Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Doodles for next few regular Scourge of War MP games

+5
Calpurnius
Leffe7
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
Martin
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Doodles for next few regular Scourge of War MP games - Page 4 Empty Re: Doodles for next few regular Scourge of War MP games

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:42 pm

Yes indeed, Niall's division obliterated, mine savaged by dragoons and chasseurs, while Martin's Guards spent most of the battle brewing up tea and buttering their crumpets. By the way, how do you keep that butter fresh while on campaign? Martin's clear and decisive leadership is something to which we can only aspire.  Very Happy 
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Doodles for next few regular Scourge of War MP games - Page 4 Empty Re: Doodles for next few regular Scourge of War MP games

Post  Martin Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:09 pm

A glorious victory indeed!  Just imagine if we'd lost.  Sorry to hear about your division, old boy, but the alternative would have been to spoil the Guard's new uniforms.

Crumpets were excellent thank you.  The ambience was somewhat lacking, and I did send couriers off to you chaps asking you to keep the noise down.  The butter never seems to last long enough to go orf.  We just requisition more from the locals when we run out.  Not sure where they get it from?  Some up-market butter emporium I suppose.

Toodle-pip

Binky von Steinmetz

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:45 pm

Martin wrote:Crumpets were excellent thank you.
...and not a crumb left for those who did the fighting.

I was surprised to see that New Years day was left off the sign-up calendar. Everyone has that day off. If some are suffering from the previous evening's festivities, well that's why aspirin was invented.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Martin wrote:Crumpets were excellent thank you.
...and not a crumb left for those who did the fighting.

I was surprised to see that New Years day was left off the sign-up calendar.  Everyone has that day off.  If some are suffering from the previous evening's festivities, well that's why aspirin was invented.
Happy to add it, if I can work out how.

Martin (J)

PS  Right.  Done that.  In order to save the new version I had to complete everyone's doodle for that date, so if you've already registered on the Xmas-New Year doodle, you should go back and check I've put the right answer against your name for 1st January.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:36 pm

Have updated the doodles at the head of this thread https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t935-doodles-for-next-few-regular-scourge-of-war-mp-games#8320

This includes a mega doodle to cover the 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year.  It will obviously not be possible to maintain the usual pattern, but I am hopeful that we may even get more games.

The next weekday game will be on Thursday 12th December, at 19.30 (UK time).

Our Italian Brigade points out that a 19.30 start conflicts with dinner time in Italy.  Dinner being a major tradition!  They would like to see some 'evening' games therefore start a bit later at 20.30.  I think we should try to accommodate them, as this will obviously put them in a very good mood when playing after dinner  Very Happy 

As an experiment, I will modify the Xmas mega doodle to add 20.30 as an option for some of the early dates, and we'll see what response we get.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:03 pm

It looks like you subtracted rather than added an hour. It's listed as 18:30.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:It looks like you subtracted rather than added an hour.  It's listed as 18:30.
Blast!  Yes I did.  Thanks.

Should be changed now.  Can you & Hays check your registration?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Any thought on what type of battle to have today, ACW or Nappy? I' happy with either.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:57 pm

There's a chance I could make it tonight. It might be more like 8pm but i will try to make it earlier.

edit: Just read about the later time. If you do start at 8.30pm then this is even better.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:05 pm

The CinC position will be voted on at 19:38 promptly. Sorry you won't be there, Mike. I can't imagine who we'll pick.  Twisted Evil 
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:04 pm

Great game last night.

Thanks again for waiting for me. I know it is hard for players who have to stay up late, especially if they have work early next day. I'll try not to make too much of a habit of it.

I am free tonight after 8pm, if anyone is interested (Mrs Grog's xmas work do). I want to finish by 11pm if poss because I have work tomorrow.

Drop a line here if interested.

Mike

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:45 pm

Mike, Martin, Niall and myself had a great battle versus the AI yesterday on one of the Pipe Creek maps. Playing as the British/Prussians against the French, we were set upon from both north and south.

We were tasked with defending the town of Pinerola, an allied depot holding the army's entire supply of crumpets and bratwurst. Mike, the CinC, deployed us on the hills east and west of town, and along the north side of the river in front of the village. My division was positioned on the fine hill west of the town where I had a long view looking south, the direction of the anticipated attack. I happened to glance towards town and saw numerous French flags to the NE approaching Pinerola. I quickly sent off a message to Mike, informing him of the unanticipated appearance. Then I quickly sent him another, minutes later, when I observed more flags to the SE. Matters were looking grim.

Soon a courier arrived, stating the town was in danger of capture and to hurry my division to its defense. Reluctantly I moved off my hill and took my command east. As I reached the village outskirts, I was horrified to find the filthy French rampaging through the town with their pockets and mouths stuffed full with our crumpets. My lead brigade, stricken by the heinous sight stopped, confused. But despair quickly changed to outrage and they and my other brigade promptly ejected the enemy from the town and began to slowly push them up the hill east of it. At this time, Mike sent Henckel's division to assist. At this point I felt we would make quick work of the enemy, but as I looked at the top of the hill, I saw a regiment of cuirassiers form up to support the beleaguered infantry.

I had a small regiment of hussars, but they would be no match for that heavy cavalry. The infantry would have to face them eventually. Henckel and I slowly forced the French back, routing a number of their battalions. As we pressed them up against their cavalry, the two squadrons of soup tureens charged. Although the two targeted battalions formed into square in time, the militia unit could not maintain itself, panicked and tried to flee the field. It was quickly ridden down. The cuirassiers, not satisfied with their victory continued headlong into another of my squares, this time a battalion of regulars. Unfortunately, the same fate befell them and they too were trampled under. By now, all the battalions under my command were in square. Two had held and two were crushed. The tureens withdrew behind their infantry to reform. The French again advanced and proceeded to fire into the massed squares doing terrible damage.

Just as I was about to order my units into line, the cuirassiers advanced again. Even with two more successive charges, they could not break into the squares and were driven from the field. The squares changed into lines and I felt it would not be long before the rest of the French would be driven away. As Henckel and I pushed to nearly the top of the hill I envisioned a pheasant shoot as the enemy fled down the other side. I looked over the top to find a regiment of dragoons ready to contest the hill. Once again my men were forced to reform their squares.

With the cuirassiers gone, my hussars stood a fair chance on the field. I called them up. I would give the dragoons an opportunity to charge into my squares. I felt confident they would hold against this lighter cavalry. I would then send the hussars into the disordered enemy cavalry. For once, events occurred exactly as hoped. The dragoons made several spirited but failed charges. The squares held, the hussars slipped their leash and proceeded to chase the French from the field. They even managed to route a battalion of skirmishing voltigeurs and legre in line in the process. Good work and the hussars suffered only moderate casualties.

With the threat from the north gone, Henckel and I both turned south to aid Martin who was fending off another French division with a large contingent of cavalry. As I deployed to the rear of Martin's right flank, the game ended. However, by this time, the French were a spent force and had little chance of reentering the town.

Niall was off on our left being anti-social and fighting his own private battle. I never saw any of it. Mike did a fine job of managing a battle on two fronts. A promotion would have been assured except that the French did break into the town and make off with our crumpets. Perhaps he will find sympathetic officers at his court martial. If not, his next assignment may be in the bakery department making the replacement crumpets.

Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:29 am

If the French were stuffing their pockets and mouths full of crumpets where did they stick the stolen bratwurst?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Have updated the doodles at the head of this thread https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t935-doodles-for-next-few-regular-scourge-of-war-mp-games#8320

The next game is today, at 19.30 (UK time).   Please note this is a change from the previously advertised time of 15.30.

A mega doodle covers the 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year, starting on Wednesday 18th.  We will run as many games as possible during that period, just depending on which days & times are most popular.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:16 am

Is there a Friday game (tomorrow) at UK 20.30?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 am

Yes.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:07 am

Yes next game today at 20.30 (UK time).  See here for the mega doodle covering Xmas and New Year https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t940-mega-doodle-for-xmas-new-year-scourge-of-war-mp-games#8470

Looks like we have enough players for Saturday and Sunday too.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:54 pm

Have just updated forthcoming game dates at the head of this thread.  See here https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t935-doodles-for-next-few-regular-scourge-of-war-mp-games#8320

There will be at least one game this week on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, plus at least one game this coming weekend.

Please register on the doodles to influence days & times.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:33 pm

Ok.  I looks from the doodles as if the favoured times for this week's games are:

Thursday at 19.30 (UK time)

Friday at 19.30 (UK time)

So we'll aim to run games both days.

At the moment Saturday looks most popular for our weekend game, but let's make a final decision in a day or two.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:53 am

Have just updated forthcoming game dates at the head of this thread.  See here https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t935-doodles-for-next-few-regular-scourge-of-war-mp-games#8320

This week's games will be on Thursday (today) and Friday at 19.30.  

Please use the following doodle to register interest.

http://doodle.com/s8rtdns5ptd8sbwt

This weekend’s game will be on Saturday at 20.30.  

Again, please use the doodle to register interest.

http://swisscom.doodle.com/779zw3qbsxsan9ic

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:10 pm

Just a reminder that today's game will be at 20.30 (UK time).  Meet-up on TeamSpeak shortly before.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Will it be ACW or Nap today?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:10 pm

I am happy with either.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:55 pm

I've not played Nap in ages nor yet played the latest version of the mod so that would be my preference. Something that uses some of the new sprites?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:01 pm

There are new sprites? what is it the link?

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next