Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

+9
Blaugrana
Baldwin1
Uncle Billy
J.B. Hood
WJPalmer
FlashmanKBE
kg_sspoom
Father General
Martin
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

General Price Goes Home.  A Gettysburg scenario game - Page 3 Empty Re: General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

Post  Martin Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:16 am

Well Uncle Billy took me through port forwarding at the weeekend, so I should be ready to host. In the next few days I do need to test that with a couple of folks, whom I had trouble hosting previously. We'll keep Ron on standby though.........

Have had very few questions on the scenario from the teams. I hope that's because you're all fully on top of the situation, chaps!

I'm still hoping for one or two additional brigade commanders to sign-up, but we'll have to wait and see on that.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

General Price Goes Home.  A Gettysburg scenario game - Page 3 Empty Re: General Price Goes Home. A Gettysburg scenario game

Post  Martin Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:03 pm

Just tested hosting with Hays and we had no problems at all. That is very good news since before Uncle Billy kindly took me through port forwarding I could not host him. Just need to try hosting with ole Diggers now, and I'll be up to a 100% succcess rate.

A couple of possible additional brigade commanders in the wings. Know for sure in a few days.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:23 pm

I'm in. If it's on Saturday, time does not matter. Nor does allegiance.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:01 pm

MajorByrd wrote:I'm in. If it's on Saturday, time does not matter. Nor does allegiance.
That's excellent Sven. You will be very welcome.

At the moment you are in reserve, but you will definitely be playing. I will probably allocate you to a team on Thursday pm your time, once the overall player situation is clearer. I will send you the approriate briefing then.

In the meantime can you please doodle here, just so I can keep a running total.
http://www.doodle.com/n6pqfbgf9d7feb92

Thanks

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  J.B. Hood Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:34 pm

Sorry Gentlemen I won't be able to attend after all. Good news is Baldwin and others can keep the original schedule.
J.B. Hood
J.B. Hood

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:49 pm

J.B. Hood wrote:Sorry Gentlemen I won't be able to attend after all. Good news is Baldwin and others can keep the original schedule.
Never mind JB. There will be other games.

You raise a good point re start time. We were originally talking about a 19.00 UK time start, as that seemed most convenient for most folks. So the suggestion is that we revert to that unless anyone has strong objections. If agreed, it will mean that the European contingent will not have to play into the early hours of Sunday.

Please post if that is a problem. I will email all those who've registered to play, just in case anyone doesn't spot this exchange.

In happier news, I was able to host Digby in a test this evening, so I am hoping that all my hosting problems are behind me. But you're still on standby, Ron Basketball

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

General Price Goes Home.  A Gettysburg scenario game - Page 3 Empty General Price Goes Home now starting at 19.00 UK time

Post  Martin Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:17 pm

No one has objected to reverting to an earlier start time, so I confirm that we will aim to begin the game at 19.00 UK time on Saturday.

I still have 2 potential extra players waiting in the wings, but they will not know if they can play until nearer the time. So if you are feeling 'command-stretch' at the moment, it is possible your team might get a last-minute reinforcement. But don't count on it.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm

Martin wrote:No one has objected to reverting to an earlier start time, so I confirm that we will aim to begin the game at 19.00 UK time on Saturday.

I still have 2 potential extra players waiting in the wings, but they will not know if they can play until nearer the time. So if you are feeling 'command-stretch' at the moment, it is possible your team might get a last-minute reinforcement. But don't count on it.

Martin (J)
Niall can use all the help he can get!

Are you taking a command Martin?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:48 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Are you taking a command Martin?
Not if I can help it, diggers! Wouldn't wish that on either side affraid

Of course, if folks do have to drop out, I may have to, but my plan is to be there purely in an observer role if I can. Rather as Stefan did in some of his early scenario games. That way I cannot use my knowledge, and can also ride freely around the battlefield to get a good feel for the fighting, wherever it occurs. If the result of the battle isn't clear from the causalty report, I can then give an impartial view.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:55 pm

Martin wrote:
Mr. Digby wrote:Are you taking a command Martin?
Not if I can help it, diggers! Wouldn't wish that on either side affraid

Of course, if folks do have to drop out, I may have to, but my plan is to be there purely in an observer role if I can. Rather as Stefan did in some of his early scenario games. That way I cannot use my knowledge, and can also ride freely around the battlefield to get a good feel for the fighting, wherever it occurs. If the result of the battle isn't clear from the causalty report, I can then give an impartial view.

Martin (J)

Keep in mind, that as an observer you are still attached to one of the sides (US or CSA) and are effectively scouting for your side while riding around and observing the battle Wink
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:57 pm

Leffe7 wrote:Keep in mind, that as an observer you are still attached to one of the sides (US or CSA) and are effectively scouting for your side while riding around and observing the battle Wink
I'll chat to you about that in a minute on T/S if I may, Stefan.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:08 am

Yes, I had a British liaison officer attached to the CSA HQ in one of my campaign battles and the Union made it quite clear that he should stay at CSA HQ and do nothing else!

So as an "observer" in these battles you don't get to observe much.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:58 am

I have no problem with Martin observing in any capacity. If he would like a subordinate command, that is also available. My officers are requesting all the help they can get. General Blunt is a wily fellow but we shall beat him.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:56 am

Many thanks for your flexibility, General.

I hosted ok last night (including for erstwhile 'recalcitrants' Niall & Digby), so should be good to host tomorrow.

Am still going to send Ron a copy of the scenario though, just to be on the safe side. Probably tomorrow as I would like to make a couple of last-minute tweaks first.

Please remember revised start at 19.00 UK time, gentlemen.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:41 am

I am an "erstwhile recaltriant!" Yay!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I am an "erstwhile recaltriant!" Yay!
Ummm.........may need a judicial review on that.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3