Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

+71
thilio
Saucier
specialzendos
Den31sev
Tom9
bewhite
gort
saintsup
HouseoftheHoly
Aurph
dran-yam-nai
Boche
manosteele117
fwhite1221
DumpTruck
Sebadov
donkeycods
Deusvult
vossiewulf
Vincent6691
Pop1
USSR-81
camrik
parmenio
gehrig38
Tactical Wargamer
76mm
Hannibal
Mark87
Zebedee
risorgimento59
justin23
DarkRob
xiyunhong
Didz
Jess
xray
Miko77
chrisreb
rschilla
Wenzel
Viking42
wokajimbo
HUSSARD BLANC
roy64
Charmead
Mr. Sir Signor Monsieur
zu Pferd
mogami
tim4465
Le'Poppa
CaptainAndrew
[4US] Lotus
DylanL
Captal
pancerni
Martin
Sacrebleu
gradkinz
cyrano
johnorei
Volunteer
Skyhigh
Morealive
Leffe7
Iberalc
Grog
Lancier
Robert M
Mr. Digby
Uncle Billy
75 posters

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  [4US] Lotus Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Hello all, I just downloaded this mod. Runs great and launched fine however are all the mod OOB just numbers like FR(xxx) or GB (xxx)?
[4US] Lotus
[4US] Lotus

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Re: Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:15 pm

I presume you restarted the game after activating the mod?

Also, don't use the stock OOBs, use the ones that begin with "KS", as the xml names file has been replaced so you won't see the correct unit or commander names with the stock OOBs.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  [4US] Lotus Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:53 pm

I actually have an issue where mods won't stay activated after I restart. I was using the modified KS OOB's for a sandbox game.
[4US] Lotus
[4US] Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:15 am

I have never come across that kind of behaviour before. I can think of two things - 1) Your SoW main install is not working correctly or 2) The mod(s) is/are not installed correctly. When you installed them did you open the archive file and then use its own menu to "extract files to..." specifying a folder, or did you open it, open Windows Explorer and just drag the files across? We have found that the first method can sometimes lead to a second level of folders being created which of course prevents the mods from working properly.

When you select mods in the Mods screen you have to exit with the "use selected mods" button at the centre bottom of the screen rather that the "go back" button at the top right. You then MUST resign from the game and go back in.

What OS do you use? There are known problems with both Win8 and Win10 and there are solutions to issues with both on NSD's forum. I know its getting old now but Win7 is the most stable and preferred OS to play the game on.

Links to NSD forum discussion:

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-and-bolts-waterloo/71328-windows-10

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/technical-help-a-bug-post/65922-how-i-got-windows-8-to-run-sow

As a general rule, try running the game as Administrator in Win7 compatibility mode or even WinXP compatibility mode.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  [4US] Lotus Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:01 am

All of those things were done. the zip files were extracted to their own separate folders, checked for redundancy. Run as admin set,

I'm also running win7 so I don't think the OS is the issue. Steam overlay disabled. I'm also having an issue where sandbox battles spawn the exact same every time no matter what OOB I choose. (ie right now even if I select France, brigade size, I spawn in Corps vs Corps as Sir Hill) Leads me to believe it might be a bad install or I just have no idea how the game works (which I admit is entirely possible).
[4US] Lotus
[4US] Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:58 am

Sounds like you've set everything up right and the OS is obviously not the culprit.

We had another player last night whose game began to exhibit exactly these symptoms, right in the middle of a game set-up session. 24 or 48 hours previously his game was fine. His mods failed to "hold" and would reset every time he went back to the main menu. I tried all kinds of things with him but in the end I was stumped.

Another of our players noted some Steam update activity at around the same time. No idea if that is related, but thought I'd mention it.

Right now unless NSD or Matrix can offer advice on their forums, I can only suggest a full uninstall and reinstall of the game.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainAndrew Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:32 am

I had the same problem as you, Lotus with the mods not activating. I uninstalled the game from Steam and installed it seperately which seems to have fixed the problem. I will try installing also the Steam version to see if that was the problem.

UPDATE: I reinstalled the Steam version and that seems to be working fine too. I guess reinstalling is the simplest way to deal with this problem right now.
CaptainAndrew
CaptainAndrew

Back to top Go down

Post  [4US] Lotus Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Re-installed after a full clean up, had to find all bastions of SOW files (some were hidden). Everything works now though. Look forward to playing with everyone!
[4US] Lotus
[4US] Lotus

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:03 pm

That's good news. What time zone are you? I expect there will be a game on Friday at 20:00 BST. I am busy Saturday but there will most likely be a game then at the same time and we have a campaign game set to be played on Sunday, also at 20:00 BST.

You're also welcome to join the map command side of the campaign if that kind of thing appeals - check out the 1813 campaign sub-forum.

There is also a small group who want to play mid-week evening US time, I think on a Wednesday. We have a thread set aside for discussions there too.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  [4US] Lotus Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:05 am

I'm GMT -5 (Central US) I'll look into the groups as well!
[4US] Lotus
[4US] Lotus

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Changing mod's music files

Post  Le'Poppa Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:47 pm

Hello Guys! At first sorry for bad English and greatings to all developers and players of this Brilliant modification. So I got a one question. Can i change the mod's march music on that what I made by myself. I mean if I change the original sound files on my files - does it not will conflict with the game's function after that? Of course I will convert them into .wav format before changing. Tanx  bounce  
P.S. If you interesting I upload the original .mp3 ver's of my files (2 french and 1 brit's) there ===> New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days. Please contact the forum administrator for more information. Crying or Very sad
Le'Poppa
Le'Poppa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:55 pm

Hello Poppa and welcome to the KS Forum.

Yes you can change any sound files you like to your own. Bear in mind to keep the wav file size as small as you like - a short looking sound with low quality is better. Aim for a wav file size similar to what the KS mod uses. Anything much bigger may not play.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty Thank's a lot :)

Post  Le'Poppa Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:09 pm

Oh! Thank you so much!) I try it right now. And thank you again for this perfect, brilliant mod and great forum) I love you
Le'Poppa
Le'Poppa

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:31 pm

When you are ready please join us for an MP game.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Captal Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:57 am

What is the latest dll file? Can someone post a link? Thanks.
Captal
Captal

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:59 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7f08cf5z9mr97py/SowAiInf.dll?dl=0
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Captal Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Thanks.  I had to get a new computer, so I am willing to try hosting again with this new machine, although my weekday work schedule and BST don't align well.
Captal
Captal

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty I don't know what I have to activate in mods ?

Post  tim4465 Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:06 pm

Hello,
I don't understand what are the 3 mods ?
And we need Wagram and Peninsular (Gettysburg mod) ?
When I star a battle with Full Waterloo army Napoléon have only 21 000 soldiers ???????
Thank you,
Tim.

tim4465

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:51 pm

Hi Tim

The 3 mods are:

KS Napoleon II Mod version 118
KS Sprites Mod version 102
KS Supplementary maps Mod version 112

You do not need the Road to Wagram Mod as that is for Gettysburg (a different game).

The KS Mod needs to be run with the KS OOBs not the stock OOBs. These have "KS" in the name.

In sandbox mode I *think* the game will only ever give you 1 corps a side, though I am not sure on that. This may be why you are seeing only 21,000 men a side.

Welcome to the forums as well!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Two of the stock OOBs have been converted for KS use. They are labeled OOB_SB_WLL_Campaign All Brigades and OOB_SB_WLL_Campaign Br Cav. They have not been balanced for use with the KS mod, so the battle may not play out as you might expect. There is one that balanced, more or less, labeled OOB_SB_FullFrench. However there are 3 KS OOBS devoted to the Waterloo campaign that are properly created for use with the mod.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon May 23, 2016 9:03 am

Hi Kevin (or anyone else)

I am still tweaking SOWWL after my PC upgrade and your XML creator program has stopped working. I am getting the missing MSCVP120.dll error and have installed Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2013 which seems to be the version I need. I've checked in C:/Windows/System32 and the file is there, rebooted the PC but the error persists.

Any ideas?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2016 1:28 pm

You could check for updates and see if any of the C++ programs have some available. I have done that in the past and it worked, if I remember correctly there are a bunch of them out there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon May 23, 2016 4:06 pm

What do you mean by "have some available"?

I have the file installed in the correct directory (System32), the XML creator just can't see it. I suspect it could be a registry entry problem but I'm stumped as to why this is so since I just installed the file.

EDIT: I tried the x86 version instead of the x64 and that worked. Problem solved.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2016 5:31 pm

That would make a difference right there. Glad you figured out.

Back to top Go down

Set Up for SOWWL NAPOLEON GAMES For Kriegspiel style - Page 5 Empty New guy

Post  mogami Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 am

Hi, I want to play multi with you guys. (give me the smallest brigade or arty btry)  what do I need to download for a steam install.
So far when I click the downloads I get a page but no directions.  (looks like zip files. Do I need to install zip7 first?)

Oh and how do you get the pause button to work in windows 10 vanilla?

mogami

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next