Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean

3 posters

Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Tom this is where you communicate with Sean

Post  MJ1 Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm

This area of forum is open to you and Sean so you get to do In Game Comms in this area...

Last edited by MJ1 on Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Re: Tom this is where you communicate with Sean

Post  Tom Ballou Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:40 am

Ok l'm on line now still trying to figure out my locations and where I have contact.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Re: Tom this is where you communicate with Sean

Post  Tom Ballou Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:41 am

Mark are these commas radio or runner traffic, and do I know roughly where Sean is?

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  MJ1 Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:01 am

Hi, Sean has located his HQ in the City and you know where he is. The previous commander of the forces dictat was that all comms to be made by runner and not radio so I have assumed that for any messages sent between the NVA commanders. You can choose to use Radio / or runners as you wish.

The Enemy are using radio and you get the occasional intercept.

MJ1

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Message to Tom for Turn 10

Post  sean b Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 am

Our forces have been pushed back into Hue except for a few companies south of the river. We are being pressed on all sides. I have moved 7th Bn to the west side of the city to prepare to break out to you to maintain a line of communication and receive further supplies. Tomorrow (10 Feb, Turn 11), use 5th and 6th Bns to attack US Marines on west side of Hue, disrupt enemy attack, and break through to me. Support attack with rockets if possible. If you cannot target the Marines with rockets, then fire to the north of the north wall against US Army Air Cav.

Report to me on status outside city and availability of supplies and reinforcements.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Sit Rep

Post  Tom Ballou Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 pm

There is Armor and APCs moving down Hwy 1 from Tram Van Xa (27/68) the force there is unable to interdict, but will look for follow on soft targets to slow advance.

5th Bn has setup a blocking force on the bridge north of the Thon Kim Lone (22/73) the remaining element are west of Hue. They are thought to be undetected. There sis a coy watching Hwy 1 closer to Hue at Thon Que Chew 25/69 to report the progress of the advance down Hwy 1.

They observed 2 coys of USMC infantry in the area attacking Hue. We have spotted their support mortars in the training area, and 6th Bn will attack as per plan with 2 coys, to attempt to compress their perimeter.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Message for Turn 11

Post  sean b Mon May 26, 2014 9:16 pm

Am launching attack with 7th Bn westward out of Hue to link up with you. According to previous plan, you should be attacking now with 5th and 6th Bns to break through American lines and link up with 7th Bn. When we make contact, send available supplies through to Hue. In particular, we need mortar ammunition if you have it.

Have received radio intercepts indicating that USMC is requesting reinforcements for attack on south of Hue -- this may or may not happen -- west side of city and line of communications is our primary concern. Intercept from ARVN suggests possible disagreement between US and ARVN over who must lead attacks on Hue. This may suggest ARVN desire to let US lead.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Message for Turn 11 (repeated from other thread)

Post  sean b Mon May 26, 2014 9:18 pm

Am launching attack with 7th Bn westward out of Hue to link up with you. According to previous plan, you should be attacking now with 5th and 6th Bns to break through American lines and link up with 7th Bn. When we make contact, send available supplies through to Hue. In particular, we need mortar ammunition if you have it.

Have received radio intercepts indicating that USMC is requesting reinforcements for attack on south of Hue -- this may or may not happen -- west side of city and line of communications is our primary concern. Intercept from ARVN suggests possible disagreement between US and ARVN over who must lead attacks on Hue. This may suggest ARVN desire to let US lead.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty I am in position along the canal

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:19 am

I have attempted an assault on the rear of the Marine force. I was repulsed with little loss, I'm going to launch a second attack to keep them distracted. I have blocked all crossing points of the canal.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty I am in position along the canal

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:22 am

I have attempted an assault on the rear of the Marine force. I was repulsed with little loss, I'm going to launch a second attack to keep them distracted. I have blocked all crossing points of the canal.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  sean b Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 am

Keep attacks coming with maximum effort until we break through their lines.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Post  sean b Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:11 am

Keep attacks coming with maximum effort until we break through their lines.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Message for Tuirn 12

Post  sean b Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 am

Congratulations on a successful attack! I will have 7th Bn hold open the supply line from SW Hue out to you. Keep up the pressure on the Americans in the ARVN 1st Div Training Center and maintain contact with 7th Bn. Send supplies if you have them. American armor and ARVN are trying to break into Hue from the north. Will hold them as long as I can.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Post  sean b Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:41 am

Based on radio intercepts I expect all-around attacks on Hue from Americans and ARVN now. 7th Bn has been ordered to dig in and hold open supply line to you from SW Hue. Send supplies if you have them. I am redeploying one company to northern Hue to help stop American led attack that is supported by armor. Launch counterattacks against vulnerable US/ARVN forces where possible.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Reply to Turn 12 Message

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:00 pm

I'm observing the Americans attempting a ferry crossing, I will bring it under fire from the 122s. I will keep pressing the attack.

Route one is heavily patrolled, I could divert a battalion to attempt to disrupt the movement of troops, but I think I'm unlikely to succeed.

Supplies are on their way, I will draw off one point for resupplying the 122s the rest will be moving towards you.

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Tom this is where you communicate with Sean Empty Location of American Ferries

Post  Tom Ballou Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:49 pm

My Scouts are reporting the American ferries are crossing at 18/73  I'm moving a full battalion blocking force to Ap Long Ho Thuong (19/70) with 2 co controlling the town, and a company on the high ground to the west.  I hope to take the ferries under observation for artillery fire.

I have moved 2 Cos of troops to block the appoaches to Hue from Rt 1 and I'm going to attempt to occupy and defend Chu An Ho (23/73).

Tom Ballou

Back to top Go down

Post  sean b Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:06 am

Very good! The supplies will be most welcome.

sean b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum