Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

HITS & Couriers / GCM rework of Nap Mod

+3
mitra
Uncle Billy
Mr. Digby
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

HITS & Couriers / GCM rework of Nap Mod - Page 2 Empty Re: HITS & Couriers / GCM rework of Nap Mod

Post  Grog Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:20 pm

Good

-I would like an inf brigade formation which has columns of attack arranged two deep (like the brigade in two lines). Spacing would be the same as the two lines formation (for quick change into this formation and vice versa).

- Havn't noticed but have we speeded up the attack columns up yet? They were slower than lines last time I looked.

- Cav brigade in columns of squadrons in line but with generous spacing of squadrons.

- Not really a GIU issue but, have a unit capable of skirmishing in all inf brigades (number and quality to reflect nations and phase historically. Skirmish unit to take lead in column marches (No 1 in OOB). Also, I don't agree with making all light units automatically adopt skirmish formation. Skirmish lines were often made up of a variety of light inf sourses, often light companies or third rankers.

- Is it possible to have a large version of the GIU? so that those with larger monitors can use up more of their screen (width). I would prefer a more economic use of this area, whether we use tabs or more buttons ie bigger buttons please.

Cheers

Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

HITS & Couriers / GCM rework of Nap Mod - Page 2 Empty Re: HITS & Couriers / GCM rework of Nap Mod

Post  Uncle Billy Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Grog wrote:- Not really a GIU issue but, have a unit capable of skirmishing in all inf brigades (number and quality to reflect nations and phase historically. Skirmish unit to take lead in column marches (No 1 in OOB). Also, I don't agree with making all light units automatically adopt skirmish formation. Skirmish lines were often made up of a variety of light inf sourses, often light companies or third rankers.
Unfortunately, the game doesn't allow us to pick some light units being able to skirmish and not others. It's all or nothing. Since the AI is at a considerable disadvantage not knowing about skirmishers, I opted for all. I've tried it in a couple of SP games and they looks quite good. In fact it doesn't look too bad from an aerial viewpoint.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  kg little mac Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:12 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:In fact it doesn't look too bad from an aerial viewpoint.
What?

Blasphemy!
kg little mac
kg little mac

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 pm

I'm guilty of hiring the Montgolfier bros infernal balloon while testing the game too. Can't see bugger-all from the arse end of a horse.

Grog, I think we can incorporate those formations.

Yes, attack columns are now faster than lines. We spotted that problem months back and Kevin fixed it quite quickly.

I agree that a dedicated sk unit per brigade is a good idea; representing some converged voltigeur companies or flank companies. Some armies though didn't have them; the Austrians tended to mass their skirmish-capable units into their own brigades and the Spanish had precious few sk capable bods at all.

These changes though would mean we'd have to start creating our own OOBs. I want to do a completely new 1815 one anyway as the current offering has a few problems. I can do Peninsular ones too but don't know enough about the battles between French/Austrians and French/Russians. For my 1815 OOB I want to issue a full mod called "100 Days Mod" and include Gunships latest sprites so that's my next job when I have finished messing with stuff in the Peninsular campaign.

An 1813 Mod with the Russian & Prussian sprites in would be great too.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2