Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated

+2
Martin
Uncle Billy
6 posters

Go down

KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated Empty KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:49 pm

The KS Napoleon mod has been updated to version 1.18.
1. Cavalry will no longer run through woods or over rough terrain.  They will walk instead.  The maps have been modified to enforce this.
2. OOBs have had commander stats changed to take advantage of the increased number of choices available in WL.
3. A few OOB errors fixed.
4. Min-maps have been shrunk.  They will still be the same size in the game.

The KS Supplemental maps has been updated to version 1.12.
The Manassas map had a few road errors that were fixed.

The new versions can be found in the first post of this thread: KS Napoleon Mod II
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated

Post  Martin Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:09 pm

Many thanks Uncle Billy.  We are as ever in your debt.  

[Please note, however, that this does not constitute a promise to pay.  Nor, in fact, does our client admit that there is a debt in law.  Your most obedient & humble servant.  B H Grumble, for Messrs Hound, Worry & Stall, Attorneys at Law, Pine Bluff, Arkansas]

Martin

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod and Supplemental Maps Updated

Post  Grog Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:20 pm

Laughing Laughing

Great stuff.

Thanks Kevin. And also for the Scenario Generator. You must be a very busy man. Don't forget to do your chores. I expect the snow will need shovelling from the front drive soon Razz
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Iberalc Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:46 am

Many thanks Kevin, very nice improvements.
Iberalc
Iberalc

Back to top Go down

Post  Volunteer Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:22 am

All installed. Thank you for the updates, Kevin. Very Happy
Volunteer
Volunteer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:03 pm

Excellent stuff. Thanks once again.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:40 am

For some reason, when I play this mod SP, the Enemy AI Corps does not move out of its deployment zone. I have tested this with several OOBs and maps. Showing 'ALL Units' on the minimap shows no enemy movement exept them shuffling some units into position.

I get no such issue with vanilla or previous KSNap mods

Might I be doing something wrong here. Can anyone else test it SP please.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:01 pm

The mod doesn't change any of the movement decisions with regards to SP play. In fact that part of the code is not accessible for modding. Were you having this problem after creating a sandbox game? If so, what type of battle was it? Were there any objectives placed on the map?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:41 pm

Thanks Kevin

The problem lies in sandbox games only. In a large number of games that I tested, the enemy Corps (AI) does not move from its deployment zone. Its only ever the enemy commander who doesn't seem to assign objectives to his divisions.

I have tried different sandbox settings but it appears to be related to oobs rather than settings (number of objectives, start time etc).

Larger Corps seem to be less likely to move than ones with less divisions but it doesn't always appear to be the case. I will check out more but really wanted to hear if anyone else could replicate this.

viewing the minimap with all units showing and speeding up time has allowed me to test out quite a few oobs and maps. Most oobs seem to be affected.

Please could some others test out some sandbox games and see if it is an issue to them or not. If it is just effecting me, then I will redownload the game. I am modded up to the latest KS files.

Cheers

Mike

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:58 am

Hi Mike

A belated response as I've been away for a couple of weeks. No you're not going mad - I get this all the time.

I think it's a game problem. Most of my comments relate to GB, where I have more experience, but I have found similar effects in Waterloo too. Like you I have done all the checks, and re-downloaded the games.

As I understand it, the issue is that the game assumes that side 1 will act passively, and that side 2 will attack. This seems to override the sandbox settings of attack and defend. So if you create a corps scenario where the AI commands side 1, and give the AI orders to attack, it will not do so. Sometimes it will move just one division, and sometimes none at all. There is a further complication, in that scenarios which work in SP, do not always do so when run in MP. Here again, the AI side often just freezes.

Fortunately there are workarounds. Wish I had known this 2 years ago..........

1. Ensure you design your game/scenario so that side 2 takes the active role, or

2. If that does not suit (say because you want the Union to attack), simply reverse the side subordination numbers in Column E of your OOB. So '1's become '2's and vice versa.

Hope that helps

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:17 pm

Thanks Martin

I really appreciate you getting back to me on this but I don't think this is the particular problem that I am experiencing with Waterloo. Although I could be wrong.

I've tested the vanilla game repeatedly and there is no issue. The Enemy(AI) Corps Commander issues orders to each of his divisions and they subsequently march. I've tested this playing the French, 'British' and the Prussians. All 3 oobs tested (including the Full French Campaign oob mod).

Testing the KS Napoleon modII 118, it does not seem to make a difference if you take Side1 or Side2. There are many occasions when the Coalition forces 'freeze' at the start as well as French forces freezing.

Kevin gave me the oobs from an v117 in case it was the recent change in commander stats that were the cause but these too are giving the same results

scratch

I'll keep on testing but, in the meantime, it would be really appreciated if anyone can spend just 15 minutes testing out Corps size sandbox out and see if they are experiencing the same.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Never mind Mike. If I get a chance in the next few days I will try and do a test.

Just one other thought though.......

"I've tested the vanilla game repeatedly and there is no issue. The Enemy(AI) Corps Commander issues orders to each of his divisions and they subsequently march. I've tested this playing the French, 'British' and the Prussians. All 3 oobs tested (including the Full French Campaign oob mod)."

Have you tried this in MP (albeit as a single player), or in SP?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:47 pm

Thanks Martin

I've not tried the MP 'test' but will test it out tomorrow.

I used to use Leffe's scenario Generator for my SP sandbox games. It would be good if it could be updated to work with the latest KS mod. Anybody heard any more on his SG?

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:51 pm

I've heard nothing for a long time Mike. Given how busy Stefan is with his job now I should think it's unlikely we'll see any updates soon.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:08 pm

Thanks Martin (Digby)

Shame. I know he has a young child/children too. Hard to keep updating, with all these new maps and oob's.

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:52 pm

To be honest I have never used his SG. I create scenarios by hand using his original tutorial. Then again I don't generate random battles - the players in my campaigns do that Wink

Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:19 pm

Mike, why don't you use the Scenario Generator I posted here?  It's a bit more flexible.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:27 pm

Kevin,

Just created my first scenario using your SG. Worked a treat, thank you.

I did, however have the same issue with AI corps commanders not moving any divisions. I'll test the scenario out again.

Perhaps my PC has become pacifist.......maybe seen too much pain and suffering (I'm gonna have to stop my girls playing Barbie games on it Laughing )
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down