Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Sat Jul 20, 2024 11:36 pm

» SOWWL Artillery batteries
by Uncle Billy Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Uncle Billy Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

» The New SOWWL Is Now Available On Steam
by Grog Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 pm

» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

Statistics
We have 1577 registered users
The newest registered user is errik100

Our users have posted a total of 30522 messages in 2300 subjects

I forgot my password

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from General LaHue

3 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Orders issued Feb 5 to Airmobile assests

Post  atn8396 Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Date: Feb 5
To: General LaHue

The following orders have been issued to my command:

Recon helos will continue to monitor Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City. Special attention will be given to area around Van Xa airfield and coordinates 26/69.

2/12 Cav will defend at Van Xa airfield. Supplies low. They will send their available transport helos to Camp Evans.

2/501 82 AB will resupply at Camp Evans and wait for transport helos to be available for movement. Target for their move not yet determined. Waiting for fresh intel from recon helos.

5/7 Cav will resupply at Camp Evans and move to PK17 to reinforce ARVN units there. Movement by foot.

I am transferring my HQ, 3/101 AB, to PK17 in order to better coordinate and share intel with ARVN forces there.

Anticipate an enemy counterattack today around Van Xa airfield.

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Feb 5 Report to LaHue

Post  atn8396 Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:00 pm

Date: Feb 5

The anticipated attack on the airfield at Van Xa by enemy forces has been repulsed with heavy enemy losses. ARVN forces have also moved into the area and routed remaining enemy forces there.

Recon helos report enemy sited around the river at 25.5/60.5. Request air strike on enemy forces there if possible.

I have successfully relocated my HQ is PK17 where I am co-located with the ARVN HQ. Joint communication is now possible and I expect better coordination of movements to occur.

5/7 Cav is available for duty, located at PK17. 2/501 82 AB is at Camp Evans but awaiting resupply to be completed. They will be airmobile soon. 2/12 Cav will remain at Van Xa airfield. Supplies low. IS there any possibility of air resupply to that location?

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty 5 Feb

Post  Mfastoso Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 pm

To: Cheatham

USMC Forces have broken through to the MACV Compound. NVA forces south of Hue City appear to have been destroyed. All bridges over the river have been destroyed. I am planning on defeating NVA occupying Hue City around the MACV Compound and finding a way over the river. I do not have a time frame on crossing the river. Going to try and find an engineer unit, boats or helicopters.

Will inquire about air resupply but doubtful.

atn8396 wrote:Date: Feb 5

The anticipated attack on the airfield at Van Xa by enemy forces has been repulsed with heavy enemy losses.  ARVN forces have also moved into the area and routed remaining enemy forces there.

Recon helos report enemy sited around the river at 25.5/60.5.  Request air strike on enemy forces there if possible.

I have successfully relocated my HQ is PK17 where I am co-located with the ARVN HQ.  Joint communication is now possible and I expect better coordination of movements to occur.

5/7 Cav is available for duty, located at PK17.  2/501 82 AB is at Camp Evans but awaiting resupply to be completed.  They will be airmobile soon.  2/12 Cav will remain at Van Xa airfield.  Supplies low.  IS there any possibility of air resupply to that location?

Cheatham

Mfastoso

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Airmobile assest orders for Feb 6

Post  atn8396 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Date: Feb 6

The following orders were issued for Feb 6th airmobile combat operations:
- 3rd Brigade helo unit:
1. PATROL Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City. Report areas where route is blocked, bridges destroyed, enemy forces found. Identify possible route from Hue City to PK17 for re-establishing supply chain.
2. PATROL area around coordinates 25.5/60.5 and report on enemy disposition and movements
- 2/12 CAV WATCH/DEFEND at Van Xa airfield.
- 5/7 Cav MOVE/ATTACK south along Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City, objective is coordinates 23.5/73.5 at NW corner of Hue City.
- 2/501 82 AB WATCH/DEFEND at Camp Evans until resupplied and helo assets available for transport. Report back when supply on hand and helos ready for deployment.
- 3/101 AB HQ WATCH/DEFEND at PK17

LTC Cheatham

Mfastoso wrote:To: Cheatham

USMC Forces have broken through to the MACV Compound. NVA forces south of Hue City appear to have been destroyed.  All bridges over the river have been destroyed.  I am planning on defeating NVA occupying Hue City around the MACV Compound and finding a way over the river.  I do not have a time frame on crossing the river.  Going to try and find an engineer unit, boats or helicopters.  

The anticipated attack on the airfield at Van Xa by enemy forces has been repulsed with heavy enemy losses.  ARVN forces have also moved into the area and routed remaining enemy forces there.

Recon helos report enemy sited around the river at 25.5/60.5.  Request air strike on enemy forces there if possible.

I have successfully relocated my HQ is PK17 where I am co-located with the ARVN HQ.  Joint communication is now possible and I expect better coordination of movements to occur.

5/7 Cav is available for duty, located at PK17.  2/501 82 AB is at Camp Evans but awaiting resupply to be completed.  They will be airmobile soon.  2/12 Cav will remain at Van Xa airfield.  Supplies low.  IS there any possibility of air resupply to that location?

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Turn 6 additional info

Post  Mfastoso Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:28 pm

To: LTC Cheatham

FYI - I am sending two companies and a Regt HQ to coordinates 72.5/18 to try and move across the ferry crossing. I am also working to secure a supply route to that location if need be. Assuming this force can cross the river at the ferry they will move along the river to the city and possibly link up with your forces. I have requested engineers to rebuild the bridge at 77/22 to open a main supply route to the city.

atn8396 wrote:Date: Feb 6

- 3rd Brigade helo unit:
1. PATROL Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City.  Report areas where route is blocked, bridges destroyed, enemy forces found.  Identify possible route from Hue City to PK17 for re-establishing supply chain.
2. PATROL area around coordinates 25.5/60.5 and report on enemy disposition and movements
- 2/12 CAV WATCH/DEFEND  at Van Xa airfield.
- 5/7 Cav MOVE/ATTACK south along Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City, objective is coordinates 23.5/73.5 at NW corner of Hue City.
- 2/501 82 AB WATCH/DEFEND at Camp Evans until resupplied and helo assets available for transport.  Report back when supply on hand and helos ready for deployment.

LTC Cheatham

USMC Forces have broken through to the MACV Compound. NVA forces south of Hue City appear to have been destroyed.  All bridges over the river have been destroyed.  I am planning on defeating NVA occupying Hue City around the MACV Compound and finding a way over the river.  I do not have a time frame on crossing the river.  Going to try and find an engineer unit, boats or helicopters.  

Cheatham

Mfastoso

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Communication Received

Post  atn8396 Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:34 pm

Understood your movements and objectives today. Once I have intel on situation at NW corner of Hue will report back. Will also re-establish supply route north to PK17 and then Camp Evans when possible.

Cheatham

Mfastoso wrote:To: LTC Cheatham

FYI - I am sending two companies and a Regt HQ to coordinates 72.5/18 to try and move across the ferry crossing.  I am also working to secure a supply route to that location if need be.  Assuming this force can cross the river at the ferry they will move along the river to the city and possibly link up with your forces.  I have requested engineers to rebuild the bridge at 77/22 to open a main supply route to the city.

atn8396 wrote:Date: Feb 6

- 3rd Brigade helo unit:
1. PATROL Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City.  Report areas where route is blocked, bridges destroyed, enemy forces found.  Identify possible route from Hue City to PK17 for re-establishing supply chain.
- 2/12 CAV WATCH/DEFEND  at Van Xa airfield.
- 2/501 82 AB WATCH/DEFEND at Camp Evans until resupplied and helo assets available for transport.  Report back when supply on hand and helos ready for deployment.

LTC Cheatham

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Feb 6 (Turn 7) Report

Post  atn8396 Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:59 pm

Recon reports that Hwy 1 is clear from PK 17 to Hue City. 5th Battalion/7 Cav is proceeding to make contact with friendly forces in the northern part of Hue City. 5/7 Cav has made contact with ARVN forces dug in along Hwy 1 at 69/26. Recon found no enemy forces around 25.5/60.5.

Plan is to push forward and occupy the northern half of Hue City, waiting for link up with your forces.

Cheatham

The following orders have been issued to my command:

Recon helos will continue to monitor Hwy 1 from PK17 to Hue City.  Special attention will be given to area around Van Xa airfield and coordinates 26/69.

2/12 Cav will defend at Van Xa airfield.  Supplies low.  They will send their available transport helos to Camp Evans.

2/501 82 AB will resupply at Camp Evans and wait for transport helos to be available for movement.  Target for their move not yet determined.  Waiting for fresh intel from recon helos.

5/7 Cav will resupply at Camp Evans and move to PK17 to reinforce ARVN units there.  Movement by foot.

I am transferring my HQ, 3/101 AB, to PK17 in order to better coordinate and share intel with ARVN forces there.

Anticipate an enemy counterattack today around Van Xa airfield.

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Turn 9 USMC Orders

Post  Mfastoso Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:15 pm

To: Lt Col Cheatham

I am gaining the upperhand in the fight around the MACV Compound. I hope to have crushed all resistance in 2 more days.

Two Infantry Companies and a Regimental HQ have crossed the river via ferry and secured the 1st Division Training area. They are going to push on and try to enter the southwest corner of the old city.

Mfastoso

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Feb 8 Report

Post  atn8396 Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:37 pm

Date: Feb 9
RE: Feb 8 EOD Report

General:

The 5/7 Cav report that the enemy has fallen back behind the walls of the city in the north. They are preparing to assault the walls with orders to capture the airfield. Progress has been slow as the enemy is making a determined defense. Helo recon reports heavy flak around the airfield. We also note the large caliber arty falling to the south of us which we assume is from your units. I will enlist support from our allies in our assault on the city. Supplies are low and request resupply at the earliest moment.

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Turn 11 USMC Orders

Post  Mfastoso Thu May 22, 2014 3:50 pm

To: Cheatham

I have eliminated NVA at the Racetrack east of the MACV Compound. Pushing to destroy NVA in Hue west of MACV. Two USMC Companies now hold the 1st Division Training ground. A new battalion has arrived. I am pushing them over the river to the 1st Division Training ground. Boats will be available in a few days.

La Hue

Mfastoso

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Message received

Post  atn8396 Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:05 pm

To: LaHue

Message received. Continuing my attack in the north. Will report progress.

LTC Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Feb 10th (Turn 11) Report

Post  atn8396 Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Date: Feb 12

General LaHue,

I must report an unsuccessful attack on the northern gates into Hue. Two separate attacks where made with support from local ARVN forces. These attacks were made on the Cura An Hoa and Cura Hou gates. They were repulsed with heavy losses. The problem is a lack of artillery support, tank support and that the gates are well defended.

If possible can you provide any artillery support, tank support or air support in conjunction with another attempt to take one of these gates?

In addition I can report that my recon assets have seen the enemy exiting the city from the west gate of Cura Hiru.

I will wait until I have additional support before I make another attempt to attack the city from the north.

Cheatham

atn8396

Back to top Go down

Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from  General LaHue - Page 2 Empty Re: Radio Comms From LtC Cheatham to and from General LaHue

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2