Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Campaign update 11/5

5 posters

Go down

Campaign update 11/5 Empty Campaign update 11/5

Post  Father General Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:13 pm

Hello all!

What a great battle on Saturday! Simply fantastic.

The campaign will resume tonight, or sometime tomorrow at the latest. I have a set of orders in queue, which I will process very soon. I am making another upgrade to my computer tonight, so this could happen as late as tomorrow.

With regard to game time, I may have to add a later option. Little does anyone know, I had to take off work early to make Friday's game. (Dedication, Sir!)

We'll be moving along shortly.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Campaign update 11/5 Empty Re: Campaign update 11/5

Post  FlashmanKBE Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:54 pm

I had a great time too - thanks to all involved in the planning and the playing. I look forward to more monster HITs games in the future - we've shown that it can be done now! There's no excuse!

Shame Martin dropped at the beginning, although I don't think the result would have changed...

I hope to write an AAR soon - is it ok to make this public for all to enjoy? I doubt it contains anything of value to the opposing team, apart from the occasional humourous anecdote?
FlashmanKBE
FlashmanKBE

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:26 pm

I greatly encourage fan fiction, but yes, be mindful of what you say. Don't put your corps commander in a spot.

Remember, the Union Boys have no idea that I'm sending Lee with 60,000 troops to Harper's Ferry.

Oh, did I just say that? Nevermind...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:53 pm

FlashmanKBE wrote:Shame Martin dropped at the beginning, although I don't think the result would have changed...
But, but......surely they always say of me that my mere presence on the battlefield is worth 20,000 men? Opinion is divided as to which side however.

The frustration of dropping, has finally prompted me to order some powerline adaptors, so I should effectively have a wired connection next time we play. My ISP delivers 60 meg to the wireless router, so if the PAs work as well as promised in terms of stability, I should be able to host some future games.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:41 pm

Martin,

I'm not sure about 20,000 men fella (well, not in Corps v Corps anyways) but I sure appreciated your guidance during early part of the game.

I was just about to follow the AI Div commanders orders to advance north up the Hagerstown Turnpike! when I got your orders to retreat through the town. It was only afterwards that I twigged that we didn't have a human div commander except yourself as 'senior Brigadier'.

Good to meet you in the field, and Baldwin who was a great help to me on Seminary Ridge but must have got frustrated with my fumbling at times.

Well played all and thanks for the awesome experience.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 am

AT THIS TIME

I have processed all couriers in my box including those from several weeks ago immediately prior to contact.

We will begin the July 28 turn next.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:25 am

Grog wrote:Martin,

I'm not sure about 20,000 men fella (well, not in Corps v Corps anyways) but I sure appreciated your guidance during early part of the game.

I was just about to follow the AI Div commanders orders to advance north up the Hagerstown Turnpike! when I got your orders to retreat through the town. It was only afterwards that I twigged that we didn't have a human div commander except yourself as 'senior Brigadier'.

Good to meet you in the field, and Baldwin who was a great help to me on Seminary Ridge but must have got frustrated with my fumbling at times.

Well played all and thanks for the awesome experience.

Mike
It was a delight to fight alongside yourself & Baldwin (however briefly), and I look forward to many future happy retreats together............err but don't tell the Father General.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:44 pm

Martin wrote:But, but......surely they always say of me that my mere presence on the battlefield makes 20,000 men run away?
Fixed that for you. Wink

Neal - can you pls send me the strengths and experience levels of my regts asap as my next order depends on those numbers. Thanks.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:
Martin wrote:But, but......surely they always say of me that my mere presence on the battlefield makes 20,000 men run away?
Fixed that for you. Wink

Neal - can you pls send me the strengths and experience levels of my regts asap as my next order depends on those numbers. Thanks.
Sir, this is an outrage! I would demand satisfaction, but I see General Georgia has made off with my dueling pistols.

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down