Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July

+2
Uncle Billy
WJPalmer
6 posters

Go down

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Empty Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July

Post  WJPalmer Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:43 pm

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Britis10

Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: “Stand at the Sanok”
Saturday July 27/GCM TeamSpeak HITS Channel http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/home/teamspeak

In Europe: 18:30 GMT; 19:30 British Summer Time; 20:30 Central European Summer Time
In the US: 2:30 pm EDT; 1:30 pm CDT; 12:30 pm MDT; 11:30 am PDT

Begin signing up now for side and command preferences at: http://doodle.com/2bq3q7rcv2vmat8w#table

In the aftermath of the disaster at Waterloo, Napoleon has but one intact division remaining with which to slow down the Iron Duke’s vigorous pursuit. The Emperor has ordered these hardened veterans to stop the Anglo-Allies cold -– to buy him time to organize the additional resistance necessary to save Paris. Bonaparte has chosen to position these troops in the vicinity of the Sanok River.

Additional detail with battle particulars, mod requirements, and links to mod downloads will be posted soon. Note: a required mod (KSNapoleonMod) will see an update this week.

For now, players are encouraged to sign-up on Doodle. This will get us off to a fast start with CinC designations and early side assignments.

Sides -- French (commanded by Bonaparte) or Anglo-Allies (led by the Duke of Wellington) -- and specific commands will be determined from preferences expressed in the Doodle sign up and as players show up. This will take a few minutes, so please be patient. Most standard KS and HITS/GCM game practices will be in place (e.g., Army CinC’s, 10 minute Council of War at launch; foliage always turned-on, no restrictions on TC’ing subordinate leaders, etc.)

Make plans to be there – and be sure to register your side and command preferences early on Doodle!

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Waterl10

A full-resolution map of the battlefield may be downloaded at:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mqsykj7ia19c5d/Waterloo%20HITS%20Event%20%20Map%202013-07-27.pdf

See you there!
-Ron (Palmer)
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Empty Re: Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Excellent! Another opportunity to send Soldier on to glory. Twisted Evil 
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Empty Re: Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July

Post  kg little mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:17 pm

It will be harder now that you've slowed your infantry-square assaults' speed to 1mph.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:11 pm

Actually I was hoping Ron would put us on the same side and the possibility of you doing glorious battle against twice your numbers while my men are lounging about eating bonbons was more of what I had in mind.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:Actually I was hoping Ron would put us on the same side and the possibility of you doing glorious battle against twice your numbers while my men are lounging about eating bonbons was more of what I had in mind.

Yes. . . you can always count on little mac being in the thick of it, no matter how poorly led he is.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:29 pm

I shall be there.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:06 pm

kg little mac wrote:Yes. . . you can always count on little mac being in the thick of it...

Hopefully, more so than the revered namesake (at least in the view of this 1864 Courier & Ives cartoon): Wink 

Special Waterloo III HITS/GCM Event: Saturday 27 July Mcclel10
Caption: "The Gunboat Candidate at the Battle of Malvern Hill"
Text Bubble: "Fight on my brave Soldiers and push the enemy to the
wall, from this spanker boom your beloved General looks
down upon you
."
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:35 pm

If Soldier ends the fight with more than 10% of his original force, you know he was slacking. I always try to afford him the opportunity to give the last full measure. Though I must confess, Mitra arranges that far better than me. Very Happy 
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:19 pm

Indeed. On Saturday Mitra was just scary. The words "butter", "hot knife" and "through" come to mind.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:15 pm

I have updated the KS Napoleon Mod to version 1.610.  Some of the changes are:
1. Wooden fences have no effect on movement, fatigue or have any defensive value.
2. Formations were all rewritten.  You should see much smoother deployment and less of the Chinese fire drill, where soldiers march from one end of the line to the other.
3. Skirmish formations are more potent.  They have ~15% greater firepower than a line formation and they move significantly faster than men in column.  This was done to encourage players to use what was a very important feature of napoleonic battlefields.  Your light, legere, jager and grenzer units should be able to form skirmish lines.
4. If using the stock toolbar, all the formations selected from the combat page will maintain their formation while marching.  They will not change to column, move and then change to their final formation.

The download link is here:
Large Maps: http://www.norbsoftware.com/Downloads/Mods/LargeKSNapoleonMod1610.zip
Small Maps: http://www.norbsoftware.com/Downloads/Mods/SmallKSNapoleonMod1610.zip

Last edited by Uncle Billy on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:36 pm

And do we need to delete the Logistics file as before? I ask because, once again, I'm rebuilding by SOW:Gettysburg - Napoleonic Wars programs etc after yet another re-format of the HDD and re-installation of the OS, this time remembering to install all of the required updates to the OS. And yes, I did it just for the practice and fun of it, for those inquiring minds. Wink  Oh, yes, and also because I'm approaching senility at about warp factor 8 and cannot recall how these all fit together. confused 
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:54 pm

Kevin, with the stock toolbar there's no square formatoin button is there? Its my biggest reason not to use it. How do you form square?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:48 pm

But of course there is.  It's on the combat page, (soldier firing his rifle). I form squares using the button. I only use the courier system if it is a unit that is not under my direct control and is about to be overrun. Then I send it a courier order. Sometimes it gets there in time and I hear Martin J. cussing under his breathe as his cavalry, unable to halt, destroys itself. Very satisfying. Very Happy 

Ike, yes when you install the Road To Wagram & Peninsula Mod, delete the \Logistics folder from it.  The KS Napoleon Mod has all the logistics files in it.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:40 pm

Thank you, sir.
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:00 am

Preliminary sides (from sign-up preferences entered to date)

Anglo-Allies:
CinC = Uncle Billy/MTG
kg Soldier
Digby
Hays (cavalry)

French:
CinC = Khrysis
Palmer
Mitra (cavalry)

Later arriving players will be slotted where necessary to achieve balance in numbers and experience.
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:04 am

I will miss this one but I'm very interested in the results by using the new settings Wink 
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down