Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri Sep 13, 2024 5:59 pm

» Toggle vegetation = true not working
by popeadrian Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:43 pm

» 1862 Kriegsspiel manual by Von Tschiscwitz
by modron Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:23 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by popeadrian Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:39 pm

» Guide to map making?
by popeadrian Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:44 am

» SOWWL Artillery batteries
by Uncle Billy Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Uncle Billy Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

» The New SOWWL Is Now Available On Steam
by Grog Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 pm

» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

Statistics
We have 1594 registered users
The newest registered user is TalonLestrange

Our users have posted a total of 30533 messages in 2303 subjects

I forgot my password

New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands!

2 posters

Go down

New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands! Empty New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands!

Post  WJPalmer Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Garnier has made it possible to structure our HITS/GCM games so that players bring only guns or infantry. This adjustment is made during the game creation/launch process.

During the War both armies experimented with their artillery organization structures at different points. In HITS/GCM 5 we will assume corps/army-based artillery pools are being implemented for one -- or both -- armies.

Here's how I'd like to try this in the upcoming HITS/GCM Game 5:
-Players sign-up ahead of time (go to Doodle link below) indicating if they'd prefer (or be willing to accept) an artillery-only or infantry-only command;
-If just 1 player signs up for artillery-only command in Doodle, his division will consist of batteries with all the guns of the corps (and no infantry) and his side will be deemed to have adopted army/corps-level artillery organization;
-An army with army/corps-level artillery will have its entire complement of guns concentrated in one player-controlled division. All other players on that side will lead infantry only;
-If an army's artillery remains organized at division-level (i.e., has no artillery division command), guns will be distributed among the various divisions (in accordance with any "infantry-only" preferences expressed by players in Doodle)
-If 2 or more players sign up for artillery-only on Doodle, both armies will be deemed to have army/corps-level artillery organizations for the game. Armies will, however, be limited to a single artillery-only division each;
-Artillery Division commanders may freely TC their batteries and guns as they wish;
-Both sides will bring roughly the same numbers of men and guns regardless of organization.

Be sure to revisit Doodle and express your preferences!
http://doodle.com/2bq3q7rcv2vmat8wk3sg582k/admin#table

Last edited by WJPalmer on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands! Empty Re: New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands!

Post  mitra Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Nice implementation; I think the artillery reserve should remain under army general\corp commander command also without human player command if the other players in the army agree. The best should be to have a divisional artillery and army artillery subdivision.

mitra

Back to top Go down

New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands! Empty Re: New in HITS/GCM 5: Artillery-Only and Infantry-Only Commands!

Post  WJPalmer Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:53 pm

mitra wrote:Nice implementation; I think the artillery reserve should remain under army general\corp commander command also without human player command if the other players in the army agree. The best should be to have a divisional artillery and army artillery subdivision.

There will be any number of ways to slice & dice the distribution of guns. My suggested set up is an attempt to keep things fairly simple in our first try, and was in keeping with the idea that limiting direct command responsibilities of especially the CinC is a good thing. However, if an army commander would prefer a different distribution, I'll try to accommodate -- though it may take some time for the host to make the additional adjustments necessary to reflect all players' individual preferences Smile
WJPalmer
WJPalmer

http://rwberg53.wix.com/adventure-images

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:24 pm

If I have well understood Garnier explication, the new routine calculates the guns assignment on the basis of global army dimension and distributes them with a proportional criterium on the basis of division settings: so if, at example, taking a case where the players are many, we have a army with two corps each with three divisions (+ 1 AI division leaved by the corps commander) if the human division commander set 2 guns each and the corps commander set 6 guns for his division, if the GCM calculate a total of 60 guns for army: the guns will be assigned as follows:

30 for corps = 5 for human division * 3 + 15 in AI corps division.

This would permit to simulate not only a army artillery reserve but also corps artillery reverse, leaving a little of artillery to the divisions. It is sufficient test the best rapports for artillery assignment; of course this is valid also for army leader, which can set a division with zero infantry and a numbers of guns under personal control as army reserve. A very nice routine, it permits to manage the guns in a flexible way. Now it is missing only the possibility of cavalry and we have all.

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum