Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Charmead Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» Campaign via scenario generator
by Uncle Billy Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:55 pm

» online Kriegsspiel event on Saturday, November 28
by Father General Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:40 pm

» New at Kriegsspiel 1824
by King_Rufus Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 am

» AARs - post here all after battle comments and replay files
by DumpTruck Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:40 am

» Sprites+OOB+MAPS
by DumpTruck Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:30 am

» Question on adding OOB names to xml form
by Los Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:55 am

» Questions about scenario generator
by Uncle Billy Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:21 pm

» Readymade Kriegsspiel "blocks"
by Hessian Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:29 pm

» download/install
by Miko77 Sun Oct 25, 2020 5:27 pm

» Player AI pushing squares at cavalry
by Uncle Billy Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:20 pm

» Large maps, a possible solution
by MKH Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:44 pm

Statistics
We have 976 registered users
The newest registered user is tvnc

Our users have posted a total of 28473 messages in 2152 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby on Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:41 am

So only the skirmish units? I don't like them either and they are very easy to fix by editing the scenario file and changing the numbers in column AM of the csv file (use Excel or freebie spreadsheet software) and alter all the values to "0" and then in those units that you do want to be able to skirmish set that value to "1".

That restores the old skirmish system.

I use a system of only a single "1" capable unit per brigade, unless its a French brigade of 6 or more battalions when I set a second one to "1". Some brigades (noteably British) have several "light" units but be careful with these as most "light" units in the British army of this period fought in close order the same as the line regiments, but a few such as the 5/60th, 95th, Portuguese Cacadores, KGL lights, etc should all be able to skirmish. I suggest setting the SECOND unit in each brigade to be able to skirmish and if you ned a second one, then the FIRST unit. Or, failing that, the one that is clearly labelled as a light unit which you can identify in column I of scenario.csv

The Austrians have some skirmish-heavy brigades as well, such as their jager brigades.

Spanish - don't bother! If they had skirmish units they really were not very effective, but you can make all the guerilla units skirmish capable.

Alternatively you can simply keep all the OOBs from v1.31 and use them with v1.32.

I would also give the new skirmish units a second chance. They can be quite effective if you let the AI do its thing. They do sometimes do daft things like go off and recon a wood 500 yards in your rear or something like that but they are not completely ineffective. I play opposite them all the time and they can be a real pain.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 20 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  DumpTruck on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm

If the skirmishers were standing around doing nothing it may have been due to enemy cavalry being near by. They have a somewhat limited leash that ties them to their parent unit I think, so perhaps they were deployed, but the enemy was too far away. The commander's status also influences how many of the groups there will be. The more aggressive the stance the less skirmisher groups there will be.

I find them to usually do their job. They can be a bit chaotic at times but such is war. Sometimes the enemy cavalry will show up an an inopportune moment but you're not losing too many men if you lose a skirmisher group.

DumpTruck

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:45 pm

So only the skirmish units?

That's as far as I got. Like I said, I didn't have a lot of time. I did DL v 1.33 and the new map mod so I might give those a shot soon.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  fwhite1221 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:26 am

Download links are not working. Anyone else having the same issue?

fwhite1221

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:58 am

You need to log in.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:05 pm

I am having an odd issue where upon install of this mod (and the maps/sprites) and enabling them, if I select the sandbox or user scenarios buttons, my game will crash with no extra info. Has anyone else had this issue?

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Try looking in your SOWWL Documents file and see if there is a .log file. That might give you a clue.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm

As I recall, one of the DLCs has a Logistics sub-folder. If you have the DLCs. look through them and rename the Logistics folder to something like, xLogistics. That may be the problem.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 on Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:56 pm

rschilla, good call. Looks like I've been playing on v1.01 which is not compatible with KS.

Billy, your recollection is spot on but that didn't seem to have any effect, maybe once I can get this updated I will need to handle that again.

Now I downloaded the updates from Matrix, but they don't seem to be able to find my install for some reason, both 1.02 updater or 1.03 updater, saying that Setup has detected I do not have SOWWL installed. I wonder what the heck is preventing it from seeing my install.

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:05 am

Make sure that you don't have an extra folder in the install. Sometimes when copying the extracted zip file to the SOWWL\Mods file you get a second intermediate mod file that messes things up. It's happened to me.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  manosteele117 on Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:33 am

I checked again for that, no dice. Something is preventing the update programs from working correctly on my install, I assume if I was on 1.03 I wouldn't have any issues with the KS mod.

manosteele117

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:39 am

Can you update the game via Steam?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Miko77 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:19 am

I'm not a betting man but it still sounds like a bad installation to me.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:20 am

So I imagine when you guys play your HITS games that you use the Host method and have everyone else sign in?

Has anyone noticed a problem with the Lobby? It almost seems as if Matrix or Norbsoft has discontinued it. It will not allow me to sign on. Fortunately I can use the Host method but it seems odd that they would issue an update for the game and still pretend that the Lobby works.

Unless the problem is on my end, that is.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:22 am

The problem is not at your end. The service is disconnected. That's not a problem as Power Lobby was too unstable to be useful. Joining by direct IP has always been far better.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:25 am

Thanks for clearing that up.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum