Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1561 registered users
The newest registered user is Captsmoak

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Campaign update 10/7

4 posters

Go down

Campaign update 10/7 Empty Campaign update 10/7

Post  Father General Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:21 am

Few should be surprised to hear that contact is imminent and you can expect your first battle announcement within the next week.

I have been watching and tracking the careful moves of both corps since Thursday of last week, tracking everything on a printed map of the region, aided by volunteer pieces from an old game of Risk. My family thinks I am crazy and I have been asked "what are you doing?" To which I replied, "I am coordinating a game involving [cough]hundreds[cough] from across Europe and the USA."

Well, it's political season here in the US, which means it's prime time to tell whoppers to everyone you meet and see what you can get away with.

Anyway, I think I have been having a great time with this campaign, although it has its moments of headache and stress. It is a fair bit of work.

I am very happy with everyone's performance and participation, and I believe I have caught on, for the most part, although i am still learning as I go.

I have tried, and will continue to try, to keep things as simple as possible and to minimize the workload on the participants. However, I have found that some individuals enjoy taking a more active role than others, and some really enjoy the roleplay. I must say, the roleplay does add a lot of excitement to what would otherwise be drudgery.

If you are an infantry commander, and you haven't seen or heard much, I encourage you to send an email to your commander, myself, or to post in the forums. Some of you have been quite busy, sending orders about twice a day, and others have been fairly ignored because they are under the leadership of a commander who is doing much of the work on their behalf. Don't be afraid to get involved, to ask for your location or a report of what's going on. I will happily write and send you an individual report of what happened to you during the most recent turn of game-time. I want you to enjoy the Kreisgsspiel campaign experience as much as me.

Anyway, stay tuned, there's action on tap this week!

-Neal

Father General
Father General

Back to top Go down

Campaign update 10/7 Empty Re: Campaign update 10/7

Post  Blaugrana Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:11 am

Huge thanks, Neal, for all the work you are putting into this.

Colonel Humm has been indisposed for a few days and not really aware of where he is or what he is doing. I shall try and get him to wake up and at least sign a report to General Georgia in the hope that he can take a greater part in proceedings.

Yours,

Jeff

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:00 am

It will be interesting in-game to see Col Humm's brigade formed in square around his wagon as he dozes peacefully in the back, a 'do not disturb' sign hanging from a nail on the tailboard.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:26 pm

Mr. Digby wrote:It will be interesting in-game to see Col Humm's brigade formed in square around his wagon as he dozes peacefully in the back, a 'do not disturb' sign hanging from a nail on the tailboard.
I trust the post-prandial nap will be respected by all, surely? Is nothing sacred?

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:54 pm

July 27, 1861
Col. Humm,

Welcome back. I hope your recent illness will in no way interfere with the performance of your duties. I have just reviewed this week's take er.. acquisitions list my aide, Capt. Evans, has drawn up. I see that your Illinois boys have not met their quota. It won't do colonel. It won't do at all. Your brigade has been tasked with the important duty of securing all the candlesticks in the valley. Please see that your men redouble their efforts. We can't afford to have layabouts in this army, sir. Every man must do his full duty to make this campaign a success.

You have always been a model of industry in such matters and I am sure that the malady which has recently laid you low is to blame for the noted shortage. I have full confidence in your ability to right the situation.

I remain your obedient servant,
Lt. General M.T. Georgia, Commanding
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Blaugrana Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:39 pm

July 27th 1861

Lt. General M.T. Georgia

General,

One of my German sergeants (fellow called Kaymer) has given me this fine trophy he and some other men claim to have won recently. It looks like it may be worth something. I will have it delivered to your wagons.

I remain, your obedient servant,

Colonel Henry J Humm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Blaugrana

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:44 pm

Hmmm, I'll have it tested to make sure it's sterling and not plate. Very Happy
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down