Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel

+3
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
Jeanathan
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How did you find version 1.1?

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Re: Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:56 am

I didn't want to overwrite any KS 118 files as I think mods should always be stand-alone. I have therefore moved those folders into the SI mod. Looking at the contents of these folders I think this will work. Any comments on that? Could that affect multi-player?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Re: Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:55 am

Sure, while you're at it, I think the SI mod should be stickied for easier point of reference.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:58 am

You will not be able to play multiplayer. There's a reason why you have to overwrite original KS files after all, I would like to avoid it myself but the game only accepts one file of the same name of a csv file. And you can't rename the file either because it won't be able to find it if you do. If you are unwilling to overwrite the files, then I suggest keeping two versions of KS. Although I don't understand why you would, since overwriting the files in the first place won't end the world. All it does is add text, not replace nor does it remove. You can safely play the KS mod with files overwritten, it won't screw anything up, I promiz.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:59 am

pancerni wrote:Getting v118 first appears to have fixed everything...I loaded v118, then pulled over the Swedish intervention 112 and v118 folder, it asked me to overwrite a number of files, which I did...I then checked Swedish intervention and v118 in the mods program, resign and reloaded...haven't played yet but it looks like everything that's supposed to be there is there...thanks for your help.

No problem, only happy to help. I hope you enjoy the mod and I look forward to any feedback you might have.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:44 am

VERSION 1.13 UPCOMING FEATURES

Version 1.13 is already being worked on, but because I am so early in development I still don't know all of the features that will be released with it. So, I'll keep updating this list here. I hope you enjoy version 1.12 in the meantime!

* Entirely re-balanced Sweden and France.
* New scenarios. (Battle of Peene, Battle of Wolgast, Battle of Anklam)
* Updated Readme file with even more information.
* New Swedish Cavalry sprite, the "lifehusar".
* New Swedish Cavalry sprite, the "Jemtland Mounted Rifles".
* A Work-in-progress Swedish Faction PDF-Manual
* Possibly more OOB's.
* Swedish unique rifles.
* New Splash Loading Screens that are more sweden-centric.
* New Music.

SCHEDULED FOR 2016.02.17

Last edited by Jeanathan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:00 pm; edited 2 times in total

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:51 am

Bravo Jeanathan! Please keep the updates coming Smile

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:55 am

Martin wrote:Bravo Jeanathan! Please keep the updates coming Smile

Martin (J)

I aim to please. Wink

I hope you'll enjoy the latest version, I say it is the best by far, but then again, I've never heard of many content updates that are bad, unless you're talking Paradox Interactive or Ubisoft. Anyways, thank you Martin.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:11 pm

This sort of thing is right up my street. In any wars I tend to be attracted to the unusual, or the side shows. So I'm more interested in Swedish Napoleonic battles than in Austerlitz, and more interested in the ACW Trans Mississippi than events in Virginia.

These esoteric excursions also help to keep the games fresh for me. As well as the new flags and uniforms, you often have different army structures, and a different balance between the arms. So you might need a different approach to fighting battles.

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:42 pm

You will not be able to play multiplayer.
What about for those people who don't install the mod? Will they be able to play KS Mod against a person who has SI installed?

I hope you understand I am not being awkward I just get nervous and unhappy when one mod modifies another, it is never good practice.

Perhaps when SI is finished it could be fully included within KS v119?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:54 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:What about for those people who don't install the mod? Will they be able to play KS Mod against a person who has SI installed?

There won't be any conflicts, I've played multiplayer games with other KS people with SI installed and nothing conflicts. All it does is add text. Basically when the game searches for a file and finds it, everything works fine. And since if you play a normal KS game online with SI installed, the game will search for the files that are being used only. Meaning it doesn't even see that there's differences in the files. It only searches for what it wants, not what it sees. So in practice, there should be no conflict at all.

Mr. Digby wrote:I hope you understand I am not being awkward I just get nervous and unhappy when one mod modifies another, it is never good practice.

I understand completely, however there is no way around it that I know of. I apologize for the inconvenience, but when the game only likes it when there's one file and no duplicates, one really is given much of a choice in the matter.

Mr. Digby wrote:Perhaps when SI is finished it could be fully included within KS v119?

I wish for SI to be intergrated at some point, but it isn't 100 % polished yet, and only when I feel like it's polished will I consider asking Kevin to add it to the original KS. I'm probably going to keep updating SI until there is nothing left to do. I'm actually closing to that point soon where the only thing I can think of is add more sprites, scenarios and maybe make some maps. We'll see.

Thanks for your reply. ^^

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:35 pm

And thank you as well for taking the time to be so helpful in answering my questions.

So when will we first see the brave Swedes in action?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:21 pm

Hah, are you asking for screenshots or scenarios? I'm already working on a scenario, however the Lynchburg minimap seems wonky.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:00 pm

I meant playing the first game using them though from what I saw after installing the mod and talking to you last night the sprite textures may need some compression.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:28 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:I meant playing the first game using them though from what I saw after installing the mod and talking to you last night the sprite textures may need some compression.

I will go ahead and do some compression tests and then I'll release a hotfix.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Version 1.125 Hotfix Released

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 pm

VERSION 1.125 HOTFIX RELEASED

* Compressed the sprites, they are now 16bit, 4:4:4:4

Just copy it over and overwrite all the files when it asks.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:12 pm

VERSION 1.128 HOTFIX RELEASED

* Fixed the swedish cuirassier sprites.
* Fixed some issues with the SI Swedish Scenarios and Maps mod.

Just copy it over and overwrite all the files when it asks.

Last edited by Jeanathan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty UPCOMING FEATURES OF VERSION 1.13

Post  Jeanathan Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:27 pm

VERSION 1.13 UPCOMING FEATURES

Version 1.13 is getting close to being finished! Here are the features that will be released with it:
* Made the Dutch Uniforms and flags more historical(thanks to Morsey for pointing it out).
* Made the Dutch, Nassau, Baden and Spanish weapons more historical(thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Spanish Hussars look more historical (thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Spanish Infantry look more historical (thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Swedish Horsetrain look more Swedish.
* Made the Swedish Officer saddle look more Swedish.
* Replaced the lifehorse with a new and improved sprite.
* Replaced the husar sprite with the original lifehorse sprite.
* A New OOB based on the upcoming Scenario releases.
* Swedish unique rifles added (finally).
* New Title Screen.
* New Music.
* More Swedish Sound Effects.

SCHEDULED FOR 2016.02.17

Last edited by Jeanathan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:25 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Added more features.)

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Version 1.2 Trailer

Post  Jeanathan Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Whilst waiting for version 1.13, I thought this would be a nice treat to all those who are waiting.
Enjoy the upcoming version 1.2's trailer!

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  pancerni Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:50 am

Always good to see Sweden in her military apex...Charles XII and the Great Northern War...unfortunately not Napoleonics.

pancerni

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:01 am

pancerni wrote:...unfortunately not Napoleonics.

Maybe that corresponds with how "well" they did in the actual napoleonic wars. xP

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Version 1.13 Released

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 pm

VERSION 1.13 FEATURES

Version 1.13 is now released, these are the features released with it:
* Made the Dutch Uniforms and flags more historical(thanks to Morsey for pointing it out).
* Made the Dutch, Nassau, Baden and Spanish weapons more historical(thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Spanish Hussars look more historical (thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Spanish Infantry look more historical (thanks to Digby for pointing it out).
* Made the Swedish Horsetrain look more Swedish.
* Made the Swedish Officer saddle look more Swedish.
* Replaced the lifehorse with a new and improved sprite.
* Replaced the husar sprite with the original lifehorse sprite.
* A New OOB based on the upcoming Scenario releases.
* Swedish unique rifles added (finally).
* New Title Screen.
* New Music.
* More Swedish Sound Effects.

RELEASED

Last edited by Jeanathan on Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:42 pm; edited 5 times in total

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:19 pm

Hi Jeanathan, thanks for the update. What about the KS Mod files that were overwritten by the previous version? Do we need to find and reset those?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty UPCOMING FEATURES OF VERSION 1.14

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:20 pm

VERSION 1.14 NEEDS YOU!

Version 1.14 is now in early development.
I have big plans for this version, especially when it comes to community interaction.
That's right, I want the community to be deciding on what features they would like to see in the Community Edition of Version 1.14.
Please tell me what you would like to see and If it is possible to do, then I will add it to the feature list.
I'd very much would like to hear what you want next besides the other features I already have planned.
Your voice will matter, especially in this rural community.

Last edited by Jeanathan on Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:30 pm; edited 3 times in total

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:22 pm

Digby wrote:Hi Jeanathan, thanks for the update. What about the KS Mod files that were overwritten by the previous version? Do we need to find and reset those?

Not at all. All you need to do is re-overwrite it with the new files.
Only the Swedish Mod and its affiliated mods discounting the KS mod.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Swedish Intervention: A Sub-Mod for Kriegsspiel - Page 2 Empty Version 1.131 Hotfix Released

Post  Jeanathan Wed Feb 17, 2016 5:11 pm

VERSION 1.131 HOTFIX

There was a tiny, tiny mistake when naming the mod folder. There was a dot in the mod folder name which shouldn't have been there.

Just redownload the mod and you'll be fine. The download preview link should say "Version 1.131"
The Upload is finished, you should now be able to download it.

Jeanathan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next