Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Swedish Intervention: Scenarios

3 posters

Go down

Swedish Intervention: Scenarios Empty Swedish Intervention: Scenarios

Post  Jeanathan Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Hello everyone!

I'd like to ask people from the community if they would be interested in helping out with something.
Of course, you'd have to possess the skillz to do it. Wink
I'd like to ask if someone in this wonderful community would like to create a scenario or/and map for the Swedish Intervention sub-mod.
I would do it myself, but I'm not really up to doing that task alone. So, if you'd be interested in helpin' a fella out, shoot a reply to me.
The scenario I'd be interested in recreating would be The Siege/Battle of Stralsund.
Thank you so much in advance everyone. /Jonathan B.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: Scenarios Empty Re: Swedish Intervention: Scenarios

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:34 pm

I can do you the OOBs and a scenario if you have a decent OOB. Presumably George Nafziger's library has some? I can't make maps but there are a couple that come to mind. The ACW Lynchburg map is very nice and has a city against a river with a ring of breastworks around it. Its not a Vauban fort like Stralsund would have been but its a start. There is also a Fort Wagner map made for Gettysburg which we could use. It is just a single earth fort on a low lying area of saltmarsh bounded by sea but it would make a nice map to have a storming action on and I have never played a scenario on it.

We can also add breastworks sprites to any map without too much work (well, Kevin can!) so if you find a map you think would fit the geography, we could edit it.

Were there any field engagements that would make good scenarios? Might we also do a Swedish-French scenario from 1813?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:22 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I can do you the OOBs and a scenario if you have a decent OOB. Presumably George Nafziger's library has some? I can't make maps but there are a couple that come to mind. The ACW Lynchburg map is very nice and has a city against a river with a ring of breastworks around it. Its not a Vauban fort like Stralsund would have been but its a start. There is also a Fort Wagner map made for Gettysburg which we could use. It is just a single earth fort on a low lying area of saltmarsh bounded by sea but it would make a nice map to have a storming action on and I have never played a scenario on it.

We can also add breastworks sprites to any map without too much work (well, Kevin can!) so if you find a map you think would fit the geography, we could edit it.

Were there any field engagements that would make good scenarios? Might we also do a Swedish-French scenario from 1813?

Basically, I already have the OOB. It's still work in progress but will be most likely finished when 1.12 releases.
The new OOB will contain more historically accurate information regarding the French.
I guess Lynchburg could do. We could use that as a basis and if someone wants to make a Stralsund map, even better.
Fort Wagner could also do. As long as someone does a minimap with the updated German/Swedish names. Most likely swedish names.
The deployment is something I have trouble doing, so someone else could do that.

In the future, I was planning on making a Sweden vs. Denmark scenario and Sweden vs. Russia scenario based on the 1808-1809 war.
And, that also reveals my future plan of adding Denmark as well.

We can definitively do a 1813 Swedish-French scenario, like Liepzig. I know Billy wanted to do one. Sweden was the best trained at the time of 1813, seeing how most armies consisted of raw recruits while Sweden still had veteran soldiers.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:34 am

After doing some digging, I made a new minimap for Valverde. I think this would be better as a campaign series of scenarios. This new minimap would be the basis for the Battle of Peene, where the French attacked the Swedish positions along the Peene river in order to advance on Stralsund. The only thing that needs to be done now before I begin making the OOB and scenario briefing is that someone adds breastworks along the river and create the town of Wolgast, north of the river. I have the maps here so I'll just link it for you to look at.
Also, the ground texture would have to be retextured to look a bit more pommeranian, if that's possible. Wink
Peene

This would be one of the scenarios of the campaign series. The campaign would be that of the Friedland campaign. There would be more scenarios like the battle of Friedland, Battle of Kolberg and the Battle of Stralsund and of course others.

Does this sound like a cool idea?

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:36 pm

Hello Jeanathan

Thanks for this great mod. Looking forward to fighting with this new army.

Starting to read up on the 1813 Campaign in Germany, so will hopefully improve my knowledge of Sweden's participation there.

I did wonder if you might to look at the Dutch units in French service in your 1807 oob. You are using 1815 sprites and flags. Another sprite might be better suited for this period:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Dutch/c_Suhrholland.html

Also, try the red, white and blue flag that RebBugler did for the KS nap mod:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/napoleonic-era/57749-some-additional-nap-flags?limit=30&start=90

I expect it is in there somewhere

Mike

Very Happy
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Mike wrote:Hello Jeanathan

Thanks for this great mod. Looking forward to fighting with this new army.

Starting to read up on the 1813 Campaign in Germany, so will hopefully improve my knowledge of Sweden's participation there.

I did wonder if you might to look at the Dutch units in French service in your 1807 oob. You are using 1815 sprites and flags. Another sprite might be better suited for this period:

http://www.napoleon-series.org/military/organization/Dutch/c_Suhrholland.html

Also, try the red, white and blue flag that RebBugler did for the KS nap mod:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/napoleonic-era/57749-some-additional-nap-flags?limit=30&start=90

I expect it is in there somewhere

Mike

Thanks a lot Mike, I'll definitively look at the Historical flags and uniforms for the French and the Franco-Allies. You could most likely expect some more OOB accuracy in the next version, cheers Mike.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down