Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Rule change results

+2
M.Jonah
Father General
6 posters

Go down

Rule change results Empty Rule change results

Post  Father General Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:44 am

PASS 1) With regards to the tactical map, the umpire will no longer set victory conditions or objectives for the sides. Both sides may remain engaged or disengage at will regardless of the general outcome of the skirmish. With regards to the strategic map, the ranking officer in the node will make the decision to move or remain.

FAIL 2) The umpire will distribute ancillary victor's spoils (promotions, special unit names, weapon upgrades) consistent with the score.

FAIL 3) As per the OOB, win/draw/loss application will be adjudicated by the umpire and WILL NOT be disclosed to the commanders.
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Rule change results Empty Re: Rule change results

Post  Father General Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:47 am

The failure of Amendments 2 and 3 means that the umpire will determine a victor based on personal discretion. (thanks you made my job extremely difficult... Evil or Very Mad )

Based on that determination, which may be extremely subjective, the umpire will distribute the ancillary victor's spoils.

Meanwhile, the passage of Amendment 1 means that the declaration of victory or defeat will not compel any commanders to move nodes post battle.

Thank you

-Neal
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  M.Jonah Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:18 am

Sadly i just think thats rediculous if a side losses the battle they should be compelled to retreat from the field because if a player wants to be obstinate then they could just say we are nopt moving and the campaign will not go anywhere and stagnate its already like a snail trying to cross a road covered in molasis.
M.Jonah
M.Jonah

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:10 am

Agree with Jonah. In a nodal map the winner holds the node, the loser must withdraw from it via any road the winner does not block.

This is pretty elementary to the system.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:19 pm

I agree, the loser must withdraw. I believe Stefan and I both agreed that in instances where both sides are on the field at the end of the battle, still fighting or just starring across the field mooning one another, we use the newspaper headline to decide the winner and loser. Only if the game judged the fight inconclusive, would both sides remain in place.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Father General Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:I agree, the loser must withdraw. I believe Stefan and I both agreed that in instances where both sides are on the field at the end of the battle, still fighting or just starring across the field mooning one another, we use the newspaper headline to decide the winner and loser. Only if the game judged the fight inconclusive, would both sides remain in place.

If you gentlemen do not like the option, then you do not have to exercise it.

As per the rules, I will still declare a victor. What the corps commanders do, is now up to them.

How I pick the winner in a battle -- especially if I don't participate and I can't view the replay (yep, my replay function is broken) I have no idea at this moment. But I still have a day to figure it out, so no need to worry...
Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:00 pm

Uncle Billy wrote:I agree, the loser must withdraw. I believe Stefan and I both agreed that in instances where both sides are on the field at the end of the battle, still fighting or just starring across the field mooning one another, we use the newspaper headline to decide the winner and loser. Only if the game judged the fight inconclusive, would both sides remain in place.
I think it's right that the final decision on this has to be down to the umpire & corps commanders, or we'll be going round in circles forever. Glad I'm not one of them Very Happy

But isn't there a problem with relying on the game victory screen? I've certainly played a number of battles where the 'result' appears to bear no relation to the condition of the two armies. I can remember an occasion where one side put most of the enemy to flight, and as a result outnumbered their remaining troops by 4:1. The game nevertheless judged that side to have lost, because it suffered a couple of hundred more killed & wounded. I can only assume that's because the victory calculation takes little or no account of routed units. On that basis Lee & Jackson would have lost most battles in 1862.

I only mention this because In SP you just shrug it off. Will folks be happy to do that in MP I wonder?

Martin (J)

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leffe7 Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:45 pm

I agree that the Umpire shall declare a victor after the battle. This decision is to be used for the OOB calculation of losses (I prefered this to be a non-disclosed decision, but now its common knowledge). But as per rule change 1 "Both sides may remain engaged or disengage at will regardless of the general outcome of the skirmish."

IIRC Lee's campaign in the Peninsula consited of a series of battles, a lot of them had to be seen as a CSA defeat. But he kept attacking regardless.
Leffe7
Leffe7

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down