Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window...

2 posters

Go down

KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window... Empty KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window...

Post  parmenio Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:10 pm

I've been attempting to use solely the Courier Window for issuing divisional commands.
However, I've noticed a difference in the KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window between how the formations are passed on to units and also an inconsistency in what formations are available.

The KS Toolbar uses "formtype" for formation commands whereas the Courier Window (via courier.csv) uses formation names. The stock game Courier Window also uses "formtype" commands. Is there any particular reason for this?

An example of a missing formation is the Div Line w/Cav in Front (Aformtype:5) which equates to DRIL_Lvl4_Inf_DoubleLineCavHold for a division if I'm reading unitglobal.csv correctly.

parmenio

Back to top Go down

KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window... Empty Re: KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window...

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:16 pm

The courier commands are an artifact from SOWGB. I never bothered to update that csv file since NSD disabled the ability to use the command map to give movement locations to units. I felt it made the whole thing rather useless. You can of course modify the csv file to your liking if you find using that 'feature' useful.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window... Empty Re: KS Toolbar vs the Courier Window...

Post  parmenio Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 pm

I never bothered to update that csv file since NSD disabled the ability to use the command map to give movement locations to units

Understood. Disappointing that they did that I know.... However, I've been experimenting with a mod whereby I divide the map into a 8x8 grid (I update the Map DDS to show the grid lines) and then add 64 locations to the map csv file with each one targeted at the centre of each cell of the grid. This together with the existing locations provides at least a modicum of flexibility to direct units to parts of the map. I've also modded the layout to put a custom order list first (instead of recipient as I have always already chosen that) and changed how it accesses and returns from the map so it doesn't reset the courier order that was in the middle of being constructed.

This at least makes the courier window more usable than it was.

parmenio

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down