Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

+14
Earl of Uxbridge
gehrig38
Mongo
Grog
Taff1943
Charmead
ushiri
Didz
Martin
CaptainAndrew
scauispo
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
Miko77
18 posters

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Charmead Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:36 pm

Original plan was for Phil and Digby to jointly capture the objective immediately in front of them. Martin J was to push south along our right flank, using the road, moving slowly in compact formation, with ultimate intent to lead asssault later on southern objective with secondary task of marching to sound of guns should Digby/Phil really get into trouble. Morsey to take his division east to skirt any likely French forces then South, to use any of the westward roads to hit any French in the right flank who opposed Phil/Digby.

The French caught me off guard not only with the ferocity of their assault on Digby but they were operating as far East as Mike was. Plus they had such force and good position to nullify Martin J. It killed any prospect of mutual support. Oh well. The plan failed miserably and I left myself no alternative options - to include inability to quickly fall back on our own LOC. Entirely unexpected and lesson learned. Going forward will have even healthier respect for the AI. It is bad enough when Kevin sets it up bent on vengeance for the previous loss and/or derogatory comments in AI behavior... but now we have a nasty opponent lol.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Empty Re: AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files

Post  Taff1943 Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:38 pm

The AI appears to disregard its own LOC

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:45 pm

I think by slapping its enemy around so far north it probably felt confident it wasn't at risk!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Taff1943 Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:47 pm

OK

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:55 am

But you're right Taff, the AI will usually only ever go for one objective if there are multiple ones. It went for our LOC on Sunday and ignored the other two, it appears. I do not know if the new MP scripting allows Kevin to get the AI to be interested in more than one objective.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Taff1943 Tue Jan 08, 2019 12:02 pm

A fast learning curve needed lol

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:59 pm

Let's see how the battle played out.
AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle10
The start of the battle.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle11
Ignoring a timeless caution of never separating ones forces in the face of the enemy, the Austrians do just that.  Digby's division makes first contact.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle12
After 21 minutes of fighting against 3 French divisions Digby is defeated, while Phil courageously watches the destruction.  Meanwhile, his own rear being enveloped.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle13
With Digby's defeat, the French pour through the gap and aim squarely at the Austrian LOC.  With nothing to stop them, the battle is lost.  The fat lady began singing very early this day.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle14
The two Austrian divisions that were ordered on a walkabout join the battle from the periphery.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle15
Both flank attacks end in failure while Taff, following his orders to the letter, skillfully maneuvers to a spot on the map where there is no enemy.

AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files - Page 13 Battle16
Even at the bitter end, Major Digby gamely fights his battalion. The Austrians are scattered and helpless. So sad and so Austrian.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Taff1943 Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:38 pm

Prefer to think of it as boldly throwing my brigade accross the lines of comunications

Taff1943

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:03 pm

Clearly I am never going to be allowed to forget this one ...
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:21 pm

I think now its von Dick-kopf.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:22 pm

Indeed lol
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 pm

Well if Pat is around Sunday, we'll allow him to climb back up on that horse that threw him and then stomped him into goo. We'll take another run with the 1800 Austrians on another of Crikey's Italian maps. After all, the AI can always use another hat trick. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:37 pm

I think we did brilliantly as the 1806 Prussians yesterday. We had more soldiers left at the end than Napoleon and we held one of the objectives which has to count as an astounding victory.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:00 pm

Compared to the San Lazarro battle, you are correct, one out of three objectives is a great improvement...just not great enough. Sad
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 pm

I am pretty sure I will be here tomorrow

My horse is just fine Kevin, thank you for asking

Bring it on Kevin. Script to your hearts content. I will be more than ready. Game on!!

cheers
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:46 pm

With that boast, you will be held entirely responsible for your teammates discomfort.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 13, 2019 12:55 am

Oh? Pat's going to spank our bottoms? Razz
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:15 pm

Wait ... what if I am ALREADY uncomfortable with some of my team mates?
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:57 am

Good game yesterday on one of the very nice Italy maps. We occupied one objective and burnt the other one to the ground. Kevin was last seen rushing into the blazing cathedral of San Pietro and coming out with bundles of wooden painted ikons in his hands. A noble gesture to save so much fine art from destruction.

High command failed to issue orders to even go near the third objective so it was a failure from the word go. Never mind though, it was a great game and shows the Austrians can take on the French and lose with style.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:21 pm

San Pietro is ashes. War crimes have been committed. The CinC directly ordered that it be burned to the ground. Shameful. It seems clear an investigation of these evil deeds need to be made. Perhaps a noted investigative paper such as the Little Gaddessen Intelligencer with its crack team of reporters will cast a jaundiced eye towards these barbaric events.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Excellent point, Uncle Billy. There is clearly dark work afoot.

Myself, Delores, Consuela and Roxanne stand ready to depart.  An executive jet has been hired and appropriate accommodation booked.

Just one trivial matter.  Whom should we invoice for the above?

Burlington H Grumble, Chief Reporter

Little Gaddesden Intelligencer

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:29 pm

Obviously the bill goes to the man in charge, Erzherzog Johann von Österreich. I am certain he would not wish any stain upon his honor due to this hideous affair and will gladly pay to bring the perpetrator into the dock. Should that fail, bill Morsey.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:47 pm

Ah the stage is set for my triumphant return from exile to command! Now ... where to find a tiny boat to row off this little island and get back to my HQ
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:11 am

And the Little Gaddesden Intelligencer will be there to report it!

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:52 pm

How far we have fallen when we look towards Pat as our salvation... Sad
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next