Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Scourge of War Waterloo

+14
Leffe7
kg_sspoom
kg little mac
Martin
Grog
WJPalmer
Mark87
MJP
Baldwin1
Iberalc
Mr. Digby
7thGalaxy
Uncle Billy
SolInvictus202
18 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Scourge of War Waterloo - Page 6 Empty Re: Scourge of War Waterloo

Post  Baldwin1 Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:12 pm

I have a small mod which makes it easier to see the positioning arrows. wrote:I have a small mod which makes it easier to see the positioning arrows.

Meaning that you can tell which direction you are facing now? Does it make it playable at 2yds now?
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:36 pm

It's not as good as the last game, but better than the stock version of this one. If you zoom in on the new arrow, it becomes much easier to tell which direction it is pointed in. Using Reb's toolbar, it is easy to rotate it in the proper direction if need be. I'm sure everyone will give their feedback after using it today. Then we'll know if it really makes HITS possible.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Looking forward to seeing it Kevin. I was playing around with the arrow graphic today myself.
Basically made the green arrow bigger and longer, which helped a bit.
Doubt I will be able to play tonight but will try.
I'd like to test the file/mod out, though. Maybe tomorrow?

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Baldwin1 Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:01 am

What news of the testing?
Baldwin1
Baldwin1

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:19 am

Check the Impromptu Games thread. The test went well.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:13 am

I am still bothered by the new interface. I seem to be struggling with it more than others. Is there a keyboard.csv equivalent in the game? I can't see one. The default set-up WASD keys just seem to move your avatar a few yards. I'd much rather have him advance a long way then be able to halt him at any time. In SoW:GB we had the Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End/PgDn keys for this. I am so much more comfortable with that set-up. Anyone got any suggestions please?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:32 am

Hi Martin

to customize keys you can still do it the same way in your Keyboard.csv file. In Waterloo it is in your Documents\SOWWL Folder and not in your \Work Folder anymore. You can copy/paste your Ins/Home/PgUp/Del/End/PgDn if needed.
Using the shipped WASD controls you can set the distance for each pressing "W" in the in-game Options with the slider - or for even greater values also in the Keyboard.csv file. Pressing "S" will halt you.

KR
Stefan
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks Stefan.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Charmead Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:13 pm

Quite possible some of this is operator error but here are 3 things I have noticed in the sandbox campaign with all mods (including KS) turned on

1. In several cases an artillery battery shows one target on its list yet neither recognizes nor fires at 2 or 3 other targets closer and in plain line of sight.

2. When clicked on my commander, if I right click to move him somewhere it all goes normally, destination arrow pointing and the u-shaped pattern of buttons comes up so I can use roads, etc .... But sometimes the arrow does not always show up. And then he won't move. What I get instead is 3 buttons - a TC, a line form and a column form ... So To get around that I will use the "advance 100 yards" button to get him moving, I get the familiar "U- shaped" set of buttons and can move normally to the destination. Even then maybe half the time I still can't change direction while moving. Not sure if I am explaining that clear enough.

3. Using couriers. I finally figured out you need to double click on the commands. Having done that the command map does not come up when I want to command by waypoint

Is this a KS Mod thing or a sandbox campaign thing? Couldn't see reference to it anywhere else I looked. Maybe I missed it?

Charmead
Charmead

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:35 am

2. Some screenshots to explain this would help ;-) Does this only happen with Army/Corps commanders or also with Division/Brigade commanders?

3. The Courier command "move to this Point on the map" is not available in Waterloo yet. It is on the To Do list for a future patch. You can use the Command Map ("N") to move Units around the map.

KR
Stefan
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:51 pm

Tonight I decided to do a quick SP game and play as the Brunswick Division because its my favourite formation of the 1815 campaign.

I was very disappointed. All those beautiful uniforms have not been created. There's a single rather boring infantry sprite for everything, (with green cuffs - I am sure the Brunswick infantry had black cuffs and coloured collars)... so there's no leib garde, no avant garde, no jagers... The hussars use the Prussian black (actually grey) hussar sprite which looks nothing like the Brunswick hussars and there is no Uhlan sprite. There's no artillery either, just British guns and crews.

No general either.

So just 1 incorrect sprite for the whole Brunswick Division.

Its a crying shame.

Why model such a superbly variable uniform-filled battle then leave half of them out?

NSD probably think they hit a sprite limit but surely they could still create the sprites for people to use if they wanted to try?

Data:

The Avant-Garde Btn wore 2 different kinds of uniforms: 2 companies (jagers) wore medium grey with grass-green facings, including pointed cuffs. The other 2 companies (light. inf.) wore black uniforms with dark green facings, including cuffs.

The other infantry battalions wore facing colours on the collars, shoulder straps and a stripe down each leg, but not on the cuffs (those were black). The facing colours were:

Leib = light blue; 1st Line = red; 2nd Line = green; 3rd Line = white; 1st Light = pink; 2nd Light = yellow; 3rd Light = orange. Cavalry facings (both hussars and uhlans) were light blue, including pointed cuffs.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6