Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

MP Scenario 2: Supply Lines

+7
Hays
WSH Baylor
Blaugrana
Martin
kg_sspoom
Mr. Digby
Leffe7
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MP Scenario 2: Supply Lines - Page 3 Empty Re: MP Scenario 2: Supply Lines

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 pm

Stefan, you should combine these AARs with the basic plan for each side and post them on NSDs forum.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:17 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Stefan, you should combine these AARs with the basic plan for each side and post them on NSDs forum.
Yes, this is a good idea. But I don't have much time to do this properly in the next days, since I'm preparing this weeks game and also the third part of the series Very Happy .
Maybe someone else is interested and could arrange this? I could assist if needed.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:54 pm

Brig. Gen. D.S. Stanley

Union Mills, Md

April 30th, 1862

SIR: I have the honor to submit the following official report of the operations of this brigade during the recent operations on April 28th. The command was located just north of Silver Run in the middle of the supply column. After fighting our way to the head, I ordered the brigade and artillery east to the Hollis farm. The artillery was not seen again until the end of the day. Lt. Sears claims his compass was malfunctioning and was unable to tell directions. Also, since it was just after noon, the sun's position was of no benefit.

Not far out of the village, we came upon a small force of militia. This force was quickly dispatched by the 1st Illinois. Only one casualty resulted from this skirmish, with the militia being completely destroyed. At this time, two regiments of rebel cavalry appeared. I formed my brigade on an opposing hill to block any attempt on their part to interfere with the wagon column.

The wagons and infantry past this point without incident. Although numbers favored an attack on the rebel force, I decided that given the substantial distance the column still had to travel, I would not risk large casualties and blown horses. Instead I was going to screen the rear of the column from these marauders. As the wagon column was turning onto the Harper Ferry Rd., two wagons took the wrong road and headed straight towards the enemy cavalry.

I urgently sent a message to Col. Mower stating the situation and hurried my command over to the errant wagons. By this time, the rebels had captured the wagons and were
reveling in their ill gotten booty. As my force approached, the enemy rode off quickly, after more of the wagons, which by this time had no infantry support. I recaptured all the wagons, some of them twice, and took charge of them and sent them to the granary.

At this time, I received your message stating that Col. Fuller's column was under attack and to proceed to his aid. I was unable to comply with this order as I had several enemy cavalry regiments in the area attempting to confiscate our wagons and the infantry was nowhere in sight. I was finally able to proceed to the general vicinity of Col. Fuller with the 3rd Illinois. He and is men were gone, but the wagons were there, guarded by two enemy cavalry regiments. At this point, my men and horses were exceedingly tired. Regardless, I decided to try to force the rebels away, hoping that a charge would throw fear into those troops and force them to withdraw. However, the enemy was spoiling for a fight and would not yield. The 3rd Illinois was compelled to abandon the field with one killed and 12 wounded.

Shortly after this time, I saw the lost artillery in the far distance making their way cross country towards Union Mills. I recommend that Lt. Sears be broken down into the ranks for gross incompetence. I find his explanation of a malfunctioning compass without merit. His battery would have been of invaluable use against that enemy force we first encountered.

I have since learned that the wagon commander was found drunk in a bordello in town while his command was left directionless. I am preferring charges against him for dereliction of duty.

Very respectfully, your obedient servant,

Lt. Col. Albert Jenks

Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:29 pm

An excellent report, Lt Col Jenk's.

Your recommended charges against Lt Sears and the wagon master are hereby endorsed.

I should point out that I breveted the erstwhile Captain Jenks Lt Colonel in the field, in recognition of his initiative during the recent engagement.

Brig. Gen. D.S. Stanley

[a few more posts like this and we'll have the beginnings of a victory!]

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:49 pm

Ah, yes, time to throw the blame around! You Yankees are good at doing that, at least.

Is it just my eyesight, or did I read that name as Lt Col Jerks? Wink

Massaging the casualty returns now, hm? Is that so the good colonel can continue drawing the dead mean's pay? This artistic rendition by Armstrong's official war artist clearly shows that "1 dead and 12 wounded" is a gross under-estimate!

MP Scenario 2: Supply Lines - Page 3 RunYankees!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue May 01, 2012 12:03 am

Is it just my eyesight, or did I read that name as Lt Col Jerks?
I am sure Gen. Rosecrans will have a proper response later this week. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3