Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

+14
Earl of Uxbridge
gehrig38
Mongo
Grog
Taff1943
Charmead
ushiri
Didz
Martin
CaptainAndrew
scauispo
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
Miko77
18 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 9 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Miko77 Fri May 26, 2017 9:55 am

Kevin hammered Phil

Phil was fine... just -1 brigade Smile
The primary objective for British was to make sure that their cook in Castel Delfino can work undisturbed on cuisine experiment Very Happy

La Victoire est à Nous cheers
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 9 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Uncle Billy Fri May 26, 2017 2:30 pm

Phil was fine... just -1 brigade Smile
Just a flesh wound
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 26, 2017 3:39 pm

I was hardly there at the PC. Was occupied with my grandson. Needless to say when I got back to say I had to leave and take care of him I was trounced from the rear.

How would I have let anybody get so close to me from the rear and attack with cav right into rear of DIV.

Probably need to cut the gaming down.

Oh well so goes life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri May 26, 2017 5:33 pm

The primary objective for British was to make sure that their cook in Castel Delfino can work undisturbed on cuisine experiment

What? What is this 'cuisine' you speak of? We have fish and chips and tea, we don't need to experiment on anything else. I call BS on this objective!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri May 26, 2017 6:00 pm

I call BS on this objective!
Nay. His Grace was to be presented some dish involving, beef, mushrooms and pàte. He was said to be looking forward to it. Unfortunately the dish is now lost to history. Sad
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Fri May 26, 2017 10:41 pm

I call BS on this objective!

ok.. briefing in full:

The Emperor has received word of important and secret gastronomical research being conducted
by the British in Castel Delfino, unlikely but possible.  The nature of it is unknown, but it
is rumored that it involves the combination of beef, mushrooms and possibly pàte.  This would
be a slap to the face of our own superior cuisine.  It cannot be allowed.

Intelligence:
General Hill's corps is reported to be encamped in the vicinity of Pinerolo.  No troops have
been reported at Castel Delfino.  Superior French intelligence guarantees this.

Objective:
Occupy Castel Delfino.  Confiscate all materials related to the research being carried out.
Leave in its place, a wheel of Stilton.

I didn't know how French would know about wheel of Stilton (must be superior French intelligence) and why would they need to leave it in its place as a part of the objective.
I showered Kevin with questions when we were in planning phase till he replied "just take the (bloody) town"...
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat May 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Sometimes Kevin's objective backgrounds are the Achilles heel of his scenarios. A good legal counsel can let you get away with a win with minimum effort. Just passing a battalion through that town for 10 minutes and then exiting the map would have won you that game! Twisted Evil

We had a fun game vs the AI yesterday on one of the Pipe Creek maps. Phil and Kevin drew an entire French corps onto themselves with a frontal demonstration, and were almost annihilated, Mike took the enemy attacking Kevin/Phil in flank and rear and kept them occupied while I basically walked around half the map, then into the almost unoccupied objective town and sat down to dinner and spoon-counting for 2 hours. Most enjoyable. These are the sorts of scenarios I like best.

Replay File
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 27, 2017 1:59 pm

LOL Digby!!

I lost power right when I was about to go rescue Kevin, I guess that was an OMEN to let him be.

Thanks for the replay.

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat May 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Sometimes Kevin's objective backgrounds are the Achilles heel of his scenarios. A good legal counsel can let you get away with a win with minimum effort. Just passing a battalion through that town for 10 minutes and then exiting the map would have won you that game!
Poppycock!  They are deliberately written that way so that I can determine at a whim, the winner of the scenario. Twisted Evil
I didn't know how French would know about wheel of Stilton (must be superior French intelligence) and why would they need to leave it in its place as a part of the objective.
Did you forget to leave the cheese?  Pity, you lost the battle due to inattention to details.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat May 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Remarkable. Another win for the side Kevin was on. How does he do it?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:06 pm

It is with the deepest regret that I report the crash we had yesterday was due to a bug and cannot be blamed on Mike. The good news is that the bug was not in any of my code. cheers Needless to say a new dll will be up for testing the next time we play.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:12 pm

Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:24 pm

"Thin Blue line" on Sunday and then "Prussian Albuera / Borodino" on Monday...
I'd like nice Ocana / Friedland on Wednesday - French side of course, please...
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:48 pm

I can give you Friedland, but you'd be wearing white. affraid How well can you swim?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:17 pm

I miss your AARs Kevin, can you do one for yesterdays game? It was pretty gritty towards the end.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:57 pm

Alas, I deleted the replay. Perhaps that's not a bad thing, as I'd have lauded the play of Phil and myself and been "slightly" dismissive of the part of the battle you and Miko fought. Just a guess, of course. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:04 pm

I'd agree with your assessment that you and Phil "played" while Miko and I had "a battle" Razz
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:11 pm

OK guys, I've uploaded my first ever video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzG9pL-_93w&lc=z12wjnjqmrfwz1obz04cd34iny3du5g452s

That's the first part of the battle vs AI we played on Wednesday. Please like/share/subscribe cheers
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:59 pm

The quality is quite good. I have a couple of small suggestions. 1. Turn off the flag and path icons. They detract from the realism of the scene. 2. When a message from a player pops-up, leave it on screen a little longer so slow readers won't have to stop the video or back it up to read it.

You might also want to add some violin music whenever Phil moans about the presence of the Russian cuirassiers. Clearly, it's a heartbreaking situation. Sad
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:14 pm

Thanks Kevin,
Ok, I did turn off the flag and paths... as for flags markers I actually wanted them off... but "no paths" will degrade my performance in the game as I won't be able to know if AI found some crazy path (marching in front of the enemy lines instead of marching in the rear).
Messages, the same - In the game I maybe looked 2 seconds at message from Phil... sometimes I don't read them at all if in the heat of battle and read them later on when less busy with handling the situation. I'll try to do it, and leave the messages from human players to stay longer...
As for adding the violin music I don't know what exactly I could use to not breach the copyright... I'd like this channel to exist for a bit, so if you know how it works, I'm happy to work on it. cheers
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:44 pm

Whenever I read Phil's messages, I usually here the violin music from Schindler's List. Barring that, this is 19th century so there won't be any copyright: https://youtu.be/UHm1ac22fT8
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:24 am

I've just uploaded the mid-part which is more interesting...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVGO2MU-UFw&feature=youtu.be

I need to make sure it's 100% legal to use the track... one damn strike and videos are limited to 15 minutes which is useless for SoW videos... maybe Phil can record playing something sad on his piano? Smile

Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:27 pm

What I do when I upload SoW game videos Miko is give a bit of background in the upload notes so viewers have an idea of what is going on. I also open the mini map first of all and with the cursor set to be displayed in the video I highlight my current position then any objectives, then give the viewer a few moments view from my player POV to get his bearings vis a vis the map. i also open the minimap fairly frequently and confirm my position again with the cursor.

Right now I don't have any video editing software I like that is free. I tried OBS and just could not get on with it - its too much designed for streaming. My favourite is good old Windows Movie Maker but that is no longer free, I may have to bite the bullet and buy a copy, unless anyone has an old version that was the free version issued with WinXP they can send me?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:49 pm

I've just uploaded the battle we played yesterday.
I think I've got the maximum possible compression at about 2 GB for whole 3h battle.
Uploading 1 GB part is not that long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpzZ9C1q_6E&feature=youtu.be

please check if the loss of quality is not too big.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:48 pm

It looks clear enough to me though I haven't reached any message writing/reading yet. Nice to see the first battle on the reworked map will be saved for posterity!

I would suggest running the recorder so that it shows the game cursor - that way people get a better idea of what it is you're doing. At the start i suggest keeping the map open for a longish time and placing your cursor over the eyeball to bring up your player position, then hover it over the objective, which brings up its name. If the cursor is being recorded you can then also make some lines and motions on the minimap with it to indicate where you are or will be going.

Some subtitles describing some of the action would add a lot too.

I must try to get into OBS player but I find the interface a bit unfriendly. Would you okay with have a tuition session in TS some time soon?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next