Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Toggle vegetation = true not working
by popeadrian Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:43 pm

» 1862 Kriegsspiel manual by Von Tschiscwitz
by modron Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:23 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by popeadrian Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:39 pm

» Guide to map making?
by popeadrian Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:44 am

» SOWWL Artillery batteries
by Uncle Billy Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Uncle Billy Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

» The New SOWWL Is Now Available On Steam
by Grog Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 pm

» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

Statistics
We have 1589 registered users
The newest registered user is PI

Our users have posted a total of 30532 messages in 2303 subjects

I forgot my password

WW2 player travelling back in time

2 posters

Go down

WW2 player travelling back in time Empty WW2 player travelling back in time

Post  Josey Wales Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Hello,

I'm a keen pc wargamer and I have been dabbling on and off with single player SoW for a few years and was put on to the KS mod by DarkRob316. I did play some of the Take Command series back in the day and before that the legendary Sid Meiers Gettysburg.  

I'm relatively well known in the Combat Mission community for my video AAR's but It can be a long wait at times between game turns and I would like to spend some of that time getting the hang of MP SoW Waterloo, this seems like the place to do it.

I look forward to crossing bayonets, rifles, muskets, sabres, lances and cannons with you, it will make a nice change from anti tank guns, Lee enfields, Panzer IVs, smoke grenades, bazookas and mortars.

Josey Wales

Back to top Go down

WW2 player travelling back in time Empty Re: WW2 player travelling back in time

Post  Grog Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:14 pm

Welcome Josey

As you might already know, the KS MP games are played using HITS Custom settings at 10 feet. It really adds to the immersion but can take a little while to get the hang of. A little practice commanding a brigade is usually the best bet at first but divisional command should be OK after a few games. Its a friendly, supportive group with the emphasis on fun and realism. We often play against the AI, who often gets the better of us,  but will play PvP when numbers are good or if a Campaign is running.

Most frequent games are Weds, Fridays and Sundays 14:00 EST, 19:00 GMT. Where are you based?

Combat Mission is a good game, which I have played too, in the past. I'll look out for your vids.

I think some SOW KS MP vids would be welcome, if you were inclined to make some. There's a lot of great new features, maps and sprites that the dedicated modders here have introduced recently and deserve showing off IMO.

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

WW2 player travelling back in time Empty Thanks Mike

Post  Josey Wales Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:12 pm

Thank you Mike,

I'm based in Berkshire, UK. I've been playing around with HITS & KS mod at Brigade level against the ai. I'm really liking it, it's very atmospheric and only allows you to focus on your small section of the battlefield. I can see how good communication between players is essential. I'll aim to make one of the Friday or Sunday sessions.

Josey Wales

Back to top Go down

WW2 player travelling back in time Empty Re: WW2 player travelling back in time

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down