Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria

+3
Charmead
DumpTruck
Miko77
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria Empty Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria

Post  Miko77 Fri May 28, 2021 11:24 am

Hi All,
I started preparation for the new mini campaign - It will be Austrian vs French based on Summer 1809 OOB.
I lean towards some of Kevin's suggestions - 5 maps and in general less of prestige/economy loss for towns - I will have to define rules for each of the 5 maps in advance.

Anyway, first question - any preference who takes which side?

The lack of proper light infantry in Austrian will be compensated by Jagers and Grenzer battalions.
Artillery will be kept to 6pdrs and standard howitzers that come with them and stats will be equal.
Cavalry stats will be equal, too. So basically the difference will be in Infantry stats/costs.

Skeleton army will have 3 divisions of one infantry brigade and one battery and maybe one cavalry brigade in one of the divisions the rest will be added by CinCs in the initial reinforcement phase.

Last edited by Miko77 on Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria Empty Re: Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria

Post  DumpTruck Fri May 28, 2021 12:19 pm

I wouldn't mind being French since I was mostly on the Allies in the previous campaign, but ultimately I'm not too set one way or the other.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria Empty Re: Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria

Post  Charmead Fri May 28, 2021 5:55 pm

I will take whichever side offers best chance to be most antagonistic towards Kevin. Whether on same side or opposite
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri May 28, 2021 6:44 pm

So long as I can order Pat around, I'm in.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Fri May 28, 2021 8:47 pm

I'm happy being Austrian and live in hope that somebody, some day with rise from our people and lead the Germanic Nations in a rightful quest for living room and dominion.
For now, in this Century anyway, a return to the Holy Roman Empire pre Revolutionary borders wi'll suffice.
Anybody speak German, Hungarian, Polish, Italian or Croatian. Interpreters required.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximilian (Punky) Sun May 30, 2021 3:15 pm

Hey, I know it's been a while, any room for a still inexperienced underling?
Maximilian (Punky)
Maximilian (Punky)

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Sun May 30, 2021 3:34 pm

Hey, I know it's been a while, any room for a still inexperienced underling?

We always have room for inexperienced underlings. No one else follows orders. Today we may be without our fearless leader, but I think we'll still be playing at the usual time provided enough people show.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Sun May 30, 2021 3:58 pm

I will not be there today.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun May 30, 2021 5:36 pm

Hey, Max. Will be good to have you back in our ranks. Its gonna be a few days before I can play. The Archduke is looking for men of zeal and I integrity from the Imperial Habsberg court to lead the big Battalions and revenge the shame of 1805.
Grog
Grog

Maximilian (Punky) likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Maximilian (Punky) Sun May 30, 2021 6:06 pm

It would be my honour to serve the Archduke once more, can't today but can do during the week provided I'm not at work
Maximilian (Punky)
Maximilian (Punky)

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoke Grenadiers Sun May 30, 2021 6:56 pm

I'd be down to fight for either side.
Smoke Grenadiers
Smoke Grenadiers

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Sun May 30, 2021 7:15 pm

It would be my honour to serve the Archduke once more, can't today but can do during the week provided I'm not at work

It's a fairly casually run thing. We tend to play the fights whenever Miko has the scenario ready and we have the appropriate amount of people (minimum 6). We don't really schedule anything, we just play a normal scenario if we don't have enough people. Since Grog said he was busy until Friday we'll probably be doing our regular kinds of scenarios. It's a non-issue to squeeze in brigade commanders whenever we have more than 6 so no worries about attendance or anything. Usually Miko posts when he's got the scenario ready and we'll play it at whatever opportunity we have enough players to. Anyway, hope to see you on the field sometime!

DumpTruck

Maximilian (Punky) likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:33 pm

Hey Miko/Guys
Is it ok if I stand down from Austrian CiC in the forthcoming Campaign? My father is very unwell again in hospital and he is not responding to treatment. I hope be able to participate for the time being but would rather take a Division, if that's ok?
Cheers
Grog/Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:40 pm

Very sorry to hear that, Mike. Hopefully he will pull through.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:50 am

Hi Grog,
Sorry about your dad.
Of course it's OK - we'll forcibly appoint Phil then.
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:06 pm

Is it possible to change the title of the topic? I wanted to put France vs Austria instead of Ehey vs Grog, since Grog had to step down from the CinC role...
Phil will now take over from Grog with Kevin's assistance.

His response to the appointment e-mail was
#%*(@!!!!
 - so I assume it means "why so late?"

Last edited by Miko77 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:44 pm

Archduke Charles and Archduke John, United. Best skip starters and ask for the Menu of small Mediterranean/Atlantic islands!
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Jun 09, 2021 5:52 pm

Indeed, Erzherzog Karl, (let's get his name correct here, he was the best Austrian general, the only one really), has signed on to the Empress Maria's War Party and is ready to drive the French peasants from our borders and reclaim our Holy German holdings. I shall of course assist him and will happily bring the Corsican Ogre back to Vienna in an iron cage along with his minion, Patrice Dumpass.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:18 pm

Not a well-disguised reference there, Kevin

Game on. I look forward to finding your division on the field
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Mon Jun 28, 2021 12:37 am

We are very close to the start.

The central map - where the first battle will take place looks as follows:

Miko's mini campaign 2.0 - France vs Austria Centra10

Battle takes up to 3 days

after first and second day the CinCs will have to choose from
attack/defence/withdraw

The battle will stop if either one player withdraws or both players declare defence

For central map there is no penalty for withdrawal over night
Withdraw during the battle day will cost -1 prestige point.

Winning the map will give +1 prestige point

each 5000 men casualties will cost -1 prestige points

each 1000 men casualties difference will give +1 prestige points for the side with less casualties and -1 prestige points for the side with more casualties

In order to win the map one side must deprive the other side from controlling two red points - combinations of points held are valid if there is connection by the road with the entry zone
Swecko and Przynent count as one point controlled if both are held.

red points are controlled by the side which had an infantry unit in it last - cavalry alone doesn't count for controlling red points...

Still to be decided - economy bonus and looting options
Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:10 pm

Based on the location and distribution of trees, we can quickly guess where Phil is going to naturally go.

The question will be the degree to which Kevin influences Phil's thinking as to what is plausible maneuvering space might be. Perhaps think of open spaces as very big forests with infinite transparency in your map settings. Or just take a green marker and draw lots of "trees" on the map and send Phil a separate file via email.
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:07 am

Is Baron de Pat locked to my team, or was he just an advisor for the economic phase at the start? May I discuss strategy with him, or should I be strategizing on my own?

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:51 am

I am humbled by such a request

Alternatively it could be read as “Hey Miko … umm am I stuck with de Pat? Might there be alternatives for consulting? The guy who cleans the stables? A passing merchant who speaks no English? Anyone else? Literally -anyone- other than him?”
Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  DumpTruck Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:38 am

I will leave the interpretation of that question open, as I find officers perform better when they do not know where they stand with their superiors. silent

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  Miko77 Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:20 pm

Yes, I think the teams will be quite stable this time around...
The most likely set up is

France: Ehey(CinC), Pat, Miko
Austria: Phil(appointed CinC), Kevin(actual CinC), Grog(wannabe CinC)

In case we've got Vince - he'll join French side and I'll just roll my D12 to find out which side I join for a brigade command

So yes, you can discuss strategy with Pat

Miko77
Miko77

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next