Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» SOW Scenario Generator
by glennthom Yesterday at 4:26 am

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30496 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm

4 posters

Go down

Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm Empty Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm

Post  MJ1 Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:35 pm

2-3 players per side and some umpires needed.

It will be based on the planned invasion of England by those dastardly Hun in 1940.

It will be a company level action using period maps of Sussex area around Billingshurst.

It will be held at Woodford Halse so please post here if you can make the trip to Woodford (between Daventry Junc 16 M1 (approx 20mins) and Banbury M40 Junc 11 (Approx 15mins) and want to play / umpire that day.

I will be looking for a German commander (I have a Allied Commander already) to do some pre game setup / discussions / planning via e-mail if anyone wants this role and is prepared to undertake this work please post here or e-mail me / Martin.

This link shows the overall situation for the game and the area the game will be played in. Not high detail but the area is just West of Horsham.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3596/3621274587_6f88ed6f78_o.jpg

As soon as I know the list of players I will send out briefings to each person so they can start planning their opponents downfall.

So far it looks like the following have expressed an interest / roles given:-

Martin - Umpire
Phil - German Commander
Richard - German Player
Dave ??
Paul - Umpire
Steve - Allied Commander
John ??

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm Empty Re: Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm

Post  henridecat Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:18 pm

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one, but I would like to make a suggestion that rather than have remote players by email you use Skype. No don't panic no hardware is required and no money is required it is simply useful as a chat system and you can setup as many private chat sessions as you want.

However it does require players to be honest and not chat to each other behind the umpires back if they are not supposed to be in touch ;-)

Skype can be downloaded from
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/
henridecat
henridecat

Back to top Go down

Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm Empty Location?

Post  Richard Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:23 pm

I am confused - is this game taking place in Hemel Hempstead or Woodford?

In either case, can I have directions as a matter of urgency please?

Thanks ...

Richard
*** Deleted Phone # To Be on Safe Side******

Richard

Back to top Go down

Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm Empty Re: Sunday 25th October Seelowe Revisited. Start Prompt at 1pm to Finish at 5pm

Post  MJ1 Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

Thanks for those that attended and I will post an AAR for the 1st game we ran earlier this year and maybe do a small set of notes about the game run today. A close fought affair and well done to the Canadians who nearly managed to stop the German horde. Happy as ever for anyone else to do a write up.

Now for next year Vietnam..... (And maybe Zombies in St Albans)

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 pm

henridecat wrote:Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one, but I would like to make a suggestion that rather than have remote players by email you use Skype. No don't panic no hardware is required and no money is required it is simply useful as a chat system and you can setup as many private chat sessions as you want.

However it does require players to be honest and not chat to each other behind the umpires back if they are not supposed to be in touch ;-)

Skype can be downloaded from
http://www.skype.com/intl/en-gb/download/skype/windows/

Hi Richard I think next year I will see if I can arrange a Skype game and see what interest there would be in it. I think it would be a great way of getting players from different countries involved.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:07 pm

There's 2 of us in my house who would be keen to give it a go.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 pm

OK,

I have been Downloading Maps of Vietnam in 1:50,000 scale so we might be able to do something with those....

Spent Monday night talking through some scenario ideas.

I just need to pull it all together....

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:55 am

Bravo.

Martin

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down