Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Future HITS & Courier Scenario games

+2
Blaugrana
Leffe7
6 posters

Go down

Future HITS & Courier Scenario games Empty Future HITS & Courier Scenario games

Post  Leffe7 Tue May 22, 2012 9:40 am

Hi all

we have had some very exciting scenario games in the past weeks, and I'm willing to continue scheduling games and to produce new scenarios now and then. I think the scenarios are well replayable, since the players can vary the side and role and each CinC has a somewhat different strategy.

# of Players: The maximum of players was 12 players, but we ended the battle with 10 I think. With 12 players the game also was really slow going. I don't know how the GCM group can host games with 20+ players. I will aim to design scenarios for 8-10 players.

AI commands: In MP games it is not possible to script the behaviour of AI troops, so I design scenarios where all troops have a player in command at least at top level.

Dates: I prefer friday and saturday evenings UK time. Please tell if other times are needed.

Periodicity: I suggest scheduling games about each 2 weeks.

Language: If the briefings should be difficult to understand because of my English, a proofreader is welcome.

Feedback is appreciated.
KR
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Future HITS & Courier Scenario games Empty Re: Future HITS & Courier Scenario games

Post  Blaugrana Tue May 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi Stefan,

I've hugely enjoyed the scenario games I've taken part in and am very glad you're willing and able to continue scheduling and now and then producing new scenarios. Thanks again.

I started to respond to each of your points individually and then realised I agree with each point and have nothing really to add. Sorry ;-)
Leffe7 wrote:Language: If the briefings should be difficult to understand because of my English, a proofreader is welcome.
If you ever want a native speaker of English to check something, I'm very happy to help but your English is excellent and I have never had any comprehension problems.

Best regards,

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Future HITS & Courier Scenario games Empty Re: Future HITS & Courier Scenario games

Post  Uncle Billy Tue May 22, 2012 8:14 pm

I also wish to thank you for your efforts in creating these scenarios. I especially enjoy the asymmetry of the objectives. I agree that 8-10 players is the right number. Any more and we see a significant slowdown of the game. Given that the weather has now turned pleasant, you may wish to plan your games on a 3 week cycle. Here in the US people tend to take weekend trips more often this time of the year.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue May 22, 2012 11:03 pm

I would like to echo what others have said Stefan. Your scenarios add a very enjoyable dimension to our usual ad hoc sandbox games, and the effort you put into producing them is much appreciated by us all.

I have just one suggestion. That is to make occasional changes to the OOB, starting positions and/or objectives for those scenarios which are repeated. I think this would help to keep the scenarios fresh, and also keep players on their toes. The changes would not need to be major (although they perhhaps occasionally could be). Just the knowledge that not everything would necessarily be quite the same as last time, would help maintain the fog of war for those who have played the scenario before.

I agree with Uncle Billy that a 3 week cycle might be better during the summer. Just today my wife commented 'adversely' on the frequency of weekend games Sad

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm

Its looking very likely that the first battle generated by the Valley Campaign could happen soon. This would require 6 players, possibly 7.

The issue with the campaign is that battles could be created and require playing at short notice and again, Saturdays are the best day so that people both sides of the pond can play, although in those terms Sundays are equally satisfactory. If one of these clashes with one of Stefan's games we would need to agree which takes precedence.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Wed May 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I suggest you create a doodle link for the campaign battles as well. As I recall you have players from both sides of the atlantic and can propose several different time slots on a given day.
What is the usual length of campaign battles? Is it related to troop numbers or is there no limit and the players must end it manually?
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed May 23, 2012 7:32 pm

I am tempted to give no time or points limit and let one side concede.

This could be a problem if battles run to six hours!

I would set up doodle pages but there probably will not be time for that as I'd want to keep the momentum of the campaign running if I could, remember its different players fighting the battles to issuing orders on the map so the map commanders would be twiddling their thumbs for a couple of weeks if a battle was delayed.

There's also regular players among us who just don't bother filling the doodle pages in!

I will probably announce the pending battle in the camapign thread and see what happens.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Thu May 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Writing SoW scenarios;

How?

If someone can let me know (either here, or via PM) I'd be very interested in giving it a go.
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu May 31, 2012 5:46 pm

Khryses wrote:Writing SoW scenarios;

How?

If someone can let me know (either here, or via PM) I'd be very interested in giving it a go.
http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t259-creating-scenarios
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Thu May 31, 2012 6:33 pm

Thanks, I was sure there was a post I was missing.
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Thu May 31, 2012 10:59 pm

And this is about the technical part of creating SOW scenarios.
https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t265-mp-scenario-creation-tutorial
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down