Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III

3 posters

Go down

Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III Empty Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:02 pm

The original Napoleon: Total War was a joke. The game bore no relation at all to Napoleonic warfare but the Lordz group of modders has modded the game to produce NTW3 which gives a much better game. As with all the TW games it looks superb though the gameplay is still on the weak side compared to SoW and there's no proper FOW and no way to limit the camera or ensure the minimap is turned off by everyone so it cannot produce the environment that a Kriegspiel requires but the MP games do look fun.

Here's a video of a battle on the very nice Jena map with a great commentary by a lad who clearly gets into it and is enjoying himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1qd1dMMcEY
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III Empty Re: Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III

Post  Leffe7 Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:08 am

Hi Martin
I also have NTW and I dont think I will play the vanilla version ever again, but perhaps this mod is worth giving a try. Did you play it in MP already? And is the SP campaign much improved over vanilla?
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III Empty Re: Other PC games - Napoleonic Total War III

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:32 am

I have not tried MP yet. I think that is the best way to play it. Perhaps a few of us could give it a go. Napoleon: Total War is several years old now and is bargain bin prices on Steam. Around $5 I think, or less. The NTW3 mod of course is free.

The SP campaign is a lot of fun, but the Lordz spent a long time perfecting the stand-alone battles and most of them prefer that kind of play. Only a very small number of them, so I'm told, have invested work in getting the SP campaign to run and it shows. The map side of it is still a little raw and clunky but I'm prepared to put up with that for the excellent battles. The AI isn't the best opponent but the experience is much better than any other mod.

The Lordz are still hard at work improving the camapign. It's up to v3.47 now and they plan on releasing a v4 early in the new year. I've been giving them feedback on the TWC forum and they've taken on board a few suggestions.

The naval battles side of things is much improved as well with these being quite a challenge now.

There's even an MP campaign which 2 players can play though I'm told that's best played via a Hamachi network as the Steam online link isn't stable enough.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:45 am

Beware. . . you can canister the crud out of your own boys!
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:51 am

Friendly fire is one of the good things about NTW!
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down