Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS

5 posters

Go down

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS Empty I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS

Post  Father General Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:02 pm

I'm very interested in getting involved in a PBEM KS game, if anyone wants to start something. It can be email-only, or connected to a game that I have. Email only might be best. I know there's a Vietnam game running, but has it stalled? Does it need another player?

I'm willing to try anything.

I can't want to see the Napoleonic upgrade from NSD.

I'm also looking forward to learning how to umpire an actual KS. What a fun way to spend a Sunday!

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS Empty Re: I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS

Post  Martin Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Hi Neil

It would be great if we could involve you in the ECW game, but we do have one technical difficulty.  We have no internet at the hall where we play.  This is something we have looked into in the past.

That said, things change.  I see no reason why we shouldn't ask the powers-that-be in Little Gaddesden whether they might consider installing broadband.  I've no idea what their reaction would be, but it may be that other users of the hall will increasingly want this facility.  Of course that would have cost implications for them (and thus potentially for us).

We do occasionally run email games, but they are few and far between, and there is normally strong player demand.  I don't believe the Vietnam game has stalled, but I don't know whether there are any slots available.  Why not send Mark (MJ1) a PM to see if he can fit you in?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS Empty Re: I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS

Post  MJ1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:42 pm

Sorry the Vietnam game is closed and is still running. I was away for an extended holiday and just trying to get it back up and moving.

These games take a huge amount of effort (as you know) and I only have bandwidth to do so much and keep my day job and other hobbies going.

I will no doubt run another game at some stage and will try to make it open invite.

I will also be at Historicon this year and running a WW2 Krieg based on German Invasion of England.

http://hmgs.site-ym.com/?page=HconHome

If you did manage to get over to Hcon I would be very happy to spend time showing how I do it and you could help umpire.

Cheers

MJ

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:55 pm

I'm confined to the Pacific coast. Some kind of thing about California being too awesome and not caring about the rest of the 49 states. LOL

I am going to a Con in Los Angeles in February. Hoping to possibly do some kind of KS there, if Calpirnus can attend.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Martin wrote:We have no internet at the hall where we play.
Assuming the town has electricity and cell service, you could use a cell phone as a wi fi hotspot and link to a computer. It would likely have enough bandwidth to run skype. Then General Georgia could peruse the silverware drawers of jolly ol' England. Those towns look fat.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
Martin wrote:We have no internet at the hall where we play.
Assuming the town has electricity and cell service, you could use a cell phone as a wi fi hotspot and link to a computer.  It would likely have enough bandwidth to run skype.  Then General Georgia could peruse the silverware drawers of jolly ol' England.  Those towns look fat.

Lol Cell service!!

Mobile coverage is very poor to non existent. High hills and trees and in country side all conspire against us.

But yes that was one route we looked at.

The school next door has Wifi and if we had skills to hack pwd we could use that. But we of course would not do that as the Chairman of the group would feel our collar and take us down his nick... So that is out.

Martin's approach to sweet talk the hall committee might work.

Also I can check for BT hotspots the next time I am there, now I have a Wifi device, but seemed to remember last time no hotspots...

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:49 pm

MJ1 wrote:Also I can check for BT hotspots the next time I am there, now I have a Wifi device, but seemed to remember last time no hotspots...
No library or coffee shop with free wifi?  Shocked  My vision of this town is one of buildings with thatched roofs, women wearing pointy, conical hats and someone in tights playing a lute.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:52 pm

Village / hamlet not town...

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:22 am

It sounds like you guys might need us to bring you some "Freedom." With freedom you get internet, wifi, cell service, and McDonald's!

Everybody loves them some freedom, it's our best export!  It's also the only way the National Security Agency can protect you from what we're going to do to you if you don't like our freedom.

We will deliver freedom as soon as we can obtain an executive order from President Obama to initiate the "change."

Freedom will be delivered to you via B-52, B-1, and B-2 (Stealth) delivery systems as well as the patented Tomahawk system. It will be enforced by the United States Army, and you will like it. You will also order, at least once a week, from McDonald's, Taco Bell, or the Dairy Queen. You will stop exercising and you will accept Justin Bieber as a gesture of thanks and goodwill for our sacrifice.

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS Biafra-democracy-we-deliver

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS 13776261061961_700

I'm interested in participating in a PBEM KS Murica!!!
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:46 am

Your message of peace, democracy & McDonalds will prove a rallying cry for the oppressed of Little Gaddesden.

Even now, the freedom-fighters are massing in the leafy glades, needing only the resources to match their zeal for American values. Kindly drop 10 million dollars by parachute into the small wood 800 yds SE of the village hall, and we will do the rest.

Giles Fanshaw-Davenport

Spokesman, Little Gaddesden Freedom Army

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 pm

Sure thing, Martin.

We just need to see if we can borrow the money from China and if Congress will raise our debt ceiling so we can afford this...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:11 am

Father General wrote:Sure thing, Martin.

We just need to see if we can borrow the money from China and if Congress will raise our debt ceiling so we can afford this...
Piece of cake, old boy.  

Better get a wiggle on though.  Not sure I can keep our insurrectionary forces together for much longer. There's a crumpet festival at Steeple Bumpleigh tomorrow, and they'll want the revolution done & dusted by then.

Chin chin

Giles

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:09 pm

Martin wrote:Hi Neil

It would be great if we could involve you in the ECW game, but we do have one technical difficulty.  We have no internet at the hall where we play.  This is something we have looked into in the past.

Martin (J)

It may be possible to get free broadband - see http://www.freedompop.com/ for example. I believe that purchasing the equipment is necessary as a one-off charge; apart from that I know nothing about the service.

Alternatively TalkTalk offer a fair service (if you don't need help, via the Phillipines) for £2.50/month.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down