Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Battle of New Market time - Take II

5 posters

Go down

Battle of New Market time - Take II Empty Battle of New Market time - Take II

Post  Father General Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:38 am

Second verse, same as the first.

We can't seem to agree on a time for this battle. I would like folks to toss out some dates and times over the next two weeks where they would like to see a battle.

We probably need, at a minimum, 5 on 5, I am guessing. Optimally, we'd like every unit to be manned with an amazing connection, but that's smoking something to think that's even possible, and the Father General despises smoking.

So please suggest some dates and times. I will aggregate these in a day or so and post a new doodle.

Importantly, we need our principals - meaning division commanders present.

Understand that some units will be AI controlled. We may modify the OOB to allow more brigades to be commanded by one human. We'll worry about that once we have agreed on a date and time.

Part of the problem is the number of units being brought to bear. No, not every unit is present, but there are enough that this is a major battle -- I'll say that. The reason for this is the map has only two avenues of approach. Had I selected a wider, more complex map, things might be moving along a little more easily. That's in the offing for a future campaign, assuming we iron out the kinks in this one.

There's no worries that we have some hiccups. This is a new and ambitious endeavor, with a large number of folks across a wide area. I expect trials and tribulations. I'm not discouraged and you shouldn't be either. The campaign is experiencing a growing pain, nothing more.

Please post some preferences, and I'll draw up the doodle soon. I'll accept the first 5v5 we can get with at least one designated commander on each side.

In an absolute emergency, I'll consider manning something to balance sides if needed, but that's only with agreement of both corps commanders. Personally, I'd say no to that, but at this point I'll do almost anything to keep this moving.

In the meantime, I'd like to thank a number of folks without whose help, we'd have no campaign.

Leffe and Kevin, corps commanders who have brought you all thus far.
"D" and Sven, your division commanders.
Baldwin for scenario creation, without him, no scenario at all!
Hays for the OOB editor, without whom, OOB creation would be a real pain.
Digby for strategic map creation.
Digby and others who have offered input and support.
MJ for forum support. (Gosh I hope that's right, please feel free to correct me)
and all of you for keeping the faith and participating.
Extra credit to those of you who have been role-playing it up. You make it all the more exciting!

-Neal

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Battle of New Market time - Take II Empty Re: Battle of New Market time - Take II

Post  M.Jonah Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:00 pm

Friday or Saturday 22:00hrs gmt any if there is a briefing time to be had and muster before the battle then muster time is 22:00hrs
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Battle of New Market time - Take II Empty Re: Battle of New Market time - Take II

Post  Blaugrana Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:24 pm

Thanks Neal, and amen to your thanks to all who have contributed thus far.

Doodle times. I would suggest a 4 pm, a 7 pm and 10 pm [all UK times] slot on Fri, Sat, Sun nights (and maybe one weekday).

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 pm

Blaugrana wrote:I would suggest a 4 pm, a 7 pm and 10 pm [all UK times] slot on Fri, Sat, Sun nights (and maybe one weekday).
Agreed. I think weekdays are out because some of us cannot play before some others have stopped for the night, thus only Fridays and Saturdays are good. I support Jeff's suggestion of a Doodle page with 16:00, 19:00 and 22:00 on those two days for the next three weekends. If by then we haven't got a date that most can make we will at least know that a battle cannot be played by a large group and we shoul dthen look at a smaller group with a massaged OOB and possibly some AI commands. I think we can have every brigade player-operated though if each player can command two brigades. This would mean making the master OOB up so that there are a series of small divisions. The problem with that is that the OB campaign tool cannot cope with changing the master OOB so... its a tricky issue.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Update: I will, with a 90% certainty, be able to play the coming friday. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:15 pm

MajorByrd wrote:Update: I will, with a 90% certainty, be able to play the coming friday. I'll know for sure tomorrow.
Don't tell us here, its impossible to collate the responses. Fill in the Doodle poll when its up.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down