Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results

5 posters

Go down

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results Empty "Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results

Post  WJPalmer Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:31 pm

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results Hg_gam19

The Union defeated the Rebel rearguard at Wildcat Mountain in a bitter struggle, expelling them from Kentucky. The casualty toll:

Confederates: 6,401
Union: 6,479
Total combatants: 26,930

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results Hg10_p13

Battle Report, Replay and Starting positions: http://www.sowmp.com/gcm/battles/battle/15366

We had 15 players and 1 observer for the Wildcat Mountain battle. Players included 2 CinC’s; 12 Infantry Brigade commander and 1 General of Artillery (Confederate).

P.S.S. Anyone wishing to arrange & host a battle using the HG settings can do so by following these steps http://forum.kriegsspiel.org.uk/t656-gettysburg-game-thursday-28th-february#5758
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results Empty Re: "Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results

Post  kg little mac Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:26 pm

Very tough fight.

I was completely surprised when the Secesh called it. My division was done for -- one regiment left. But I guess I kept the rebel right busy enough so that Kevin, once again, got all the glory on the other end of the line.

kg "Kevin's Fodder"

Evil or Very Mad
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

"Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results Empty Re: "Wildcat Mountain" HG 10 Battle Results

Post  mitra Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Well your assault has been very succesfull (I counted 2-3 enemy regiment taken prisoners + 1 from te AI division) and you blocked many enemy forces and guns, so you deserve the glory (at memoriam in the case of your division Smile ). Remember the immortal words of Kevin's message: "I'm blocked by a tenacious enemy, Suchet and Soldier have their occasion for attack", you should write them over the flags of your regiments Smile

Seeing the replay I still don't understand what those two confederate regiments were doing moving alones in the woods at west.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:50 pm

mitra wrote: Remember the immortal words of Kevin's message: "I'm blocked by a tenacious enemy, Suchet and Soldier have their occasion for attack", you should write them over the flags of your regiments Smile

On the flags of my regiments I will have the immortal words of Suchet's captured dispatch written -- once they are translated from Italian.
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:06 pm

Mitra wrote:
Remember the immortal words of Kevin's message: "I'm blocked by a tenacious enemy, Suchet and Soldier have their occasion for attack", you should write them over the flags of your regiments

In my defense, I was only following orders. I had no idea of the situation on the left. My plan as brevet corps commander was to fix the center, the farthest to the left that I could see with Suchet's division, and pressure the enemy left so they would transfer troops there. I had expected that if the rebs were intent on holding the line they had established, they would have to thin the right of their line. That would allow Mark an easy fight and the honor of parading his troops to the objectives. Unfortunately, I did not know of the gun line the rebs set up. Looking at the replay, it was a thing of beauty. Niall, being a tenacious defender, made the parade all the more unlikely. So I had no choice but to use Kester and Scott's forces to effect the breakthroughs. They handled their troops extremely well and beset the rebs with problems that had no solutions.

I have to be honest though, even if I had known of the situation on the left, I probably wouldn't have done anything differently. Sacrifices had to be made. Very Happy Although I would have recommended to the CinC that Mark's attack not be pushed with such vigor, instead of asking Mitra why Mark was was taking so long to push aside the small force he must be facing. Oops. Embarassed
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:38 pm

Sacrifices had to be made

We will call him, KgSacrifice Smile

Jokes a part it was the guns which created the big loss to Soldier division and that of AI, so it was a good they remained fixed at North, the plan worked pretty well in this sense and as action in general. Unluckily Suchet AI brigade has not very good troops so he cannot press as he could. I'm curious to know if the confderate see the movement to west of MTG and Suchet division, I supposed they saw Keller move to east because it was more at South that the other but I'm not sure about the other forces.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  LEGIO_Suchet Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:09 am

Nice and tough battle.

I was very surprise to found two rebel regiments so deeply in the north.

In any case I left this issue to MTG and I drove my attention to the objective.

I arrived in my position a little in advance, so i ordered the attack only when I saw the Little Mac's division strongly committed to my left.

Unfortunately I had a brigade of militia, so i could not push as hard as I should have. Saintday, my brigadier general, was a bit slow on my rights flank. I had to write several time to push him to attack the rebels in depth.

In his honor, at the end, he did it very diligently so that the sacrifice was not in vain for Mac. Cool

Our right wing did a good job also. In truth I think that the confederate line was too long and thin to hold the shock.

Anyhow honor their courage. sunny

Bravo Mitra, nice plan. Very Happy

Alberto aka Suchet

LEGIO_Suchet
LEGIO_Suchet

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:10 pm

I thought only one of Hays' brigades was to my front, right. To my surprise, Robinson also had a brigade in the woods. The attack was my idea and Mitra gave me the go ahead. Luckily, I had experienced troops, so we were able to weather the tough fighting for quite a while.
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:27 pm

Aha! Mitra was to blame for your march into glory. As I recall, he was in command in the previous battle also. I see a pattern emerging. He really has turned you into kgSacrifice. I'm liking Mitra as CinC more and more. Twisted Evil
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:55 pm

Tenacious enemy in Kevin mind:

The real tenacious enemy:

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:41 pm

Hmm, the rebs may take exception to being labelled sheep. Now if they would dance and sing before fighting... Razz
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:46 pm

Not having any idea what's happening on the other end of the line is one of the coolest and sometimes most frustrating aspects of big HITS battles.

I was wearing the little mac moniker while Kevin on the other end of the line was seeing imaginary rebels!

The irony.

Henceforth, I will be known as WTS and Kevin will be Little Mac. cheers
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Hmm, the rebs may take exception to being labelled sheep.

Yes, be assured all headlines and quotations from boastful Yankee papers are made immediately available to our reknowned and fearless leader, General Blackstreet. When last addressing the subject of Wildcat Mountain, Gen. B became excited and was overheard making a number of emphatic references to "Manassas" and "comeuppance." Others close to the general are convinced of the absolute, even biblical, invincibility of our cause as our inspired commander, who's never been east of Williamsburg or north of the Potomac, has lately taken to speaking in tongues -- especially Italian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSWMlpnMQ-E
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I was wearing the little mac moniker while Kevin on the other end of the line was seeing imaginary rebels!
I'll have you know, sir, that my command was confronted by a hoard of at least 25,000. I was outnumbered 2 to 1.
In fact I find myself in a new and strange position here—Presdt, Cabinet, Genl Scott & all deferring to me—by some strange operation of magic I seem to have become the power of the land. ... I almost think that were I to win some small success now I could become Dictator or anything else that might please me—but nothing of that kind would please me—therefore I won't be Dictator. Admirable self-denial!
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  WJPalmer Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

May I suggest more appropriate historical comparisons for you two: Ambrose Burnside and Benjamin Butler? Razz
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:24 pm

WJPalmer wrote:May I suggest more appropriate historical comparisons for you two: Ambrose Burnside and Benjamin Butler? Razz

I'm thinking more to Laurel & Hardy Smile

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Oxford Student: "Pardon me but haven't you come to the wrong college ?"
Ollie: "Well, this is Oxford isn't it ?"
Oxford Student: "Yes but you're dressed for Eton."
Stan: "Well, that's swell, we haven't eaten since breakfast."
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down