Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

The campaign is ready! Pick your start date

5 posters

Go down

The campaign is ready! Pick your start date Empty The campaign is ready! Pick your start date

Post  Father General Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:40 am

The OOBs are done and the campaign is ready to start. I expect to build the scenario sometime this weekend, should it all come together.

Which it will.

So, we're looking at a start date around March 1-3, or the weekend after that.

Before I put up a doodle, I want to know what the community wants.

For some time, you have been having tremendous fun with the GCM campaign, and I do not want to interfere with that. We can start as early as March 1. The first battle is somewhat set-piece, however after that battle, both commanders will have full control over what happens next.

The commanders are Blackstreet (CSA) and M.T. Georgia (USA).

Post when you're ready to roll and I'll set the doodle based on your feedback.

Let's go!

-Neal

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

The campaign is ready! Pick your start date Empty Re: The campaign is ready! Pick your start date

Post  WJPalmer Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:26 am

Father General wrote: For some time, you have been having tremendous fun with the GCM campaign, and I do not want to interfere with that.

No worries. We'll schedule HITS/GCM games around KS Campaign events.
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

The campaign is ready! Pick your start date Empty Re: The campaign is ready! Pick your start date

Post  Blackstreet Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:22 pm

Father General wrote:The OOBs are done and the campaign is ready to start. I expect to build the scenario sometime this weekend, should it all come together.

Which it will.

So, we're looking at a start date around March 1-3, or the weekend after that.

Before I put up a doodle, I want to know what the community wants.

For some time, you have been having tremendous fun with the GCM campaign, and I do not want to interfere with that. We can start as early as March 1. The first battle is somewhat set-piece, however after that battle, both commanders will have full control over what happens next.

The commanders are Blackstreet (CSA) and M.T. Georgia (USA).

Post when you're ready to roll and I'll set the doodle based on your feedback.

Let's go!

-Neal

Let me speak to the real C-in-C Embarassed
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Let me speak to the real C-in-C
At your service. The Father General will be quickly dispatched and then you and I can get down to the real business at hand. Namely, I have received reports that you set a fine table. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:06 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
At your service. The Father General will be quickly dispatched and then you and I can get down to the real business at hand. Namely, I have received reports that you set a fine table. Very Happy

Not you!

I'm afraid it looks like the 1st-3rd March is not ideal for me. Of those three, Friday 1st is probably the most likely. However, I'm thinking the following weekend would be easier for me. Alternatively, weeknights (except Thursday) are good for me at the moment.
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:11 pm

Not you!
Meh. Please tell me you were not referring to the dispenser of all things frilly. Just tell her you have been invited to an international conclave of civil war historians. It's a prestigious honor that you just can't turn down. It worked for Martin once and he lived to tell the tale. Women are saps, they want to believe. They'll fall for nearly any cockamamie story once. Make it sound half way believable and you might be able to use it again. I usually charge for valuable advice such as this. But in the interest of meeting my opponent on the field, I will waive my fee. Good luck.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:39 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Not you!
Meh. Please tell me you were not referring to the dispenser of all things frilly. Just tell her you have been invited to an international conclave of civil war historians. It's a prestigious honor that you just can't turn down. It worked for Martin once and he lived to tell the tale.
If you can call it living Embarassed

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 am

Blackstreet wrote:
Uncle Billy wrote:

Not you!

I'm afraid it looks like the 1st-3rd March is not ideal for me. Of those three, Friday 1st is probably the most likely. However, I'm thinking the following weekend would be easier for me. Alternatively, weeknights (except Thursday) are good for me at the moment.

Good sir, as you are integral to the Father General's plan, I will make the first doodle for the weekend following. Smile

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

Father General wrote:
Good sir, as you are integral to the Father General's plan, I will make the first doodle for the weekend following. Smile

Thanking you kindly.

Do I get to find out details about the forces under my command at some point? Smile
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:45 pm

[quote="Blackstreet"]
Father General wrote:

Do I get to find out details about the forces under my command at some point? Smile

Sir,

It appears to me that you are concerned with trivialities such as force composition and strength ratios and whatnot. You must put these things out of your mind. We do not concern ourselves with how many the enemy are, but only where they are. You see, we always outnumber the imps of the devil, as we are aided by the entire heavenly host of Providence which fights alongside us. And since we have the aid of Providence, which comes down from heaven itself, we command the higher ground in every battle.

So, it does not matter if you are but a company and the enemy a corps, entrenched as cowards upon a hill. You will surely defeat them as long as you are faithful and brave.

You are faithful and brave, aren't you General Blackstreet?

-FG
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:49 pm

I just got the first battle OOB back today. I have the masters already. I need to decide on the initial disposition of forces before we start the strategic portion of the campaign.

I will make the battle this weekend.

I will send you both the master OOBs within the next day or so, as I am able. (I am at work right now and probably shouldn't be planning civil war while drawing pay, although I am pretty much my own boss! LOL)

You will have everything you need. After the first battle, the FG will be more or less sacked for his disobedience to Hebert's orders to refrain from attack (really, it should be no surprise to anyone following the story) and you sir, will command everything.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blackstreet Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:36 pm

Father General wrote:
You will have everything you need. After the first battle, the FG will be more or less sacked for his disobedience to Hebert's orders to refrain from attack (really, it should be no surprise to anyone following the story) and you sir, will command everything.
-Neal

I may have more temperate views than my friend the "Father General", but after reading this, even I now open my heart and say

"God help us."
Blackstreet
Blackstreet

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:26 pm

I may have more temperate views than my friend the "Father General", but after reading this, even I now open my heart and say

"God help us."
My Dear General Blackstreet,
You may wish to avoid this conflict. My men have made special plans with regards to the Father General. Given the similarity in appearance, it would be a pity if they confused you with their intended target. While I may advise them to concentrate their efforts on the pin head rather than the big head; in the throes of satiating their blood lust, my men may not take the necessary care and leave you whole. I do not wish you to come to such an end, but I cannot guarantee your safety on the field.

Respectfully yours,
Lt. General M.T. Georgia, Commanding
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:12 am

The scenario is built and appears to run without crashing. :-)

Now I just need to run a few more tests and we're good to go!

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down