Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Toggle vegetation = true not working
by popeadrian Fri Aug 30, 2024 11:43 pm

» 1862 Kriegsspiel manual by Von Tschiscwitz
by modron Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:23 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by popeadrian Sun Aug 25, 2024 5:39 pm

» Guide to map making?
by popeadrian Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:44 am

» SOWWL Artillery batteries
by Uncle Billy Thu Jul 11, 2024 3:15 pm

» Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style
by Uncle Billy Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:35 pm

» The New SOWWL Is Now Available On Steam
by Grog Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:14 pm

» Grog can't make it
by Grog Fri Jun 28, 2024 5:39 pm

» Boxed KS set Wallington NT near Morpeth
by Martin Sat Jun 08, 2024 3:50 pm

» Help Request-Artillery Behavior
by Dutch101 Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 pm

» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

Statistics
We have 1589 registered users
The newest registered user is PI

Our users have posted a total of 30532 messages in 2303 subjects

I forgot my password

Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.).

2 posters

Go down

Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.). Empty Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.).

Post  Dr Ezra Sidran Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:45 pm

I've just uploaded my post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.). http://general-staff.com/a-wargame-55-years-in-the-making-part-3/

Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.). EnvelopmentManeuver

Dr Ezra Sidran

http://general-staff.com/

Back to top Go down

Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.). Empty Re: Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.).

Post  Uncle Billy Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:05 pm

The elements you've described in this discussion are missing in virtually all computer war games I've played. The result is a very easy win for any human player unless the program cheats by bumping up the stats of the computer's side.

However, I think the real test of competent AI would be with respect to the defending side. Although defense is generally easier than the attack, choosing a good defensive position or moving to a better defensive position while not completely abandoning the battle objective, if possible, would be a much harder for a computer to identify. Or knowing when the attack has run out of steam and it may be time to launch a counterattack on some part of the field is a notion that humans intuitively grasp but would be difficult for a computer to handle algorithmically. That would suggest using a learning AI.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.). Empty Re: Post about artificial intelligence for implementing various offensive maneuvers (envelopment, turning, infiltration, etc.).

Post  Dr Ezra Sidran Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:50 pm

It's said that Napoleon would quiz his junior staff as they traveled about defensive positions utilizing the terrain they were passing through. I agree with everything you said, defensive positions should be easier, but...

I am looking forward to working on defensive AI in the near future. Also, think of Sherman and Johnston and the approach to Atlanta. Johnston kept taking up superb defensive positions and Sherman kept outflanking him!

Dr Ezra Sidran

http://general-staff.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down