Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Next Week Planned Scenario Match

4 posters

Go down

Next Week Planned Scenario Match Empty Next Week Planned Scenario Match

Post  mitra Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:22 pm

Ok, I think my scenario is ready (also if I saw unluckily that exist many limits to scenario modding for the multiplayer version: the battlescript see only the end scenario command (I don't understand how Garnier GCM matches can dump the feedback informations necessary; I saw he has the command inside the battlescripts for his scenarios but doing the same things myself they doesn't work; and the automatic carryover doesn't work for the multi (still I don't know why this limit) ). Anyway I found a different mode for save all the info necessary for the carryover.

This should be the first of a set of scenarios linked (I think three it will depends) but differently from the campaign it will simulate a single clash along many hours, so there will not be soldiers recovers (or very little).

There will be multiple objectives with a large area of activation (so you need to protect them from very far for avoid to have it deactivated) but which will not give too many points in short time.

So in sum, watch out your losses and remember to protect your objectives and avoid the enemy took own. THe points at the end of battle and the objectives took and not took will determine the eventual reinforcements for each side. The scenarios is big (we speak of more than 30000 men in total), with cavalry present. I hope people already expert will try to use troops of dimension bigger than their usual brigade, anyway we will have space for many newbie.

Next post will describe the context of scenario

mitra

Back to top Go down

Next Week Planned Scenario Match Empty Re: Next Week Planned Scenario Match

Post  Martin Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:56 pm

That's great news Mitra.  Based on the doodle preferences, the general view is that our scenario games should in future be held on Saturdays.  I think that was your preference too, but perhaps you could confirm that you are happy to run the first in the trilogy next Saturday.

Can I also suggest that you put up a doodle for the game, so as to get a good idea of numbers.

Also (he says helpfully)  I thought the map and brief scenario description posted by Stefan for yesterday's scenario was excellent.  Are you intending to do something similar?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Next Week Planned Scenario Match Empty The Long March Home

Post  mitra Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:15 pm

What If Scenario

Jackson didn't die at Chancellorsville and Hooker losses were extremely heavy and, also if managed to retreat, half of 70.000 men of Hooker troops are death,wounded or missing with a good part of them are the stragglers still to reorganize, fit to return in service only after many weeks; the numerical superiority of Army fo Potomac is temporarily lost and Lee wants take advantage from this. After the return of Longstreet troops, with a turning movement north of Rappahannock, he forced the 75000 men of now reduced Army of Potomac to abandon Frederickburg and march north.  Now Lee doesn't want simply invade the North, now he has the possibility to destroy the entire army of Potomac on the battlefield and doesn't want to leave the prey free to run away.  Hooker retreates again behind the Potomac West of Washington. President Lincoln is already in crysis because of heavy losses received at Chancellorsville and doesn't want risk a siege of capital, nor Lee wants lost time for a difficult siege of almost invulnerable city fortifications.

At the end of May Lee cross the Potomac, north fo Hooker position, but now Meade is the new commander of Army. Meade try to form a new fortified line south of Frederik, Maryland for cover the Baltimore-Ohio raildroad but, again,Lee bypass him from south marching towards Baltimore, forcing him back again for avoid the fall of city. Meade knows that Lee cannot attack the city with a army behind him at few distance, but Lee wants Meade Army not the city. A short clash happens at Westminster, Maryland on the Pipe Creek hills, but Meade managed to leave the battlefield with the army intact moving north to Hanover, in Pennsylvania; a new fortified line has been prepared by the local militia here, extending to NW. On this line Meade wants resist to Lee. A western army corps from the Tennessee is coming and it will change the force balance again, but Meade has to protect his lines of communication with the west, a new retreat will mean the fall of all the Pennsylvania and the possible destruction of western reinforcements. Lee needs to destroy him before this and the time of grand operational movements is terminated: he has to fight in this area and has few days for organize the attack.

Last edited by mitra on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 2 times in total

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:16 pm

Martin wrote:That's great news Mitra.  Based on the doodle preferences, the general view is that our scenario games should in future be held on Saturdays.  I think that was your preference too, but perhaps you could confirm that you are happy to run the first in the trilogy next Saturday.

Can I also suggest that you put up a doodle for the game, so as to get a good idea of numbers.

Also (he says helpfully)  I thought the map and brief scenario description posted by Stefan for yesterday's scenario was excellent.  Are you intending to do something similar?

Martin (J)

Yes, but I'll send them to two CICs when defined, so they can prepare they plan and share them with the other players

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:20 pm

Here the doodle for the day:

http://doodle.com/se3953fd2yase53m

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:51 pm

Extract of Lincoln's discourse after the terrible defeat of Chancellorsville:

"In this terrible day I have only one thing to tell....Is all MTG fault...."

Comment of New York Times

"As usual..."

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:43 pm

Lincoln wrote:

Extract of Lincoln's discourse after the terrible defeat of Chancellorsville:

"In this terrible day I have only one thing to tell....Is all MTG fault...."

Comment of New York Times

"As usual..."
I had nothing to do with the debacle at Chancellorsville.  I was in the Shenandoah chasing after that bible thumping Father General.  Should I be posted to the Army of the Potomac, well, I haven't been through that part of Pennsylvania and Maryland.  Might be a few pieces of loose table service laying about.  pirat
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Well we have Kevin and Hays for sure for both the days. Congrats guys, you're the CiCs  Very Happy  ! (or this or 4 hours hearing Martin singing "Pagliacci" with english accent).

What side do you want?

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:47 pm

(or this or 4 hours hearing Martin singing "Pagliacci" with english accent)
Martin does opera??? Why doesn't that surprise me.  affraid 

What side do you want?
In my case, this is an unnecessary question. Gen. Georgia is a Union man. Plundering is easier in a blue uniform. Niall can be confederatti.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:
(or this or 4 hours hearing Martin singing "Pagliacci" with english accent)
Martin does opera???  Why doesn't that surprise me.  affraid 

What side do you want?
In my case, this is an unnecessary question. Gen. Georgia is a Union man.  Plundering is easier in a blue uniform.  Niall can be confederatti.

Is ok, Niall? Anyway is Confederati, Confederatti is like told Confede-rats (perhaps is a deceitful insult to the enemy Smile )

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:07 pm

Whew! For a moment I thought I misspelled it.  Very Happy 
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:31 pm

Did you mean Confetti?

I have signed up. I can make both days.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:10 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:Did you mean Confetti?

I have signed up. I can make both days.

Perhaps he means Confetture (Jams)

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:40 pm

Or it could be the Confidential States of America.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down