Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

+23
Mark87
JKnight
kg_sspoom
The Fox
Father General
MajorByrd
mitra
Martin
LEGIO_Suchet
Sharpe55
Hays
Grog
MJ1
Leffe7
kg little mac
WJPalmer
Hannibal
Ike
Baldwin1
Blackstreet
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
Khryses
27 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:26 am

Sspoom/Steve - do you want a different Spanish map command role or would you prefer to help out in the MP games?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion

Post  JKnight Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:23 am

you guys still getting the new nap camp going i would like in
JKnight
JKnight

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Yep. Its actually up and running now. You were not involved last year I don't think, but we played two map turns in about May/June and had three fun battles but we took a break for the summer. Unfortunately I ran into a pretty big personal crisis in the late summer/autumn and wasn't able to continue the game after what was supposed to be a "summer break". It has turned out to be exactly a "1 year break" but now we are rolling again.

I want to give Neal a special thanks for his Lost Division campaign. The fun of that sparked me into action to resume this. Thanks Neal.

I have in fact sent out the turn 3 (early July 1808) OOBs and orders/reports to almost every player. Only Generals Moncey and Cuesta have not been given this data as their forces are fighting a battle right now which we need to play asap. After that battle is resolved we will head off into the early July turn at full speed.

Please read the rules and find the map in a nearby thread.

I have currently players for every map command, but I do need spare players both for the battles and who can role play 'NPC' generals for me. If a fortress gets besieged or some event like that, its useful to have a player I can send a sitrep to and ask him to decide what happens such as whether the garrison tries to break out. Its better than me weighing up things then rolling a dice.

The campaign is the entire Spanish/Portuguese Peninsular Theatre from the very start of what we in Britain call The Peninsular War and what the Spanish call The War of Liberation. I don't know what the French call it but it's probably not printable on a family forum anyway. Eventually a British army will land in Portugal but right now its purely a rag-tag circus army of Spanish versus a rag-tag army of ex-garrison French, so armies on both sides are curious with many odd colourful units and a wide range of troop qualities. The Spanish do tend to lose the battles but this in fact doesn't seem to be a big hindrance to them! The French on the other hand are hamstrung with a long Line of Communications they must keep open, a lot of places they must put garrisons into to keep the peace (a constant drain on manpower) and they can't afford to really lose any battles, so its a tough job for both sides. The Spanish are also in political turmoil which makes for some odd and amusing (or tragic) events.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:12 pm

I have a friend who would like to participate once his computer is mended. So say 2-3 weeks. Is that ok?

Glad that all the main commands are taken. Are you intending to accumulate some floaters? If so, perhaps he could be one of those?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Would be delighted to have him. Map commands are taken, yes, unless someone divides their force and I need a separate commander for that part. He could be a floater, yes, but if he has a strong preference for either side I can place him on that side for battles.

Mitra is floating this time around but I'll give him French commands where I can as he was French before.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:37 pm

The only thing I am unhappy about with this campaign is that Mark is not in my command.  Sad  I have some wonderful tactical ideas I'd like to try out with his division. Are you sure you can't accommodate this small request, Martin?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 pm

You'll stoop to anything in order to win.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Gen Blake, feel free to write Gen Dupont a letter asking his corps to march over and work out something with the Army of Galicia.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm

I'm note sure which Martin he means. There is more than one way to skin a cat...........

Let me just say that my latest uniform was rather extravagant, even for me. And it now needs to be paid for.

By all means write to me, Blake, and we'll see whether something can be worked-out.

Murat

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Some wonderful letter-writing being done by a lot of players at the moment - thank you to everyone. Even the smack-talk has begun (parlais fesser as they say in Paris, or fanfarronear as it's known in the backstreets of Cadiz)
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:08 am

Gentlemen.  I have received the following letter from the soi-disant ‘Teniente General’ Llamas.  Apparently he was a trader in sheep dung in Valencia until a month ago.

"To the most despicable Invader and Occupier of God's favorite Nation, the Kingdom of Espana

Although your evil host defeated me in battle most recently you shall not be safe as long as the boots of your cursed minions desecrate the most sacred ground of glorious Spain.

The Corsican Dwarf may have been fortunate in some late battles against the woman-like Austrians but be aware that your luck will run out shortly for God is on our side.

The People of Spain will not bow down to foreign occupation and we most definately will not accept the rule of a people who enjoy eating frogs, cruelty to geese and urinating in the streets.

You shall not rest. You shall not sleep. You shall not be safe.

Teniente General Pedro Gonzales de Llamas"

I have ordered copies to be printed and distributed to each regiment in the army, as it demonstrates the sheer barbarism of those who oppose us.  Anyone who would seek to ban a law-abiding person from such innocent pleasures as enjoying eating frogs, being cruel to geese, and urinating in the streets, clearly operates outwith the confines of decent society.  I refuse to believe that this oaf represents the views of the majority of our Spanish bothers, who remain loyal subjects of King Joseph.

Murat, Marshal of France
Alcala, July 1808

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:54 am

Now that Valladolid is in French hands, the Army of Castille's supply depot is a smouldering ruin and Cuesta's vagabonds are limping away north toward Leon (defeated but respecting their general for standing up like a man and fighting... even if he did mysteriously vanish at the climax of the battle), we can move on with the early July turn proper.

A lot of players have already issued orders and been writing letters and 50% of the turn is already done but a couple of key forces (principally around Valladolid where events were being awaited on before orders were issued) can now resume strategic orders and movement.

I require map orders from Moncey/Andy, Dupont/Mark and Bessieres/Ike. Also Blake/Kevin, Belvedere/Morsey, Villava/Niall, San Juan~von Reding/Maitland, Llamas/Sven.

Orders have been received from Reille/Sean, Duhesme/Berto, Verdier/Stefan, Murat/Martin and Joseph/Hannibal. Also Acevedo/Sam, Palacio/Baldwin, Castanos/Ron.

We have another battle which I will tentatively set for next Saturday. It's at Ordal near Barcelona. The Army of Cataluna is on the march (at last!) against Duhesme's corps. The map in use will be Fox's Gap from the Antietam expansion pack and because this is a very hilly region there will be special restrictive terrain rules in use limiting where units can go.

This one should be... different.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:35 pm

Update - see post above.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:32 pm

I believe I have already sent you movement orders, sir.

Bessieres
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:54 pm

Mm, yes, you did send me some I remember now. Did you send me any for Bessieres' own corps? I don't recall seeing those.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 pm

Ah, my own corps .... hmmm .... perhaps not.

Remedied, sir.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Noted.

I'm only now missing map orders from Moncey/Andy, Belvedere/Morsey, Villava/Niall, San Juan~von Reding/Maitland.

So far we have 2 more battles to fight in early July - Ordal Cross near Barcelona and San Milan NW of Miranda del Ebro where Acevedas' Army of the Asturias is attacking Gen Mouton's division. The second battle is quite small and might even be fitted in mid-week.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:00 pm

I'll remind Morsey. I don't know about Andy. I think he is about to start Med School so he might be too busy.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:04 pm

Thanks Byrd. Yes, I've yet to get a reply from Andy. I have a replacement for him waiting in the wings. Moncey's Corps has a pretty critical role right now and an active player would be better. I do realise he's got important things to do, but on the other hand I don't like things to drag for the other players.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:10 pm

I'm gonna try to reach him. If you and me both can't I guess he wouldn't object to giving his command to someone who has the time to actively play I suppose.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:24 pm

Meanwhile in diplomatic circles, an exchange of correspondence...

June 6, 1808
Astorga, Leon

To: Adm. Sir Charles Cotton

My Dear Adm. Cotton,

I am writing you with regards to the common enemy our two countries share, namely France. As you are aware, the people of Spain have risen up and are united in our desire to throw out the invaders. I have assembled a substantial force here in Galicia. The men are eager to close with the hated enemy. But we lack the means in which to fight them. We are in need of much, of cannon, of muskets, of money, even of shoes. And we lack the drill masters needed to turn this mass of men into the disciplined soldiers that the campaign will require. In addition, I must leave a substantial force in the province as French forces are just across the border in Portugal.  Men who could be better used marching east and closing the passes of the Pyrenees.

I am requesting that your country supply us with these things that we need. While I cannot permit a significant British military presence in Galicia, the memory of your occupation of our country is too fresh, I am prepared to allow your ships safe harbor in my ports where you may unload any supplies you might wish to use to support an operation in Portugal. By clearing that country of the hated invader, you free many Spaniards for duty at the front. The sooner we can come to an arrangement, the sooner Spain becomes a French graveyard.

Perhaps you can pass this note on to your foreign secretary, Canning for his consideration. I understand he is quite sensible about such matters.

I am &c, &c,
Generalissimo Joaquín Blake y Joyes

Whitehall
London
13th July 1808

Mon Signeur General,

I was most pleased to receive, via the Admiralty, a letter from your good self describing the present situation in your nation. May I, initially, offer the heartfelt sympathy of His Most Britannic Majesty, and His Majesty's Government for the most unpleasant and destabilising turmoil, poor 'Espana' finds herself in. His Majesty enquires after the health and whereabouts of His Royal Highness Carlos IV and his son His Majesty Ferdinand VII and trusts in God that they may remain safe and in good spirits. His Majesty also wishes me to pass on to you and the many Spaniards fighting alongside you, for the gracious protection of Our Lord and the success of your arms in this most terrible and unwarranted conflict.

Regarding details of your letter His Most Britannic Majesty's Government, and military, has been watching the situation in Portugal and Spain for many months. While it is true that in all matters of precedence and of a technical nature, Britain and Spain are at war, I feel that the present circumstances are unusual and I am already aware, via Admiralty letters, that certain officers of the Royal Navy are assisting Spanish arms and officers and towns on an ad-hoc basis. We cannot condone or support such actions officially, but as you will be aware, it is not always effective to control a fleet of many dispersed squadrons and separate frigates from a distance. We therefore make it unofficial policy for local commanders to use their discretion as to matters of military expedient.

Nevertheless, we have sent a diplomatic legation to Cadiz, which we beleive is the principal harbour of Spain and we understand that Seville, the capital of Andalucia may promise to be the political capital of your nation while our mutual enemy controls fair Madrid. Our talks may progress, we trust to the satisfaction of both parties and end in a formal cessation of hostilities between our nations. A military alliance may follow after, God willing. Once we have agreement, I feel certain that practical assistance will quickly follow.

My own immediate concern is the state of our ally, Portugal, which is under French occupation, the royal family having taken ship to their south American posessions. To this end, be advised that our navy and army are taking steps to release our ally from her burden of foreign oppression and in a very few weeks dramatic news should follow. We trust that these operations, though short of what your letter requests, will grant a peaceful state of affairs regarding your border with Portugal and permit you to march any border garrisons you might have to other theatres.

I am your most respectful friend,
Viscount Castlereagh, Marquess of Londonderry,
Secretary of State for War
Ye King of Spaine Inn - NPC OOC Discussion - Page 8 Castlereagh-sig
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:08 pm

The Beast of Valladolid!

The outrages committed against the loyal citizens of Valladolid by Cuesta’s rabble are a matter of record. They include heresy, arbitrary arrest, quantitative-easing, confiscation of money & food, and forced recruitment into the so-called Army of Castilla.

I accordingly initiated an investigation into these matters upon my appointment as military governor of the city.

It appears that the aforementioned iniquities were perpetrated by ‘General’ Pignatelli and his men. Apparently this rogue was of some notoriety prior to the recent civil disturbances, and was implicated in brigandage and banditry in the Benavente region.  Somehow, he and his band blustered their way into command of a portion of Cuesta’s army, and have merrily continued their black arts under cover of supposedly ‘requisitioning supplies’.  In addition, it was found that the level of exactions went far beyond what could ever have been needed for military purposes, and can only have been intended to further line the pockets of Pignatelli and his cronies.

In justice, it must be said that no evidence so far has come to light implicating Cuesta himself in this scandal.

The results of the investigation were naturally referred to Marechal de Murat, to be dealt with under military law.  I am given to understand that a court has now passed sentence of death on Pignatelli, in absentia.  Upon apprehension, he will of course be hung as a common criminal.

Given the poor condition of many of King Joseph’s loyal citizens, orders have been give to open the storehouses in Valladolid to the famished populace.

Général de division Gobert
Military Governor of Valladolid

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:57 pm

Governor of Valladolid, Général de division Gobert

These are terrible times we as a nation face! I am sending you a few wagons with basic needs that our countrymen need. I have sent them post haste and hope the arrive to your storehouse in tact.

So you know Estramadura stands with you in the war!

Viva Espanana!

Teniente General Galluzzo, Conde de Belvedere

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 pm

Sending wagons to the French Sire?! Treason Sire, or should I dare say Monsieur?
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:55 pm

Well I for one was impressed by the Conde's noble gesture.  

It indicates that he is a gentleman of some humanity, unlike so many of the other soi-disant Spanish 'generals'.

I am given to understand that there are a number of commanders who are lukewarm in their support for the rebellion, and repelled by the activities of the extremist factions.  King Joseph will be generous to those who return to his allegiance.  We look forward to hearing from you, Belevedere.  

Murat, marechal de France and Prince de Berg

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next