Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Summary of sides

Go down

Summary of sides Empty Summary of sides

Post  Father General Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:22 am

At this point, I am waiting on a couple late enlistments, one Union, one Confederate. With those in hand, both sides are roughly coequal in power.

CSA

2 Cav
8 Inf
2 batteries at 8 guns each

USA

1 Cav
8 Inf
2 batteries at 12 guns each - superior guns

One of the things I am unsure of is who is from where. Looking at the OOB, I made everyone change their name so I have little idea who is from where. I will need to sort this out, but I think we have the group split between Union and Confederate. One of the suggestions I'll make for Corps commanders is to get to know their subordinates. Find out, roughly, who is available when. Overall, I do not think time will be an issue for the majority of players. I am not so naive to imagine that every slot will be filled with human commanders since it is no easy thing to jive the schedules of a dozen folks across 8 different time zones.

Still, we cannot micromanage this as it would remove from the Corps commander his ability to move units under the fog of war -- in other words, if he had to arrange clashes between European players, it would become quite restrictive and an important element of secrecy would be lost.

What we will do is permit up to two weeks for a battle to be scheduled and fought.

With the map being what it is, which is excellent, I envision the corps being divided several times. We may have multiple small battles set for any given turn. I do not envision server-crashing, epic 12 on 12 battles.

All in all, I think we'll be fine.

I am going to review the map and if Digby and I agree that it's ready to go, I'll post it for both sides. It's just the map and the two lagging enlistments that remain.

I hope you gentlemen and Union players are ready!
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down