Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Stand-alone OOBs

4 posters

Go down

Stand-alone OOBs Empty Stand-alone OOBs

Post  remus Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:57 am

Hi all

I would appreciate some feedback on using Order of Battles from the KS Mod in the Scourge of War environment, that is without it being a part of the KS Mod. I have tested it initially in KS mod and it works fine but has problems if I try it as a stand alone. For example troops sink in to the terrain from time to time and some units neither charge or return fire. It happens on various maps so I suspect that it is linked to separating it from the KS environment. Appreciate any help given.

Remus

remus

Back to top Go down

Stand-alone OOBs Empty Re: Stand-alone OOBs

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:39 pm

If I recall correctly, the sprites sinking into the ground is a problem due to multiple terrain sprites being pack on a single sheet. To work properly, each terrain sprite must be on its own sheet. The KS mod fixed that, but I don't think the stock game ever did.

Since you are not using the KS mod, the non-firing/charging problem is likely faulty coding in the stock dll. The question is, why would you want to use the stock game as it is quite inferior to the KS mod?
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Stand-alone OOBs Empty Stand alone

Post  remus Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:27 pm

Hi Uncle Billy
Thanks for your reply. I absolutely agree with you that the KS platform is superior. My reason for the clarification is that I was wanting to post the Battle of Marengo and the Battle of Lodi in the SOW forum as standalone formats. All the sprites and documentation are based on the KS mod but I found when it was placed in its own folder that was when the problems started to occur.

The reason that I was thinking about a stand alone was that there may be people that do not have the KS mod in the SOW community and perhaps be unwilling to take the time to download it as a condition of playing a different mod. If however they are able to download and play as soon as it’s ready it provides an opportunity to promote the KS community. If they like it then they might be more open to downloading the KS mod to play current and future releases.

I have no firm opinions about this but would like to hear any suggestions from yourself or others in the KS forum.

remus

Last edited by remus on Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional content)

remus

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:34 pm

You need to use the stock game formations that are in the their unitglobal and drills csv files. You'll also need to use their artillery designations and rifles.csv or create your own using what they have as a template. The cavalry will have to use the stock unitattributes.csv for edged weapons. There are probably other differences, but those are the ones that readily come to mind.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  remus Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:18 am

Hi Uncle Billy

Thanks for that information. I guessed there was something wrong but not at the scale of what you stated. I will stay with keeping it in the KS environment and put a link to the download location. It works well there.

Remus

remus

Back to top Go down

Post  afcwfan Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:12 am

"The question is, why would you want to use the stock game as it is quite inferior to the KS mod?" -- I don't find the KS mod as user-friendly as the stock game but I love the different OOBs and maps. I'd love to be able to transfer it over to the stock game.

afcwfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:36 pm

"I don't find the KS mod as user-friendly as the stock game"

Interesting observation. Can you expand on that? We'd like the KS Mod to be more "user-friendly" than the stock game if its possible.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down