Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Other PC games - Command Ops 2

4 posters

Go down

Other PC games - Command Ops 2 Empty Other PC games - Command Ops 2

Post  King_Rufus Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:32 am

Was prompted by the interesting contributions of Calpurnius, Didz, etc elsewhere on the forum to look at COMMAND OPS 2

Was previously unfamiliar with this one, but turns out to be a rather KS-like game, though with the possible exception of hidden movement. There is an interesting video HERE and the game can be sampled FREE on Steam.

The blurb has it that "Command Ops 2 is a wargame engine that lets you assess, plan, order and react at the operational level just like a real Corps, Division and Brigade commander. What sets Command Ops 2 apart from the competition is the most advanced and realistic model of command decision-making implemented to date in a commercial wargame. It is based on:

* Hi-fidelity modeling of continuous time and space;
* Realistic command structure and process;
* Macro management; and
* Orders delay.

For that, Command Ops 2 is different than any other simulation wargame: no hexes, no turns, no micro management, no click fests. That is why it is in a way simpler and more fun to play but at the same time more challenging, because it makes you command like Commanders do.

Command Ops sports some of the most advanced and impressive AI ever devised in an operational-level wargame. It is your choice whether to manage every detail of your army or have the friendly AI manage the war on a lower level while you plan the larger scale maneuvers designed to make short work of your enemy. Just as a historical commander, you can choose where you need to step in and when you need to stand back and let your subordinates do their jobs.

The enemy AI will use its skill to launch well-timed and coordinated strikes as it probes your lines for weakness while realistically reacting to your movements! In addition, for the enthusiastic mod community awaiting Command Ops, powerful tools like MapMaker and ScenMaker allow for the creation of maps and scenarios further adding to already near limitless replayability"
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Other PC games - Command Ops 2 Empty Re: Other PC games - Command Ops 2

Post  Tactical Wargamer Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Excellent system no doubt. I have many of the titles......
Tactical Wargamer
Tactical Wargamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Didz Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:39 pm

I'm confused....

I am a big fan of Frank Hunters ACW From Sumter to Appomatomattox
https://archive.org/details/win3_Ameri3x

I thought this was just a one off aging masterpiece, but now I'm seeing references to Frank Hunters other games.  However, try as I might I can't track them down or identify them.  I keep ending up on the Matrix Games site but it has no references to Frank Hunter or his games other than Sumter to Appomattox which is currently available as a free download.

So, where are all these other games and why isn't google finding them when i search for Video Games by Frank Hunter.
Didz
Didz

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Hi Didz

Absolutely agree re Sumter to Appomattox.  It's probably the single game I've played most over the years.  A fantastic piece of work, notwithstanding the occasional crash.

Cannot remember what the WW1 game was called, but it covered the entire war.  His latest (I think) is 'Piercing the Reich' on WW2 campaigns in Italy from Sicily to the Brenner Pass, which I've seen listed on Matrix.  Try searching for that title on their site.  But even PtR is several years old.  He's not what you would call prolific.....

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down