Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column

5 posters

Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Game Crashes when troops ordered into column

Post  mikea030 Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:21 pm

Good morning,

I and a friend purchased the game from steam and installed the mod. We have followed the setup as indicated on the website even disabling the context menu. We are both have the issue that when the column button is selected the game crashes and we receive the message that "Scourge of War has stopped working..." Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

mikea030

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Re: Game Crashes when troops ordered into column

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:23 pm

What army were you using when the crash occurred? I just tried it with the French and Austrians and everything worked fine.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Re: Game Crashes when troops ordered into column

Post  mikea030 Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:39 pm

We were both playing the tutorial, using the British.

mikea030

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Crashed using the French this time

Post  mikea030 Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:51 pm

I just tried scenario one as the French and I selected the column button and it crashed again.

mikea030

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Game Crashing

Post  mikea030 Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:11 pm

I think I figured it out. It appears to only happen when using stock scenarios. I don't recall seeing where the mod must only be used in sandbox mode.

mikea030

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:23 pm

To play the stock scenarios that come with the game, you have to do a little work.  First you need to download the SDK.  Here is the link: SOWWL SDK DOwnload

After it is installed, open it up and you'll see a folder named Base and inside that one named Scenarios.  That contains all the stock scenarios.

Create a new folder inside the Mods folder.  Call it Stock Scenarios.  Drag the Scenarios folder from the SDK\Base folder into the Mods\Stock Scenarios folder.

Start the game and you will find all the stock scenarios listed when you press the User Scenarios button.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Game Crashing

Post  mikea030 Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm

I did as instructed. When playing the French, I went to move troops, selected column and the game crashed.

mikea030

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty I've had the same issue

Post  Josey Wales Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:32 pm

Hi, I've recently downloaded the KS mod and followed the "Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style"

The game loads up and I can start a sandbox game, however the game crashes whenever I select certain formations (Column is one of them) for either a Divsion or Brigade. Square and line seem to be fine.

I have SOWWL version 1.01

In the notepad I get dozens of messages like this;

08:00:00 ERROR: unknown packed sprite WUR_LIA

and some like this;

08:00:00 ERROR - Can't load sound SFX_CDR_WALK_1

Any ideas?

Josey Wales

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:22 pm

It sounds like you do not have all three pieces of the mod installed. Are you using the latest version of the mod, KS Napoleon mod 1.26, KS Sprites 1.05, KS Supplemental Maps 1.17? Also, are you trying to use the Grog toolbar with the mod? It won't work with this mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Josey Wales Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Yes all 3 mods are installed to those revision numbers. The Grog Toolbar has been deselected in the Mods menu.

I'll try reinstalling them again and I'll remove the Grog Toolbar from my Mods folder and see if that makes a difference.

Josey Wales

Back to top Go down

Game Crashes when troops ordered into column  Empty Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post Re: Game Crashes when troops ordered into column

Post  Josey Wales Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:38 am

It looks like it was a problem with the unpacking program I was using. I've switched to a different one and it seems to be working. I'm really liking the new Calvary over vanilla, thanks.

Josey Wales

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:07 pm

Glad you got it working. The next update of the mod will have more new cavalry sprites and the ability to have them do proper scouting by sending you a courier message with their location and what enemy troops they see.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:47 pm

A scouting function will be a splendid addition to the mod, and I look forward to trying it.

Will a patrol also give a negative report if it arrives at its ordered location and finds nothing there?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:00 pm

Nope. No news is good news.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:19 pm

That's a pity. Negative reports were very useful. Is it a game limitation?

The odd thing is, that such reports are in the game somewhere - or at least they are in GB. I have intercepted such messages from AI subordinates a number of times.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:08 am

It's not a game limitation, just a choice.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:33 pm

If you send a patrol to location A, and hear nothing back, how do you know that location A is clear? Historically, the lack of a report could alternatively mean that the patrol had been lost.

Or is there some game mechanism that makes patrols invulnerable?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:11 pm

They are certainly not immortal. That's part of the vagaries of war.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  dran-yam-nai Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:17 pm

I have the same problem, when I start a Waterloo Battle in KS Napoleon II 133 (e.g. WL01 - Emperor's plan) it all works up until the point that I select column movement then the game crashes right out. I read in the thread that someone had identified the unpacking software as the problem. I used 7-Zip but would like to know what the other software that was used to fix the issue.

Cheers

dran-yam-nai

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:31 pm

You are trying to play one of the stock scenarios. I doubt it will work with the KS mod. There are too many differences between the stock game and the KS mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down