Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Campaign Update 1/16

+4
FlashmanKBE
Blaugrana
Uncle Billy
Father General
8 posters

Go down

Campaign Update 1/16 Empty Campaign Update 1/16

Post  Father General Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 am

Well, this will probably be one of the last campaign updates for the Western Campaign: Thunder in the Shenandoah. The final battle will take place this weekend at 2200 GMT. Following that battle, the second chapter of the campaign will soon start under the leadership of the very capable Mr. Digby.

CAVEAT - I would like to remind everyone to be as prepared as possible for this battle, especially from a configuration standpoint. Make sure your GCM stuff is OFF, and your KS mods are ON. I believe it's Couriers and Maps and nothing else. Kevin will correct me if I am wrong (please).

It is VERY IMPORTANT that we are able to start on time. We have people in the UK and Europe who are burning midnight oil just to support the successful conclusion of the campaign. Others of us, like me on the Pacific coast, are making personal sacrifices to be present. I do not believe I have shared this with the group, but my wife is having a baby, probably next week. She has been ordered (by courier -- it was admittedly a weird moment for her) to refuse her flank against the baby until the Yankees are slaughtered. Needless to say, it's kinda a rough time for me to check into the world of SOW for a few hours. But I'll manage. :-)

The point is, we are all making some sacrifices to pull this off and to have what should otherwise be a fantastic time. Let's not mess things up by having the wrong mods enabled or some other silliness. We need to launch the one right way the first time. It is an added challenge that this will possibly be the largest HITS and Couriers battle in KS to date.

SIDE BALANCE - I have tried to balance the sides, but there are some limitations. Naturally, our Italian comrades are out because of the hour and that's two good men down. The Union side has 8 humans, the Confederates 6 or 7, depending on if Baldwin can participate. Baldwin has been very busy of late, and it is hoped he can play. He is also constructing the scenario as per my convoluted instructions, so frankly, I'll be impressed if he pulls it off.

Ultimately, it is what it is, especially on the Confederate side, there will be a couple mini-division commanders. On the flip side, it should be easier to manage all those badly decimated regiments. You should see Father General's brigade. Each bullet hole in the banner of the 1st Mississippi is a true badge of honor. Makes me want to cry...

I advise the Confederate side to gangpress at least 1 more soul to ensure balance.

BRIEFINGS - Side commanders have their briefings. At this time, sides are now locked and briefings may be shared with subordinates at the discretion of the commanders. Please be advised, there won't be a lot of time to go over briefings on Saturday, or more bluntly, 2200 is game time, no briefing time. As soon as we have everyone assembled, I'd just as soon like to see us start for the benefit of those playing SOW by moonlight.

QUESTIONS - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good luck!

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Campaign Update 1/16 Empty Re: Campaign Update 1/16

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:28 am

All that will be required for the game is Courier & Maps and of course, the Pipe Creek expansion.

I do not believe I have shared this with the group, but my wife is having a baby, probably next week.
Congratulations!! Just think, in 18 short years you'll be a free man again, able to go back to doing the things you like. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:42 am

Congratulations!! Just think, in 18 short years you'll be a free man again, able to go back to doing the things you like. Very Happy

Nah, it's a boy. I'm sure I can teach him to shoot blue-coats sooner than that! Very Happy
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:50 am

Father General wrote: my wife is having a baby, probably next week.

Congratulations! Best wishes to you and your wife. I look forward to a photo of the bouncing boy. Kids being what they are, he'll probably be a rebel and become a Union man. Smile

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:58 pm

Kids being what they are, he'll probably be a rebel and become a Union man.
And develop a fine eye for silverware. Wink
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  FlashmanKBE Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Father General wrote: my wife is having a baby, probably next week.

Congratulations Neal, that is wonderful news. Knowing this information, it is highly likely that he will arrive when least expected. Bear that in mind sir!!! Smile
FlashmanKBE
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:27 am

I have already made account for his teenage rebellion.

I am decorating his room with posters of Abe Lincoln and General Georgia. Also, I will force him to use the finest silverware, properly laid and well polished by hand for eating. I have a full set for that purpose as well as a large tea service and serving platters. They'll need polishing every Saturday during his friends' playtime to the sounds of Rally 'Round the Flag and The Battle Hymn of the Republic.

By the age of 12 or 13, I expect he'll have a secret penchant for the Rebel flag. When he's about 25 or so and graduates from VMI, I'll share the truth with him. :-)

Your children, General Georgia, shall know much of the Father General from my boy!

Wink
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:58 am

"Also, I will force him to use the finest silverware, properly laid and well polished by hand for eating. I have a full set for that purpose as well as a large tea service and serving platters"- Father General

Whatever you do, don't let Uncle Billy know your home address or you might get a midnight raid on your dining room, whilst you are distracted changing deipers Very Happy

Good luck and good health to your Family.

Prepare yourself for a BIG CHANGE, fella. Wink
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Ike Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Congratulations on the upcoming addition to your family! cheers Joking aside, it is a lifetime committment and one you will gladly take up and will cherish in your 'golden years'. Cool
Ike
Ike

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:07 pm

Thank you all for the well wishes. Smile

I'm excited. If nothing else, he'll be a new player on the Confederate side in about 10 years. Then we'll whip those Yankees once and for all and win the internet for the South!

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:30 pm

I'm excited. If nothing else, he'll be a new player on the Confederate side in about 10 years. Then we'll whip those Yankees once and for all and win the internet for the South!
Gen Georgia and his merry band of freebooters respectfully disagree. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Gents... my most sincere apologies but a phone call has just demanded that I have to go out on family business this evening and not very pleasant business at that. I see I am slated to only command the cavalry so I hope my absence won't be too great a loss. Once again, my apologies to all. If I could avoid this appointment I would, but I can't.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:05 pm

Felicitazioni Neal Smile

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:26 pm

mitra wrote:Felicitazioni Neal Smile

Thank you, Mitra! Very Happy
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  FlashmanKBE Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:22 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Gents... my most sincere apologies but a phone call has just demanded that I have to go out on family business this evening and not very pleasant business at that. I see I am slated to only command the cavalry so I hope my absence won't be too great a loss. Once again, my apologies to all. If I could avoid this appointment I would, but I can't.

I'm very sorry to hear that Diggers! Your absence certainly will be a great loss! I hope the business is not too nasty Sad
FlashmanKBE
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down