Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09

+2
kg little mac
Uncle Billy
6 posters

Go down

KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09 Empty KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:02 pm

A new version of the KS mod and supplemental maps mod has been uploaded.  Changes made include new splash screens, auto-skirmisher creation has been disabled, battalions running to their destinations and arriving exhausted has been removed, (I think) & Jolly's enhanced terrain graphics have been added.

It has never been clear what role the automatically created skirmishers play in the game other than to be easy targets for enemy cavalry.  Consequently that 'feature' has been disabled.  The usual KS battalion skirmishers are still there of course.  They will utilize the enhanced skirmish logic that makes squares and arty batteries their priority targets.

The problem of some units running non-stop to their destinations has been removed.  This was a piece of deliberate AI code.  I do not know why it was added.  I think I got rid of all instances of this, but I'm not entirely sure.  It will need some testing with multiple players to see if there is any downside to removing it.  Skirmishers were also ordered to run everywhere.  This too has been fixed.  Now they will do so only 10% of the time.

Jolly's enhanced terrain graphics which are used by a few players have been made part of the Supplemental Maps mod.  It makes some terrain features such as the trees look better on the original Gburg maps and some of the expansion maps.

The menu and splash screens have been replaced with the KS versions. Not all have been done yet.

The link to the updates are in the usual place, the first post of this thread: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09 Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09

Post  kg little mac Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:05 am

Geez, Kevin, would please get this thing right so I don't have to download new stuff all the time!
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09 Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod II 1.09 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.09

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:06 am

So I don't need the GCM/Jolly's terrain mod now? It's all included?

I saw over on the NSD forum that Reb Bugler has released another version of the grog toolbar with some interesting sounding formation logic. I think it would be worth a look to see if there's anything useful in there. As the Grog toolbar and the KS mod are incompatible, it makes sense for us to include all that's useful from it into our mod.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:30 pm

would please get this thing right so I don't have to download new stuff all the time!
Is it inconvenient? In that case, the weekly updates shall continue. Mad

So I don't need the GCM/Jolly's terrain mod now? It's all included? wrote:
That's right.

I think it would be worth a look to see if there's anything useful in there.
I already did. He's implemented some of the KS mod in his.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:12 pm

He's implemented some of the KS mod in his.
Very Happy

Did he give you credit? It would be good to have everyone downloading mods by the NSD team see that they have KS mod work in them.

Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:51 pm

He just copied the ideas to the default oobs.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:21 pm

I know have 2Mbps down and 2Mbps up (no packets loss and minimal jitter) and should not take to hours to download your updates Kevin.  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:21 pm

Excellent. That's a big step forward. Hopefully it's not just a flash in the pan and will remain stable.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:31 pm

You had to bring that up! LOL I think after this they are looking at changing the infrastructure of this connection for this area. They claim it is the only area in the country that is having problems like this. Had Techs here for 2 days using my connection as a guinea pig. Got some good info on upcoming changes they are working on. Only took a year or so to finally get action but only after a complete system shutdown for this area. I think they got tired of me calling every morning asking about my connection stability report every morning. LOL Only time will tell. Suspect

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm having trouble moving units via courier orders using the command map (i.e., "move to this map point..."). When this is pulled up as a courier order, neither left-click nor right-click closes the command map and places the order in the list as it did in the GB mod. What am I missing?
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:43 pm

same happened to me one or twice

with my commander (me) it has also been difficult tho moving him (me) with the right click, especially last game. Usually end up having to move via the command map, even short distances.

operator error?
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:53 pm

Accessing the command map via the courier order system doesn't work. This is another result of MyGui, the gift that keeps on giving. Until NSD fixes this, the only way to use the the command map is by pressing the N key or CM button on the toolbar and then using the other toolbar buttons to complete the movement orders.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:56 pm

Well, that stinks. It used to be one of the primary methods I used to move folks around...
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:58 pm

Is "MyGui" the same as "NotYourGui" ... or perhaps "ScrewYouGui" ... Rolling Eyes

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:05 pm

But ... Does anyone else have an issue whilst on horseback right clicking to a destination and have to arrow show up ... And for a moment you think you are riding a mule? They only way I have been able to adjust it is move short distance via command map then right click in regular view and I get an arrow.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:23 pm

The difficulty in putting an arrow on the ground is not unusual. The one solution we've found is to lower the camera position as far as it goes and then right click on the ground. This works for not only moving yourself around the battlefield but also your men.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  skelos Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:19 pm

I like the splash screens!

Nice work.
skelos
skelos

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:46 pm

Kevin is right, Pat. If your camera view is raised up to the 10 yard height what usually happens is the invisible flag of your own avatar is right in front of your view, preventing you clicking anything beyond it (that is, everything). Sinking down to 2 yard height and then clicking fixes this.

On the subject of MyUselessGUI, I personally would be grateful for any support on the NSD forums. I have been shouting long and loud about how hopeless it is and how it simply isn't suitable for a game with an interface of this complexity. If others who feel that its implementation is actually a backwards step would speak up via posts there (please cite examples of this such as no command map via the courier screen - I hadn't even noticed that since I don't use that command/control method), I think that can only help. The more things customers highlight as having been screwed up by MyShittyGUI the better for all of us.

The fact it was apparently Matrix who suggested MyCrapGUI (those nice people who screwed up MP on the Antietam and Brandy Station maps by releasing different lsl files in their versions of the add-ons) only concerns me more. They seem to be okay as a publisher but not as a development partner.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:48 pm

Double post - sorry.

Kevin, please can we revert to the long thin-tailed direction arrow? I find it is much more distinctive as to which way its pointing when it in odd folds in the ground, or at a distance.

Or is the thin-tailed version still around somewhere so I can add it into my version of the mod?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:56 am

Another post. Meh.

About the newly converted GCM terrain/vegetation sprites. These are producing errors as we have all seen. Can they be unpacked in the same way the vanilla WL vegetation is to get around this?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:05 pm

I can't see a thread for KS Mod v1.11 so I'll post this here.

I've had a couple of rather frustrating experiences recently commanding elite troops. I suspect its due to the new mechanism whereby better trained troops hold their fire until closer ranges. Problem is I've had two instances now of British Foot Guards standing there doing nothing while French of far inferior quality stand-off and open fire at extreme range. Result - the Brits rout after a while as they won't advance as they are in an excellent position and I don't want to leave it. Can we investigate if this new and annoying feature can be removed, or made an option? Can we order units to start firing even if their colonels choose not to?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Did they get ammunition issued? Budget cuts hit hard. Even in virtual troops.

On a side note I was curious of the pair of crashes this weekend had anything to do with latest versions? And if not why? Just curious. Seemed unusual.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Yes they had ammo. I could order an advance to short range and they'd do so and blast out a volley that made the French run - it was just that after a couple of those advances the battalions were shattered and ran away. Doesn't seem right to me at all.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down