Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

2013 dates for UK face-to-face games

+5
King_Rufus
Mr. Digby
gunboat diplomat
DavidC
Martin
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2013 dates for UK face-to-face games - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 dates for UK face-to-face games

Post  Khryses Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:57 pm

MJ1 wrote:
If you end up in Warwick / Coventry / Stratford upon Avon area there is a good games club and you would be very welcome as we do an occasional Kreig amongst all the other gaming...

Cheers, I'll let you know - or even if not, hopefully I can commute a time or three. Any particular night of the week you tend to club more?

Martin wrote:Yes, my eldest son Phil and one of his friends ran it several months ago, and it was great fun. Much more light-hearted than our usual offering, as you might expect. I'll get him to post something.

Thanks Martin, I'd love to hear how The Zombie Menace (which from movies and so on is usually a small band of haphazard survivors fleeing) has been kriegsspielled so successfully. How did it end up last time?

Justin
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

2013 dates for UK face-to-face games - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013 dates for UK face-to-face games

Post  Phil Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:21 am

Hi Justin,

Thanks for showing an interest in the Zombie game Very Happy I've just posted a new thread for the latest iteration, which I'll be running on the 24th March. I've included a fair bit of discussion on how we ran the previous game too, for those who missed it.

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t647-march-24th-zombie-redux#5585

For anyone interested in signing up to the March game, here's the Doodle link. Don't be a stranger!

http://doodle.com/nkwzkukdhwxretmx

Finally, for reference, here is the link to the discussion thread of the previous game. There's a bit of postmortem in there, which, alongside my intro, should give you an idea as to the kind of madness which went on last time!

https://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t341-uk-september-2012-k-spiel

Phil

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Confirming are all these at the Little Gaddesden village hall?

Just doing some travel planning Cool
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:47 pm

Yes, all at the village hall. We do occasionally hold games elsewhere, but this is very much our usual venue.
It's large, modern, light and warm, with a separate kitchen & umpire room. Pretty much perfect.

Will you be driving or coming by train? If the former I can email you a map. If the latter I could maybe pick you up from Harpenden Stn, depending on how many others I need to bring on the day Very Happy

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:01 pm

Martin wrote:Yes, all at the village hall. We do occasionally hold games elsewhere, but this is very much our usual venue.
It's large, modern, light and warm, with a separate kitchen & umpire room. Pretty much perfect.

Will you be driving or coming by train? If the former I can email you a map. If the latter I could maybe pick you up from Harpenden Stn, depending on how many others I need to bring on the day Very Happy

Martin (J)

Training most likely. If my wife decides to join us I'll definitely take you up on that; if not and it's sunny (ish) I may even walk from the station. Looks like it's only an hour or so...

Thanks very much!
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:40 pm

An hour......umm. I think we'd better find you a lift.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:03 am

"In the UK they think 100 km is a long way. In Australia they think 100 years is a long time."

-Unknown

I wouldn't say no if it's available, but unless I'm bringing more than I expect to it's doable if you get caught up.

Thanks again,

Justin
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:05 am

Khryses wrote:"In the UK they think 100 km is a long way. In Australia they think 100 years is a long time."

-Unknown

I wouldn't say no if it's available, but unless I'm bringing more than I expect to it's doable if you get caught up.

Thanks again,

Justin

Martin lives close to the venue but depending on where you are training from there might be a better pick up point. I travel down the A5 via Milton Keynes so depending on where you end up there might be other options?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I/we would be coming up from London - so unsure which train we'd be taking yet, only that there's a few stations nearby.

Transport Direct suggests the best station to travel to would be Berkhamsted Railway Station, changing at Willesden Junction and Wembley Central?

If there's a more convenient one for pickups, it should be doable. The trip planner even suggests that another 17 minutes by (two) bus(es) should get us to Little Gaddesden, so that's an option too.

Regarding 'us', I know Phil would like a firmer idea on numbers as soon as possible, so I'll see if I can push for a yea or nay.

Cheers,

Justin
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:05 pm

Khryses wrote:I/we would be coming up from London - so unsure which train we'd be taking yet, only that there's a few stations nearby.

Transport Direct suggests the best station to travel to would be Berkhamsted Railway Station, changing at Willesden Junction and Wembley Central?

If there's a more convenient one for pickups, it should be doable. The trip planner even suggests that another 17 minutes by (two) bus(es) should get us to Little Gaddesden, so that's an option too.

Regarding 'us', I know Phil would like a firmer idea on numbers as soon as possible, so I'll see if I can push for a yea or nay.

Cheers,

Justin

OK London rules me out.

Not sure if we have any London players coming that day?

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:31 pm

[quote="MJ1"]
Khryses wrote:
OK London rules me out.

Not sure if we have any London players coming that day?

I think Paul is intending to, so he is a possibility.

Subject to space, I could pick-up from Harpenden, which is on the Thameslink Line. It runs right through London an a roughly N-S axis, so you could pick it up at London Bridge, Blackfriars, City Thameslink, Farringdon and St Pancras.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  King_Rufus Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:52 pm

I will be coming past Berkhamsted station that day, so a 10.30am pickup would be no problem, although it has to be said that, if you have the time, the walk from there to Little Gaddesden over Ashridge is actually very pleasant, through beautiful beech woods, past a stately home and with a decent chance of spotting some red deer on the way. Be sure to take a map though, the woods are very extensive!

I must go to Luton afterwards, but could drop at the station there (on the same line as Harpenden) very easily.

Suggest you private message me on this forum with your email address, to facilitate communication. PM Martin with the address as well, since I do not come here very often.

Last edited by King_Rufus on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : afterthought)
King_Rufus
King_Rufus

http://www.kriegsspiel.homestead.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Khryses Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:37 pm

I do think the walk looks lovely, and when I mentioned deer to Lady K she seemed game 'as long as it's not raining'.

I'll PM you both my email, and if the day looks soggy would love to take you up on a 10:30 pickup at Berkamsted. If it's sunny, we'll enjoy the lovely walk, with umbrellas safely in hand Wink
Khryses
Khryses

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2