Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Finally a kriegsspiel on the PC? Gettysburg: Scourge of War review

+15
DavidC
CoB4thTEXAS
Garnier
DJ91
King_Rufus
henridecat
Tim Carne
Callum
James Sterrett
MJ1
Streetgang6
Pete Maidhof
Ike
hammurabi70
Martin
19 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Finally a kriegsspiel on the PC?  Gettysburg: Scourge of War review - Page 5 Empty Re: Finally a kriegsspiel on the PC? Gettysburg: Scourge of War review

Post  Ike Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:33 am

Right; I'll try for 2:00 pm my time that's 8:00 pm your time. Confuse an old man, why don't you?? Laughing
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Finally a kriegsspiel on the PC?  Gettysburg: Scourge of War review - Page 5 Empty Re: Finally a kriegsspiel on the PC? Gettysburg: Scourge of War review

Post  CoB4thTEXAS Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:26 am

I can set that time aside also, for any day of the week.

I remember there being a Hamachi ip address to set , but I still cant find it, could someone help point me to it?
CoB4thTEXAS
CoB4thTEXAS

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:38 am

Have just circulated details of the Hamachi network by email to the MP group.

Depending on how many we get for our first game, we need to think about who will host. Can anyone who is planning to join please do a connection speed test so we can swap 'vital statistics'.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Game didn't come to pass yesterday, but I intend being on the T/S server at 8 pm trhis evening GMT in case anyone would like a game.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:58 am

Unfortunately, today was a shopping day, but I shall be there tomorrow, right after my doctor appointment. I've updated the forums and all are welcome to visit and join if you have any interest in SOW:Gettysburg and campaigning using that excellent game program. bounce
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:38 am

We had our first 4-player game yesterday. CoB4thTexas kindly hosted without a hitch through Hamachi, and his inspirational leadership as General Pickett enabled us to defeat a part of the enemy forces in detail. We never did find where the rest of the rascals were.

Unfortunately the game froze after 50 minutes or so, so things came to a premature conclusion. Others have apparently experienced the same thing, and it may be linked to the sending of couriers. I was certainly sending several of these, and the others were too.

Norbsoft are determined to fix this issue, and have asked that anyone experiencing this should send them the log file for the game. So that's what we will now do. The more games we play and, if it comes to that, the more log files we send Norb, the quicker things will be fixed.

I cannot play tonight, but maybe could tomorrow (Thursday). But don't let that stop anyone else getting together at 8 pm GMT with Ike.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 am

One thing I tried with SOW which worked great.

1. I printed out copies of the map for my two commanders to use.
2. Gave them situation and objectives and OB.
3. Set up a Lan game between two of my PCs. NOTE: I control both PCs.
4. Had them write orders to their various units.
5. I converted their written orders to actual moves in the LAN game.
6. I reported updates as necessary. If one of the generals was near a certain spot I allowed him to view the scene on the PC (HITS).
7. New orders and situation updates provided as necessary.

It worked great, The Fog of War was in full evidence. The downside being that all his had to be done in realtime since I dont believe you can save multiplayer games in mid stride.

Los
Los
Los

http://freedoniawar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Very inventive!

It would be good if a single-player option was there to control both sides, then you could pause/save the game and take a more relaxed schedule over it.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:07 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:

t would be good if a single-player option was there to control both sides, then you could pause/save the game and take a more relaxed schedule over it.
In the debug section of the sowgb.ini file add AlphaOmega=1. You are god. You now can give orders to both sides.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Wow I will try this this weekend...Thank you.

Los
Los
Los

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:24 pm

Oooh, thanks Kevin. Very useful to know.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Los Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:49 am

Works pretty good, just make sure to TC the brigade commanders...
Los
Los

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5