Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Joint NVA Breifing

4 posters

Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty Joint NVA Breifing

Post  MJ1 Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:20 pm

General Tran Do you have at your disposal the following forces to assault the city:-
UnitStrengthCo QtyEquipment
804th Battalion 4th Regt Battalion 3
815th Battalion 5th Regt Battalion 3
818th Battalion 5th RegtBattalion 3
800th Battalion 6th Regt Battalion 3
802nd Battalion 6th Regt Battalion 3
6th Regt Hvy Weapons CoCompany 1
1st Sapper BattalionBattalion 3
2nd Sapper BattalionBattalion 3
12th Sapper BattalionBattalion 3
These forces must be used to attack the city and you have some latitude to decide which part of the city they will attack. The party has identified numerous targets that must be achieved and these troops have been training hard to achieve these goals.

You must quickly take the city and the people there will rise up and join you in defeating any counter attack that will inevitably be made by the ARVN and their allies. Once taken, the city must not fall back into the hands of the enemy and you must do everything in your power to defend the city from counter attack.

The following forces can be used either inside or outside the city to help secure it: -

UnitStrengthCo QtyEquipment
Hue City Front HQ
164th PAVN Artillery Regt
164th PAVN Artillery Regt
416th Battalion 5th Regt
5th Regt Hvy Weapons Co
806th Battalion 6th Regt
810th Battalion 4th Regt
Company
Arty
Arty
Battalion
Company
Battalion
Battalion

122mm Rockets
81mm Mortars

Your HQ (Hue City Front) must be located some where safe and near to or in the city. The 164th PAVN Artillery consists of one 122mm Rocket Battery and two 81mm Mortar Batteries. With this force you will need to ensure that a supply line is kept open to the city so that reinforcements and re-supply can be made. The enemy are weak within the city but there are strong forces in the area that need to be taken into account.

The enemy has firebases at Camp Evans and PK17 to the North of Hue and to the South the Americans have a strong base at Phu Bai. These will be attacked by local forces to help delay response to your thrust at the city. The city is lightly defended and the enemy spread thinly in the surrounding countryside. Be aware that as and when we can get reinforcements to you we will.

Poor weather is your friend and it is hoped that low cloud and rain will ground most of the bombers and helicopters that cause our forces so many problems.

Split your command with Colonel Tran Van Tra and allocate him tasks that you think are worthy of his ability. Bear in mind we have few radios and messages will mainly be carried by runners between units.

The map provided is divided into 1km squares and turns will be a 12hrs day or night turn. Your orders will need to specify if you want forces to dig in and the local population can help dig bunkers and trenches should you need them. Your troops have been shown how to fortify city areas and they will need time to undertake these fortifications so use your troops well.

The sappers have explosives for blowing up bridges and helping destroy the enemy, think carefully about how and where they are used. All your soldiers are resolved to wear their best uniforms on the day of the attack so that they are ready to march through the city streets to a chorus of cheering crowds once the city has fallen.

Supplies will be needed to launch attacks and you will need a supply token per Battalion per turn to assault a target. These supply tokens will be replenished depending on how successful you are at keeping your supply line open.

To begin with you have enough supply tokens to launch 2 attacks per Battalion (26 tokens). Each battalion has 3 companies. You will not use supply tokens just defending. Attack Combat strength will be reduced as casualties are taken but defensive strength will tend to be stronger despite losses.

The supplies can be stock piled and these locations will have to be shown on the map. It is expected that you will be able to gain a token or 2 per day as re-supply. Once supply has been issued to a battalion it can not be returned so you either have the battalions carry the supplies or they are stock piled. Supplies move at same rate as your men so consider carefully where you might want the supplies held.

Your initial forces can be deployed anywhere on the map except in the city and close to the enemy bases you must be at least 6km  (6 squares) away from the known enemy locations.

Your supply line is from the west the road between squares 25 and 26 any enemy forces astride this route will delay your resupply.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty question about setup...

Post  tungstenfish33 Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Mark,

The NVA briefing gives the restriction that our forces must be at least 6km (6 squares) away from the known enemy locations.

What are the known enemy locations?

I was assuming Hue does not count - since it's only lightly defended. I know Camp Evans, PK17, and Phu Bai are enemy locations. What about the ARVN 1st div training ground? Hue itself?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

tungstenfish33

Back to top Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty Re: Joint NVA Breifing

Post  MJ1 Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm

tungstenfish33 wrote:Mark,

The NVA briefing gives the restriction that our forces must be at least 6km (6 squares) away from the known enemy locations.  

What are the known enemy locations?

I was assuming Hue does not count - since it's only lightly defended.  I know Camp Evans, PK17, and Phu Bai are enemy locations.  What about the ARVN 1st div training ground?   Hue itself?

Thanks,
Jonathan.

You can mount a surprise attack on the ARVN 1st Div Training Ground.

The main firebases are to be avoided as the initial assault is to capture and secure the city and enable the down trodden works to rise up and join you, as they surely will.

So main force must be given targets and orders for what they want to do in Hue. You know the main enemy locations being the Airport, ARVN HQ and and MACV.

So I need to know where they want to go and what they are trying to achieve in first day of the attack, Also ideally some longer term goals... But as you might be based in city you can manage them a bit closer...

Will need to know where your HQ's will be based. FYI - Moving HQ's is time consuming and will introduce delays in getting info and sending orders.m

Hope this makes sense?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty Supply Dumps?

Post  MJ1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:02 pm

Hi are you having any supply dumps?

You really need to have some places where supplies can be stored and I will allow locations where you have been able to set up good hidden dumps.

Also do I assume that each Battalion is carrying two supplies each?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty Supplies for NVA Bns under Tran

Post  sean b Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:33 pm

Mark,

For forces under Col. Gen. Tran, each Bn will carry two supply points with them.

For the Bns in the north and along our supply route, we will establish a supply dump at the river crossing/town at 25-26, 60-61 (where we should have 1 co dug in), although we do not anticipate accumulating much there (because those Bns will likely not be conducting many attacks).

For the Bn in the south, if it's possible to get it any supplies, we would like to establish a hidden dump at its starting location in the mountains in the area 13-14, 80-81 (west of Phu Bai).

Sean

sean b

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:36 pm

OK understood. I will update my master map with those hidden dumps.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  tungstenfish33 Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:58 pm

MJ1 wrote:Hi are you having any supply dumps?

You really need to have some places where supplies can be stored and I will allow locations where you have been able to set up good hidden dumps.

Also do I assume that each Battalion is carrying two supplies each?
* Yes - each Bn carrying two supplies.

* The main supply dump for Hue defense is inside the Imperial Palace. This supply will permit our forces inside the city to counterattack when opportunity arises, and hopefully also permit us to hold out longer if (when) the supply line is cut.

* Outside Hue, lets have one dump in the hilly jungle in square 69.5, 20.5, just southwest of the supply road. One Co. from the West Support Bn should dig in there to protect it. I assume this dump would be used to resupply any fresh troops coming to Hue as reinforcements.

tungstenfish33

Back to top Go down

Joint NVA Breifing Empty Checking in

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:41 pm

OK I have access to this forum, but I have not found the path to my personal folder: ""Vietnam - Col Van Tien Dung" group". Could that please be spelled out for me.  Sad 

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:25 pm

Hi Tom,

I have sent you a link to exact address.

You should however see it listed above this forum with Photo?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:55 pm

The link you sent me works fine, however it does not show as a folder in the NVA folder.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:02 pm

Hmm odd...

I get to see three folders above this one for the 3 different players.. OK NP as long as you can find it...

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:08 pm

These are the folders I see:

Joint NVA Breifing
Turn 9 (8 FEB 68) Message to Col. Gen. Tran Van Tra
Jerry this is where you communicate with Sean
New Message to Gen Tran Van Do
Message to Gen. Tran Van Do
Messages TO Col. Tra
Reports From the Front

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:36 pm

Look beneath this message and you will see hot spot for NVA forum.

Click that and at top you should see picture of NVA leader and hotspot to go into your forum...

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down