Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off!

3 posters

Go down

CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off! Empty CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off!

Post  Father General Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:10 am

The campaign starts NOW!

-I will be posting a revised map in a minute.

-I need a list of who can host and how many you think you can host without crashing.

-MTG/Uncle Billy/Kevin, we need to post a list of mods and their links. Is it okay to use toolbar mods or any others during the games? I don't want anyone to miss out because they crash, or for us to play that one game where we spend an hour trying to get everything to work, then play a game that crashes 10 minutes before we're done... Any help you provide, and that goes for anyone, is appreciated.

-A quick shout out to NIALL/HAYS*, DIGBY, MARTIN, and STEFAN who have provided MATERIAL SUPPORT to this campaign. I'd like to buy you gentlemen beers and we will talk privately to see how to arrange that (Paypal?). (NIALL/HAYS = 1 person, therefore only 1 beer, sorry.)

-I will post stories to each private forum to get the party started. These stories will provide the initial situation and other information to the side commanders and will be enjoyed by those who are committed to a side for reading. Floaters aren't supposed to see them, but I'm not going to commit seppuku if they do. Ideally the side forums are private to those who have locked themselves on each side. Message me on here if there is an issue.

Away we go, let's have some fun!

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off! Empty Re: CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off!

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:26 am

I play our Kriegspiel games using Kevin's mod, Garniers GCM terrain mod (prettier trees and bushes) and reb Buglers toolbar. All of these have worked for me over months and months of GCM games.

There is one clear rule we do need to announce and that is that all Couriers games we play MUST be played in full screen, never in windowed mode. There is a specific instability crash in SoW MP play that still occurs regarding courier messages that Norb has identified is linked to windows of different resolution.

Please don't discuss this or say "it works fine with X mods", or "windowed MP games have worked fine for me for years". We know. We completely believe you. We also know with almost 2 years of playing under our belts with HITS & Couriers mode that full screen is essential to prevent one certain pattern of crash.

Thanks everyone.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off! Empty Re: CAMPAIGN START 6/23! And we're off!

Post  Father General Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:17 am

Digby, having witnessed this myself, I concur. In fact, I thought it was a standing KS group rule already.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:38 am

It is, but we are opening the group to new players some of whom may not be aware of this.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:40 pm

It's good to see superstition is alive and well.

cyclops 
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:10 pm

I can't stop anyone from playing in windowed mode, but I definitely know that minimizing the game while running freezes it. Anyway, that's our rule even if it is largely unenforceable. Just know that if you play in windowed mode, the entire host of Providence sees what you're doing.

Whatever choices you make, please "don't upset my circles." (Last words of Greek philosopher Aristarchus, before he was killed by an invading Roman soldier.)
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:09 pm

I'll comply with the KS superstition rule, no problem.

Minimizing the game while in windows mode does not freeze the game. Minimizing in full screen mode does.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down