Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time

+6
Mr. Digby
mitra
Grog
Muleskinner
MajorByrd
Father General
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time Empty Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time

Post  Father General Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:46 am

Jan. 19, 2200 GMT

There are a few things that need to happen to make everything run smoothly.

1. This battle has special conditions for both sides of which the other side is unaware. The very unique nature of the battle is such that sides must be assigned in advance and briefings must be delivered via email. The standard method of briefing just immediately prior the battle on TS will simply not do in this case. I will explain the various and appropriate rationale to the side commanders, Kevin and Stefan.

2. I will adjust forum permissions to admit each side's team to discuss operations in advance via the forums. Email is also acceptable and encouraged. Please do not share information from the forums with team members on the other side.

3. Please make sure your games are patched and running smoothly before we get into this battle. The special design of the scenario combines with the difficulty of coordinating time between so many players and the result is we only get one shot at this. Can you feel the pressure to deliver? Let's not blow that shot because we spend too much time adjusting mods, settings and such.

4. I am not sure about this, but turning down the eye candy (graphics) might make the game more stable. If needed, let us do so to ensure a 13-14 player game works. I need someone who knows better than me to suggest specific settings. WHO WILL BE THE BEST HOST?

5. If you have any specific questions about the battle itself, and the OOB and such, please ask me via email only: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Fun fact: that email comes from scourge of war kreigspiel campaign.

5. I will now post the side roster below. Unaffiliated players may choose which side they now prefer, until balance is achieved. I will allow 24 hours for this to occur. After that, I will assign any leftover players myself. Please post your preference below.

(Check it: Please let me know if I split you from your tightest homie and you just have to play together, cuz that's how you be rollin'. If so, I can check myself and and hook up a little G with his dawg, K, word.)

Confederate Roster (6/7?)

Leffe7
Neal
Digby
Flashman
KGLittleMac
Chernov
Baldwin?? -No info

Union Roster (8 )

Kevin
Byrd
Jeff
WJPalmer
Jonah
Hays
Steve
Muleskinner

Floaters (0)

Possible participant

Baldwin (CSA if so)

Unlikely, but greatly desired participants

Mitra
Legio

Not listed above? It's not too late to join!

Post to this thread and I'll get you in!

Last edited by Father General on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:01 pm; edited 5 times in total
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time Empty Re: Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time

Post  MajorByrd Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:53 am

Byrd - Union - Any time suits me.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time Empty Re: Thunder in the Shenandoah Official Battle Date & Time

Post  Muleskinner Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:43 pm

Me - Union.. preferably my cavalry. They are invited to the battle, right?

Muleskinner

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Muleskinner wrote:Me - Union.. preferably my cavalry. They are invited to the battle, right?

Yes, they are in it.

Are you on the doodle?
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:01 am

Well, at least everybody now knows that there will be Union Cavalry invited to the battle Very Happy
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:45 am

Neal

From the Doodle, I see that the following cannot start until 10pm

Neal, Jonah and Steve

For Mitra, this is 11pm in Italy which, even accounting for his afternoon siesta Very Happy, is still quite late.

A slightly earlier time of 9.30 would mean i get a wink more sleep before my 6am rise for work.

Any chance you three fellas could make this time?

Perhaps Mitra might then partake.

Appols for complicating things but I have missed one of these games already through work and my boys got a rough handling in the last one and are in need of my paternal guidance Wink

Mike
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:07 pm

I don't have a big problem with this. I know on my end, I have a commitment which lets out at 1:00 p.m. PST, so that will be pushing it for me as I have to get out, make it home, and get online. However, I will most certainly try. And if moving the time cuts me out but brings in 2-3 more players, then by all means it must be done.

IF Jonah and Stave can make the 2130, then we'll do it. If not, then we have to stick with 2200. Ultimately, we want to do what brings the most players to the field.

Jonah, Steve? 2130?

Barring that, we will start as soon as everybody is present. All i can warn is, don't be later than 2200, or you'll be left behind, cleaning the sinks!

-Neal

Grog wrote:Neal

From the Doodle, I see that the following cannot start until 10pm

Neal, Jonah and Steve

For Mitra, this is 11pm in Italy which, even accounting for his afternoon siesta Very Happy, is still quite late.

A slightly earlier time of 9.30 would mean i get a wink more sleep before my 6am rise for work.

Any chance you three fellas could make this time?

Perhaps Mitra might then partake.

Appols for complicating things but I have missed one of these games already through work and my boys got a rough handling in the last one and are in need of my paternal guidance Wink

Mike
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  mitra Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:21 am

Don't worry guys, it is not like 30 minutes do much difference for me, the problem is the length of campaign battle, 3 or 4 hours of game time if I remember well last time, so perhaps also 5 hours if we have a little of lag, is going to finish too late for me anyway. The important is to have more players possible for the match, so play with the best time for this

mitra

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:10 pm

Neal

Mitra made a good point, 3-4 hours for Campaign game. I overlooked just how long these games can be.

Realistically, I'm sad to say, even a 9.30 start would be pushing it for me. I would be pretty knackered from my 12hr shift anyways.

Best count me out and start at 10pm. The Father General can then arrive on the battlefield without a blown mount.

have a GG Cool
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:13 pm

That puts us down to 5 CSA vs 8 USA. Can one of the USA move across to help balance things?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Yes, I will adjust.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:11 pm

I adjusted and moved Steve. If Baldwin plays then we will have 7v7 which should be just enough.

We could really use two more players though. I propose we start beating the bushes to find them for our commanders' sake!

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  kg_sspoom Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:45 pm

moving me might not be the best of ideas as I am privy to the plans of the yanks
kg_sspoom
kg_sspoom

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:46 pm

kg_sspoom wrote:moving me might not be the best of ideas as I am privy to the plans of the yanks

Did Kevin already distribute briefings?

I'll choose another victim.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:48 pm

Father General wrote:
kg_sspoom wrote:moving me might not be the best of ideas as I am privy to the plans of the yanks

Did Kevin already distribute briefings?

I'll choose another victim.

Chernov is the only other one I can move.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:52 pm

Chernov has not been party to any briefings.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:28 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:Chernov has not been party to any briefings.

Ok we will leave him moved.

Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:18 pm

Please do add Muleskinner to the fray.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:17 pm

just a reminder: the Pipe Creek Add-on is required to play in this battle...
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Comrade Chernov Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:40 pm

Wait...I'm confused. Why am I on the Confederate side? The Brigade I had created was a Union one...

EDIT: And what is this about briefings? I've received no such emails. Question

EDIT 2: Oh, I probably should have read the thread first. Embarassed

That said, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend tomorrow, but I can certainly try. My internet's been a bit...spotty.

Comrade Chernov

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 pm

Comrade Chernov wrote:Wait...I'm confused. Why am I on the Confederate side? The Brigade I had created was a Union one...

EDIT: And what is this about briefings? I've received no such emails. Question

EDIT 2: Oh, I probably should have read the thread first. Embarassed

That said, I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend tomorrow, but I can certainly try. My internet's been a bit...spotty.

1. You did, however when you Doodled, you did not post your side preference. When players do not post side preference, they are considered floaters. Floaters are used to balance the sides after players with preferences apply. To do this correctly, you must add (USA) behind your name on the Doodle.

In addition, you were the last eligible player to be assigned to the other side, so this was done to preserve balance.

2. Briefings, you should have one. If not, email Leffe7. Worst case, I can get something to you tonight.

3. Please try. Real hard. The Confederates are looking at a serious manpower shortage as it is. I have a sick feeling that poor internet connections may cause a significant number of casualties.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  MajorByrd Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:30 pm

I wouldn't count on him playing.
MajorByrd
MajorByrd

Back to top Go down

Post  Comrade Chernov Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:25 am

I'll try. But no promises. And yeah, I just checked my email (disturbed_fan@live.com) and there was no emails regarding KS.

Also, I originally did post my side preference, there just happened to be like 5 different doodles. But it's w/e. Razz

EDIT: So will I have to make a Confederate Brigade, or is there one in the OOB that I can use because its player is absent?

Comrade Chernov

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:38 am

Comrade Chernov wrote:I'll try. But no promises. And yeah, I just checked my email (disturbed_fan@live.com) and there was no emails regarding KS.

Also, I originally did post my side preference, there just happened to be like 5 different doodles. But it's w/e. Razz

EDIT: So will I have to make a Confederate Brigade, or is there one in the OOB that I can use because its player is absent?

You'll be filling in. Sorry for the confusion, it kinda happens from time to time, at least with me. Digby will be handling this from hence.

I'll forward you your side briefing as I have a copy.

See ya tomorrow. Smile You'll have fun, tell your GF she'll have to understand, Saturday afternoon or no. You might as well train her up starting now! Loving a SOW gamer is a tough assignment.

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Comrade Chernov Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:42 am

I wasn't aware that I had a girlfriend. Razz

It should be no problem, mainly just the fact that it'll be starting at 5pm for me, and going, as said earlier, for 3-4 hours...that's usually the timeframe in which I eat dinner, so I may leave for a few minutes while ingame to cook something. Not that the enemy team would mind. Razz

Comrade Chernov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next