Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Vincent6691 Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:22 pm

Ok, you mean that I need to switch the game in english or something else ?
Vincent6691
Vincent6691

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Help with saved games in Single Player games

Post  Pop1 Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:11 pm

Uncle Billy,

thanks for persevering with this. I don't think there is a permissions issue, other saved games are fine, and if I select the defsave file and manually overwrite it then it and the KSdata file seem to get updated. If I ever get to the bottom of the problem then I will post again so if there is an issue the community will know about it.

thanks again.

Pop1

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:15 pm

You could also try removing the mod and re-downloading and installing it. We've seen one or two odd things that reinstalls fixed.

You can also read the text file of the scenario introduction in that scenario's file in...

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Imagexxx2x

(Your location will be different if you have the Steam version)

From the file

This is a difficult scenario

The Austrian Expeditionary Force has made good progress against the French in Spain. This has saved the rather inept British forces under the command of Wellington. Had he spent a year or two at the Theresianum, he'd have learned how to properly command troops in the Austrian manner.

The AEF under command of Erzherzog Karl, has entered the Burgos region. The Valladolid Road, which passes nearby is the main line of communication for French forces. Seizing Burgos would rupture the line and cause a severesupply problem for the enemy's forces. The Archduke has ordered Feldmarschal von Kienmayer to move his Korps north and capture the town.

Intelligence:

The road is heavily used by French forces. In fact it was along this very section that General Dupont nearly destroyed the British army and captured Wellington himself. Care must be taken.

Objective:

Capture and hold the crossings of the Rio Arlazon that are near to Burgos. Once accomplished, take the town itself. Note that our forces are far from the ports being supplied by our mighty navy. Therefore the supplies we have with us, seen over by Prinz Reuss-Plauen, must be closely guarded and not captured or destroyed.

Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty how to post a jpg image in the post

Post  Pop1 Tue Mar 03, 2020 2:33 pm

How do I include an image in the post?

Pop1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:14 pm

You have to upload it somewhere and then give the image link between [ img ] [/ img] tags (without the spaces). Or click on the little TV screen icon on the top of the post reply window and add the image url there.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Mar 03, 2020 3:52 pm

If other scenarios show a blank screen too, then it is the language issue.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Incorrect messages from subordinates

Post  Pop1 Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:59 pm

I seem to be getting spurious messages from subordinate commanders (Brigade to Division) that they have been forced into square and requesting cavalry support. When I check they are not in square and there is no cavalry to be seen, in fact I have had the messages in scenarios (sandbox) when no cavalry are included in the OOB. This has happened when playing as Austrian, French and British, I have not tested other nations.

I hope I have managed to upload the screenshot image correctly to illustrate this (thanks Mr Digby). As you can see Jarry's brigade is not in square.

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Messag11
Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Messag11

pop1

Pop1

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:51 pm

Those are intended. Its the new code for the AI brigade commanders, who, when they are some distance away from their division commander, will inform him of events.

He might only give that message if just one of his battalions is in square, not all of them. Its a notice to the player that enemy cavalry is around.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Incorrect messages from subordinates

Post  Pop1 Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:31 pm

Thanks Mr Digby, although I'm sure I have received this message when there are no cavalry in the OOB, I will check again. It's somewhat alarmist, the Brigade commanders must be a windy lot!

Pop1

Back to top Go down

Post  vossiewulf Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:00 pm

The download links on the first page seem to be broken, can someone please point me to downloads of the very good (my thanks to all who work on it) Waterloo Kriegspiel version? I was really enjoying playing it, then got distracted, and ended up building a new computer and wiping the old install.

vossiewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:12 pm

The links work only if you are logged in.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  vossiewulf Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:20 pm

Derp. Thanks Uncle Billy.

I now have a more general problem, not sure if someone here knows how to fix it. I set it to 4k for my new monitor, but it seems to be trying to display 8k, all I have is the top left quarter of the UI on screen, and can't access the buttons to set it back. I see a resolution field in the [Initialize] section in a default.ini, but no idea what the syntax is supposed to look like. It currently says just 0.

If not, will head over to NSD. Thanks again for the download clarification.

vossiewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  Deusvult Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:03 am

Is there any way to revert to stock toolbar or Grog-made one? I understand the stock is not suited for HITS game play, but I'd prefer it.

Deusvult

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:34 pm

Unfortunately not, the toolbar is an integral part of the mod, and as you play the mood you will understand why. I do suggest you try it. Your preference for the stock toolbar is simply because you're familiar with it, but once you get familiar with the KS Mod toolbar you'll have no wish to go back to the stock one. Wink

Grog toolbar is incompatible as well. The KS Mod is really a "complete overhaul mod" so the only other mods that will work with it are purely visual ones such as the realistic smoke or extra blood mods.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Mar 15, 2020 2:50 pm

I now have a more general problem, not sure if someone here knows how to fix it. I set it to 4k for my new monitor, but it seems to be trying to display 8k, all I have is the top left quarter of the UI on screen, and can't access the buttons to set it back.
The number after screen res is the index number of the list of available screen resolutions. Zero is the first one in the list. I think there are only 14 resolutions available so the number would 0-13. I don't know if 4K resolution is available in this game. You'll have to take your question to NSD.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  vossiewulf Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:52 pm

Thanks again Uncle Billy, but I was able to fix it by other means- I edited the mainUI XML to move the Option button into view and then I could set it back.

Tell anyone to not try the 4k res, it's broken Smile

Thanks for the quick answers and help, it is appreciated.

vossiewulf

Back to top Go down

Post  donkeycods Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:04 pm

I had the same problem with 4k. I fixed it by running full screen, no problem.

donkeycods

Back to top Go down

Post  vossiewulf Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:16 am

Well huh I thought I was full screen? Thanks, I will try again.

vossiewulf

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 19 Empty Fantastic mod!!!!

Post  Sebadov Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:01 pm

Hello, I am a new player who installs the game today. I want to thank you all for the fantastic work you do with this mod.

I hope to see you soon on the battlefield.
Sebadov
Sebadov

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:49 pm

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad to hear that you are enjoying the mod. Yes, by all means, join us for a game. We play on Sunday, Tuesday, and Friday at 14:00EST, 19:00BST.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Sebadov likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:05 pm

What are the changes to v 1.33?

I tried 1.32 and gave up on it almost instantly. Still merrily using 1.31, though.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:07 am

I'm interested to know what made you give up on 1.32?

The mod is continually being worked on with constant changes so if you stick with 1.31 you'll miss out on all the new things. We have AI controlled withdrawal and collapse of units and brigades now so that formations will fall back and withdraw from battle at a certain level of losses. This means you'll no longer get ahistorical casualty levels. We've had some fairly brisk corps level fights recently that have resulted in only about 10% to 20% losses on each side whereas previously we'd sometimes see unrealistic levels of loss on the AI side, up to around 60%.

We have introduced a way to lock the trees on for all players in MP.

Maps are also being continually tweaked and updated, either through fixing errors on things like road links and scenery updates.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:50 am

The automated skirmish units didn't work at all. They stood there....usually facing the wrong way and didn't seem to react to any orders. They did what they damned well pleased. I'm sort of used to that. I had cats and kids at one time but I was too busy at that moment with other stuff to mess with it.

Has it gotten better?

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRob Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:01 am

rschilla wrote:They did what they damned well pleased. I'm sort of used to that. I had cats and kids at one time
Slanderous! I was the best kid anyone could ever have. I was an angel.

DarkRob

Back to top Go down

Post  rschilla Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 am

Except for that freakin' guitar.

rschilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 24 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next