Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Ntw3 player has SOW Waterloo now

4 posters

Go down

Ntw3 player has SOW Waterloo now Empty Ntw3 player has SOW Waterloo now

Post  Lancier Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:44 pm

Greetings. I am a Napoleonic Total War 3 (Lordz' NTW mod) player and just bought SOW: Waterloo. Had a look, controls not easy for me but hope will get used to them when play? I know Chromey from ntw3 and Grog from ntw2/3 days. Though did not have so much chance to play MP together i think? But i am sure we met on nbc TS 1-2 times for a Histwar game. My MP playing times are limited and mostly play thursdays and fridays after 20:30 GMT. I wonder if this is KS one of the playing times? I use Lordz TS for ntw3 battles so i am familiar with it but its not easy for me to understand everything as my english is not that good but glad to find this forum with Grog's suggestion. I am not good with Napoleonic history tbh but like the Era games which i played so far some napoleonic HPS/JTS titles and Histwar for some time and currently NTW3. See you gentlemen.

Lancier

Back to top Go down

Ntw3 player has SOW Waterloo now Empty Re: Ntw3 player has SOW Waterloo now

Post  Martin Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:10 pm

Welcome to the group, Lancier.

Don't worry about your lack of English. Several other members of the group are in your position, and I'm sure we'll all muddle through Wink

You are joining us at a good time, with the new SOW: Waterloo. No-one is experienced with this version yet, so we are all learning together.

We normally have games on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday evenings (UK time). Occasionally on Thursdays too. Normally start time is 20.00, but we try to be flexible if someone has a problem with that time.

See you on T/S soon.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jun 10, 2015 6:49 pm

Welcome!

I was never a member of the Lordz but I do browse their forums now and then (useful for Napoleonic uniform research etc!), but I do recognise your name and remember seeing posts from you.

As far as I recall we have British, American, Spanish, Italian, Swiss and Austrian players here.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:15 am

Welcome Lancier

I hope you enjoy the HITS games that we play here. They are very immersive and although we generally play games of 1 corps per side or less, you really get a feeling that you are in a much bigger battle. Getting the hang of commanding large formations can take a little practice but we usually recommend a brigade command at first, which also feels much bigger at first but can be just as enjoyable IMHO.

Just learning the ropes of the Waterloo game. Its looking like it needs some modification before we can play HITS the way we would like but there are many new cool features and it looks nicer that SOWGB. Hopefully it can be modded so that maps and sprites can be ported over from the SOWGB Nap mod.

Not sure if you found your SOWGB activation code? I expect you've seen this post already. Some good info, anyway:

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t759-set-up-for-sow-napoleon-games-for-kriegspiel-style

Very Happy

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Lancier Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Greetings. Thank you for your posts. Unfortunatelly i couldnt find my SOWGB activation code after that many years.
Now i check SOW waterloo sp and try getting used to the controls. So you only play HITS in Kriegsspiel ?

Lancier

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:13 pm

If you e-mail Norbsoft or post on their forums, they will be able to get your activation code to you.

Right now I would say the KS Nap mod for SoW:Gettysburg is better than SoW:Waterloo, but that only until we have a Waterloo mod up and running - that may be some weeks I'd say.

Yes, we only play HITS, with a view distance of 2 yards from your saddle which is in effect a first-person view.

We do though play many mods and different periods, it is that Napoleonic is our most frequently played mod.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down