Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded

+5
rschilla
Charmead
Grog
Martin
Uncle Billy
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded Empty KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:43 am

A new version of the KS Napoleon Mod, (version 1.35) has been uploaded.  Also, a new version of the KS Supplemental maps, (version 1.25) has been uploaded.

The major change is cavalry can no longer be forced to charge the enemy in woods, heavy woods or rough terrain.  The cavalry will automatically retreat when it gets to within 40 yd. of an enemy unit.  Because of this change, infantry will no longer automatically form square in those terrains.

A new10 mile map, Borodino has been created.  Also, the number of troops that can be placed into the fortresses has been reduced.  The defensive strength of these have also been significantly reduced.  Now it should take 10-15 minutes to reduce a fortress and drive out the defenders.  The exception is the Waterloo map.  These retain their original impegnability.

The download links can be found in the first post of this thread: KS SOWWL Napoleon Mod
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded

Post  Martin Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:34 am

Many thanks for your continued efforts to improve Waterloo and keep it fresh, Uncle Billy.

The cavalry in woods fix has been long wished for, and I'm looking forward to seeing the Borodino map.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded Empty Re: KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded

Post  Grog Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:49 pm

Thanks Kevin 😊
Martin, Also, wondered if you might be interested in the alternative way we are playing most of our games recently. We are playing 1:2 sprite ratio and each player takes one arm only. Usually humans have 1 or 2 divisions v AI. Feels different, more co-operation and impressively big formations.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:04 pm

Thanks Mike.  Always good to see experimentation.  I like the idea of more cooperative games.  

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:54 pm

Martin - I also like this style not only because of the visuals but also due to the higher need yet different style of coordination

For example as artillery commander I was looking for inputs from the division commander as to where the support was needed. I could pay more attention to nuances such as splitting batteries, leapfrogging, which in turn had me pay closer attention to where my supports were and where I needed them.

So not only do you have the increased coordination but by vitrue of having an artillery commander that particular arm is a bit more involved in the battle and can be used more effectively in a concentrated way

Very very fun. Fast becoming my preferred mode of play
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:50 pm

Hello, gents.

I've been off doing other things....but your Borodino map got my attention. The files downloaded fine and were copied to the directories - even the revised Scenario Generator - but when I tried to start the game I got this...

Game Launched
11:45:39 Version:SOWWL
11:45:45 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\GB_lsl files
11:45:45 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KSSpritesMod 107
11:45:45 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps124
11:45:45 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 135
11:45:45 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps125
11:45:45 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
11:45:45 SowWL Loaded
11:45:45 11:45:45
11:46:18 *** KS SowAiInf.dll Version: 1.34.25
11:46:18 Failed to bind SOWWL APIs! Image with checksum 003EC6A8 not supported. App exiting.

Never saw this before and I thought I had made every mistake it was possible to make! Any ideas? The scenario generator worked fine.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:21 pm

It appears you do not have the proper version of SOWWL installed.  Did you install and patch the game to v1.03 without first patching with v1.02?  In other words, did you go from 1.01 to 1.03 directly?

You also need to deselect Supplemental Maps 1.24.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:43 pm

I don't think so.... I still have the download files for v2 and v3 in my downloads file. Should probably clean some of that stuff out but I played a couple of rounds of a game a couple of weeks ago with no problem.

I did deselect the maps 1.24 mod but I just got this:

Game Launched
15:31:47 Version:SOWWL
15:31:53 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\GB_lsl files
15:31:53 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KSSpritesMod 107
15:31:53 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KS Napoleon Mod II 135
15:31:53 Mod: C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MATRIX GAMES\SCOURGE OF WAR WATERLOO COLLECTORS EDITION\Mods\KS SOW Supplemental Maps125
15:31:53 Ansi:16, TexH:16384, TexW:16384
15:31:53 SowWL Loaded
15:31:53 15:31:53
15:32:41 *** KS SowAiInf.dll Version: 1.34.25
15:32:41 Failed to bind SOWWL APIs! Image with checksum 003EC6A8 not supported. App exiting.

I had a problem with 7 zip so I used a different unzip application. I'm going to deselect 1.35 and try to load 1.34 and see what happens. Now I'm getting curious....because the scenario generator worked perfectly.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:57 pm

Yeah - 1.34 and Maps 124 loaded and ran just fine.

I'm going to delete all of the 1.35 and Maps 1.25 files and re-extract them. 7 zip seems really slow these days but I can run it in the background.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Under the hood the difference between 1.34 and 1.35 is huge. That won't help you. Neither will the Scenario Generator which is completely unrelated to the AI dll. The problem is that the AI dll does not recognize your version of SOWWL.exe. The usual reason for this is that it was not patched properly. What I would do is reinstall the original 1.00, then patch it to 1.01, then 1.02 and then 1.03.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded Empty Error hosting multiplayer

Post  Ozymandias Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 pm

Hello, wonder if anyone else gets this error trying to host or join multiplayer direct through IP:

"ERROR: Memory allocation error. Please lower your map & uniform settings."

I tried dropping settings down the the bottom for map and units but keep getting that error as games I create load, while watching the nice paintings but without ever getting to the game map itself. Just thought it might be something someone else has run across, I've messed around trying to get mine to work for hours without results before posting. Note that single player runs fine. All with the latest version of the mods Smile

Thanks for any help/advice ! And for the mod to begin with, I cannot really bring myself to play unmodded version (though that does work in multiplayer, when I turn off the mods... I just don't want to play with the mod anymore Wink

Ozymandias

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:40 pm

I've had that issue and I wish I could remember what it was about. The one thing I am certain of is that it has utterly nothing to do with uniform or map settings.

The one thing I have never been able to operate correctly on this board is the search feature so even though I am certain that I have raised the issue before I can't find the post - or even the thread - where it was addressed.

I would say it is in one of the major threads because I generally only post in a couple of them.

Maybe one of the brass who knows how to manipulate the search feature can find it for you?

rschilla

Ozymandias likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:58 am

Okay. I went back through my posts looking for it and found these from almost 3 years ago.

Okay. I lied. I really could not understand why Excel spreadsheets were not working when they had worked before. Since the amount of work and study you fellows put into KS is truly mind-boggling I figure that you deserve to hear any feedback that turns up.

I consulted the log file and noted that it crashed as soon as it hit the KS Script command. I don't know why it triggered a memory problem but that seems to be a false lead. I began to wonder why there were no commas in the csv spreadsheets? For the hell of it, I added commas behind all of the entries in Excel and it crashed. However, when I checked the log I saw that it had accepted the KS Script line WITH the commas and then crashed on the next line. So I went back and took the rest of them out and it worked.

I also solved the military time problem by changing the start time to 10 AM thereby getting rid of the leading 0.

Computers are weird.

by rschilla
on Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:55 pm

Search in: Scourge of War
Topic: SOW Scenario Generator
Replies: 258
Views: 10377

SOW Scenario Generator
Oh, yeah.... I know about that. It's just an excuse to send my division commanders out for a ride to spot the enemy.

I did try making up the script with Excel and got the same result. Not sure what the problem is but it doesn't matter now that I know how to use Notepad. And you're right. Have to watch the commas!

by rschilla
on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:57 am

SOW Scenario Generator
Success!

When I used the Notepad version it saved it as a .txt file instead of a .csv. The log file told me that it could not read the battlescript.csv file for some reason. The reason turned out to be that said file was not present. I changed the extension and it worked perfectly.

I'm still going to experiment with the real Excel program but MP is working.

by rschilla
on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:30 am

SOW Scenario Generator
So here's what happened.

Changing to military time did nothing. However, I did realize that I am not using Excel, per se, but rather an open source version of it which has always worked for me in the past. My wife has Excel on her computer. I may try writing that short script on her computer and just transferring the file. Excel, even my open source version, has always saved it as a .csv file.

Before that, though, I tried writing the script in Notepad as per the example given in the guide. That worked. The game loaded although I'm not so sure that it was executing the commands. I'll restart it and send out some scouts to see what the Russians are doing.

Getting closer.

by rschilla
on Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:41 am

SOW Scenario Generator
I'll give it a shot.

The script is written in Excel. The sample did not show commas in the Excel version.

I'll let you know.

by rschilla
on Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:25 am

SOW Scenario Generator
And while I was waiting to hear back I made a Single Player version of the same scenario and it loaded just fine. Then I went back in and put the map and uniforms options back to the top where they were and loaded it again.

It still loaded and ran fine.

Obviously, I have screwed something up with the script in MP but I'll be damned if I can see it.

by rschilla
on Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:04 pm

SOW Scenario Generator
Perfect - that got me through the map issue.

Now I'm getting something I never saw before:

It's telling me to "lower" my map and uniform settings because of a memory problem!

It looks like this in the log:

16:36:43 Load your muskets...
16:36:43 16:36:43
16:36:43 Loading NetServ
16:36:43 Loading Map (Nap_Aus_PCL3_RM)
08:00:00 Loading Graphics
08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_Obj_Major
08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_Obj_UMajor
08:00:00 ----------------loading: GFX_Obj_CMajor
08:00:00 Loading Drills
08:00:00 Loading Experience Levels
08:00:00 KS ReadBattlescripts: Commanders imported
08:00:00 KS ReadBattlescripts: Importing KS battlescript orders.
08:00:00 ERROR: Memory allocation error. Please lower your map & uniform settings.

It has something to do with the battlescript not reading the military time correctly. Part of the problem concerned attempting to start the script too early. Trying to have an early morning attack, before 10 AM would cause the crash. I solved it for a long time by starting my games at 10:00:00 hours but then someone said to try dropping the lead zero on military time so instead of writing 06:00:00 write 6:00:00 and that has worked ever since.

Scripting can be finicky but you can play with it if you know where to look.

rschilla

Ozymandias likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Ozymandias Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:40 am

Thanks rschilla for the quick reply! Your clues saved me from looking further into memory or graphics issues, and got me looking for times starting with 0 in my troubleshooting. I did get the multiplayer to load or not load in different cases, as follows: (note that all of this refers to multiplayer games only,

1) Anytime I host a sandbox came without hosting any scenario first, I get the memory allocation error. I did try changing battle start time from 0 to 1000 and to 1500 both without success (same error).

2) Anytime I host a scenario that shows a "Length of Play" starting with 03:00 (or starting with 0 anything) I get the error. KSAustrianScenario1 is like this.

3) When I host a scenario that shows a "Length of Play" starting with a number other than 0 (such as 3.0, as shows for KSAustrianScenario42) the multiplayer game loads without the memory allocation error! Yay this works, at least for a few scenarios that do not show a 0300 or such "Length of Play"

4) Interestingly, *after* I successfully host a scenario with "Length of Play" not starting with 0, (such as KSAustrianScenario42), if I "quit the field" and then host any new scenario without quitting to desktop first (including those starting with 0300 or such "Length of Play" starting in 0, or a sandbox game), the game will load without the error! But if I "resign" to desktop and start a new multiplayer game -without first again starting a scenario with "Length of Play" not starting in zero, I get the "Memory allocation" error all over again.

So in short, for now, if I want to play a sandbox game or a scenario with a "length of play" starting with 0, I can use a workaround by starting a scenario with "length of play" not starting with zero first, quit the field, then start the scenario or sandbox game I want and it seems to work without the error. I have not actually done this with any other players in multiplayer yet since who I would play with isn't around right now, but I'll test that to make sure we can run a game this way, for now at least.

**note regarding single player - testing further, I found that if I start a single player scenario with a length of play starting in 0, I get the memory allocation error also! But this does not happen in single player when I start sandbox games (unlike in multiplayer). Also, if I start any scenario with a length of play starting with anything but 0 first, then I can quit that and start any single player scenarios fine.

One other note, I do not know if these issues existed in previous versions of the mod, I have been testing lately with access only to the latest versions (KS Napoleon Mod II 135, KS SOW Supplemental Maps125, & KSSpritesMod 107).

Thanks for the help and any further ideas! Smile

Ozymandias

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:36 pm

Just one idea, really.

If you go back into the SOW Scenario Generator thread and scroll back to the March 16, 2019 entry you will get to see the assisting posts from Uncle Billy and others who answered instead of just my questions. That may give you a few tips.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:05 pm

Using the Sandbox feature in SP or MP will likely not work correctly. The KS mod uses an extra column at the end of the scenario file. That is likely the problem you are encountering. It also uses completely different values for edged weapons. That will result in strange behavior by the cavalry. Upload your SOWWL.log file. it may give some information about the problem. It is in your C:Documents\SOWWL folder.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:51 pm

I found the problem with regards to some of the KS scenarios giving that error message. They were the oldest scenarios that were created with a different program. The maplocation file had a blank 2nd line which the mod did not handle correctly. I made the necessary changes to the old scenarios and have uploaded the corrected versions. Just copy them into the Scenario folder of the KS Napoleon Mod. They will replace the existing ones. Repaired Scenarios
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  AP514 Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:44 pm

Been thinking of getting back into SOWW.....that NEW Borodino Map just might do it.

I just wish the CONGA-LINE would/could get fixed.

P.S. out of the loop for a long time what mods and maps do I need to load ? (links or point me in the correct direction)

AP514

AP514

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Dec 21, 2021 3:53 pm

Welcome back. The links are in the 1st post of this thread. KS Napoleon Mod Download
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:32 pm

Took a little work but I finally managed to get the Borodino map working on V1.34. Whoever created that map is a genius. Several tips of the hat and a glass of fine wine lifted in tribute. It may be enough to drag me back from Rome Total War Remastered modding for a while or, at least when I need to imagine the smell of gunpowder in the air.

I decided not to mess with 1.35. I don't know what is wrong. It tells me I have the most current version installed and I am not willing to risk losing what I have to try a complete reinstall especially since I don't have V1 stored anywhere. I do have the V2 and 3 updates but they are of little use and looking at that map I think I can content myself for years designing scenarios on it with various armies.

Nicely done.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Dec 25, 2021 10:38 pm

The base game must already be patched to version 1.01. So you just need to patch it to versions 1.02 and 1.03.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Sun Dec 26, 2021 4:43 am

I now have Maps 1.25 working with version 1.34 on a scenario that I created on Scen Gen. 1.67 and the Borodino map is simply magnificent. If I ever get tired of it I'll try just re-doing v2 and v3.

Probably in a year or 18 months I will replace my computer and then I'll have to do the full reinstall. I'll have to get the CD back from DarkRob!

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Earl of Uxbridge Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:53 pm

Is there a changelist for this version?

Earl of Uxbridge

Back to top Go down

KS Napoleon Mod 1.35 & KS SOW Supplemental Maps 1.25 Uploaded Empty Borodino map

Post  camrik Fri May 06, 2022 11:12 pm

Where or what is the Borodino map?

Is it one of the scenario that comes with KS?

Also, it's very weird, some of the original scenario work fine with the mod, but others just wont do. LG01 and QB05 keep crashing at 15 minutes into the game. Other LG and QB are fine. Odd.

camrik

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat May 07, 2022 4:06 pm

The Borodino map is one of the KS maps that is included in the mod. I don't think there is a KS scenario that uses it. You'll have to create one of your own.

Some stock scenarios work, others don't. The KS mod has made many, many changes to the game. If you play one and get a crash, upload the SOWWL.log file here and I'll take a look at it. That file can be found in the Documents\SOWWL folder.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next