Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Testing needed

4 posters

Go down

Testing needed Empty Testing needed

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:04 pm

I need to get the new Peninsular Mod out to a couple of people and run a small test game to catch any problems. Can anyone make a game at 19:30 UK time on Thursday?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Testing needed Empty Re: Testing needed

Post  Khryses Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:28 am

Mr. Digby wrote:I need to get the new Peninsular Mod out to a couple of people and run a small test game to catch any problems. Can anyone make a game at 19:30 UK time on Thursday?

I should be able to, yes.

What changes does it make?
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:53 am

It combines Reb Buglers toolbar into the main game because he used a drills.csv and also Kevins mod used a drills.csv and the two were conflicting. I picked the bits we need of Kevins work and tried to impact the least on Rebs work.

It adds in several new flags by Reb Bugler, mostly Spanish.

It adds in Zeke's Revolutionary War sprites so I can use these to make units of both sides look far more ragged.

I added a huge list of unit classes so we now have a full Spanish army, including generals, courier and ammo wagons. I had to use Austrians for their artillery - the uniform is actually very close but Spanish guns were grey, not yellow. Nothing we can do about that without a captive 3D artist. Likewise their infantry and cavalry is a mish-mash of other nations but it works fairly well.

I added more French infantry unit classes too, to represent their second line troops like Legions de Reserve, Garde National, etc.

I fixed some errors in the artillery ammo supply Gunship made (he knew they were in there).

I added 2 versions of the British Baker rifle with longer ranges which will be limited in use to their elite light troops.

I added a 'mixed weapons' class to rifles.csv which most of the Spanish volunteer units will be armed with initially. It has a 10yd shorter range than the standard musket.

I added a 'civilian weapons' class to rifles.csv which many miquelets and town garrisson/citizen units will carry. It has a 20yd shorter range than the standard musket and poorer reload times, misfire chance, etc.

Later on the Spanish get captured French muskets plus some British Brown Bess but that happens much later.

Because it incorporates Kevin's mod we have a large minimaps and a small minimaps version.

I think that's it.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:54 am

Sounds fascinating, both with all the new options it will offer and also hopefully eliminating the gfx issues some of us have been having with Rebbugler's Nap toolbar.

Very interested in giving it a shot and seeing how it works out!
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:34 pm

I'm available for a game Thursday at 19:30 UK time (that's 13:30 CDT; right?  confused)
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:23 pm

Digby wrote:
It combines Reb Buglers toolbar into the main game because he used a drills.csv and also Kevins mod used a drills.csv and the two were conflicting. I picked the bits we need of Kevins work and tried to impact the least on Rebs work.
I made quite a few changes to that file. It would have been better to use it and make the necessary changes to gui.csv.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:59 pm

If we're testing that in a few hours, is there anywhere I can download it from beforehand to make sure it sets up okay with my existing changes?

Just in case I wind up having to do a full reinstall or something similar.
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:53 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:Digby wrote:
I made quite a few changes to that file.  It would have been better to use it and make the necessary changes to gui.csv.
It was pretty much your file I have used.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:07 pm

I'm on the Kriegspiel Group's TS server. All ready to go. I think ...
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:10 pm

I need a couple of people to test this more. I think I have it naailed down now. Is anyone free tonight around 19:30 UK time? If so, please come onto TS.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:15 pm

No-one showed up last night. Anyone available tonight to do a check please?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 pm

I believe I am, Digby. I spent yesterday getting my A/C unit repaired. Seems the capacitor and motor in the condenser unit - outside the house - decided to burn out (a protest against the heat?) so I had to wait for a repairman to arrive, then he patiently diagnosed the problems and very professionally fixed them, without injury to himself, myself or my house. Wink Five hours later, the home was cooling off from an inside temperature of 89 degrees F down to 78 degrees! And my pocket book was $600 USD lighter, but it was money well spent. The A/C unit has been in operation for nearly 17 years with only one prior malfunction and a new unit would cost between $4,000 and $6,000 USD. Cheap at twice the price.

All that said, randomness permitting, I will be on the TS server about 1:00 pm awaiting the challenge! Smile
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:42 pm

Thank you Ike for coming online tonight. I discovered the silly errors I had made and we have got the mod working, at least in SP. I could use an MP test of it asap. Anyone up for a Peninsular Mod test tomorrow, usual time?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Bad news folks, the old style packed sprites DO NOT work with the new, more efficient packed sprites in multi-player.

Stefan and I spent about 90 minutes testing things tonight and we got the Peninsular Mod working fine in MP except that when we tried to use some of Zekes (old style packed) sprites, the game would CDT.

Its not the end of the world though, but I won't be able to make the French infantry look ragged at all, nor the Spanish inf as ragged as I'd wanted. I just have to adjust a few sprite sets in some of the infantry unit classes and we are now good to go.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down