Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Game Mechanics & How it will work

Go down

Game Mechanics & How it will work Empty Game Mechanics & How it will work

Post  MJ1 Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:40 pm

OK for those that have not played a Kreig before here goes...

You need to give orders for your units on the map as if you were the General in charge. So unless you are physically with the units will need to express your intent as to what you want the forces to achieve, in as much or little detail as you like.

I will then move those forces  on my master map until something happens. At that point if you are with the forces you might get a chance to choose what to do or I will interpret your orders for your forces as best I can. Any doubt I will maybe make a dice roll to decide what the commander in the field does.

Once I have new information for you I will update your personal thread with Radio messages back from your units, with information which might not be as accurate as you would like. After all we are trying to simulate a higher level of command approach.

So to facilitate this I will need a single thread in your forum for your orders. You might want to sub divide the threads by task force or area of operation if that makes it easier for you.

You will need a thread for Radio messages to the other players, and a thread per incoming message stream (i.e. each player). So for the Americans / ARVN there will be 1 outgoing and incoming thread for the lower level commanders but for the senior commander there will be 3 out and in as they have lines open to ARVN and US Vice Versa. Also there will be a line up to senior command which will be played by me.

For the NVA / PAVN it will be 1 out and 1 in. but the Senior commander will have 2 out and in as they have the senior command to worry about as well.

I need to know who commands what as that is the way the Chain of Command will work and I will record this on my central XLS and you need to show it on your central shared forum between commanders. You can switch units as you wish but once switched messages from that unit go to that commander.

I hope that makes sense?

The only bit that I might need to do off forum is maps. We might need a dropbox per player for me to show information on maps.

The main map has grid co-ordinates so we will use them.

The City Map is gridded and if you look closely has numbers in red from 21 -25 on the rows and columns of 73 - 78 so we should be good with those.

When I ran this in person I had the counters on the map and I might have to see how that is going to work on my computer, need to see how that will work...

Lets get started and if I have the NVA / PAVN orders we can start and I will maybe adjust methods along the way. I might get table set up in house just for City map. We shall see....

Any questions?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Game Mechanics & How it will work Empty Re: Game Mechanics & How it will work

Post  MJ1 Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:08 pm

I perhaps have not made the supply rules clear. So here is a bit more info.

To Attack you need supply and 1 token will allow a Battalion to Attack.

You do not use any tokens to defend.

An American Battalion can carry three supply tokens with them.

An NVA Battalion can carry two.

You can capture supply tokens.

You can stock pile supplies and you will need to say where.

You will get re-supply as long as the right routes are open.

Attached Companies draw supply from the Battalion they are attached to.

Arty units are in effect Battalions and will need supply tokens.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:00 pm

Radio Messages seem to not have made sense, so will try and clarify here.

Please always date and if possible time your orders by Game turn / Date.

1. Messages between the same forces can be posted in your joint forum so both players can see and I can see what has been transmitted between players.

2. Messages to another command structure need to be hidden within your Private Forum and I then cut and paste it to the right person.

This is to try and replicate the issues around giving and receiving orders and what you let other people now as Sit Reps...

Hope this makes sense?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:16 pm

For those who are the CiC of their nationality remember you can always escalate up so if you want something you can request it from HQ and that response will be from your friendly GM who will adopt that role and respond appropriately...

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:25 pm

There seems to have been some confusion as to when I expect orders back from the players and I will try and explain how I think it should work.

Basically I am splitting the turns into a Day and Night move as one turn.

So Orders should be for a minimum of a Turn but you can give longer orders for bigger periods if you wish. I.e. Unit X stay and defend Y for X Days...

So I will try and do a thread for a report back on what happened during that turn...

That is then the indication that I now need the orders for the following day should you have any new orders to give. I might not always say I am expecting orders, but as soon as you see me type up results of the previous day I am thence waiting to move onto the next day and to resolve that I need feedback from all the players on what they plan to do...

As I was a tad busy this last week with some other issues I did not remind players and sorry about that. I have finally had some time today to try and calculate all the outcomes and only now have I realised that there has been some confusion...

Hope this makes sense.

So we are currently waiting for Orders for Turn 4 the 3rd of Feb....

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:33 pm

And further to my post about orders your staff teams are actually planning the orders and issuing during the night / previous day. This takes some getting your head around but in effect your staff teams are busy getting the orders to all the right units during the night for the following Day / Night....

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:17 pm

Good question raised about HQ's not in Radio Chain and how to get them to work together.

So Say ARVN and US forces wanted to work better with one another...

Get them to move the HQ staffs and Senior Officers into same location and join together to form a task force.

If that happens I set up a new forum for those two commanders and open face to face comms begin...

This will only last as long as HQ's co located...

Hope that makes sense?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down