Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Sat Jan 20, 2024 4:24 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

» Scourge of war Waterloo remastered on Steam
by Martin Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30495 messages in 2294 subjects

I forgot my password

Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Empty Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon

Post  Chorch Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:59 pm

To your health, gentlemen,
From the Spanish lands, which have given us the immortal Quixote, Velázquez and the worst politicians in this hemisphere, a distant follower who has decided to plunge into the waters of the Kriegsspiel.
I have a blog of stories and other topics from the Napoleonic era and a small corner dedicated to wargaming.
This week I hope to start a fictional Napoleonic campaign of kriegsspiel on the Isle of Wight, which I hope I can complete in its entirety, something that as a referee/umpire would be a first in the annals of wargaming, or at least mine.
Greetings to the members of the forum that I hope to attend as many times as possible.
Chorch
Chorch

https://elrincondebyron.com/

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Empty Re: Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:49 pm

Hello! Your Isle of Wight campaign sounds fantastic. How would a person become involved?
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Chorch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Empty Re: Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon

Post  Chorch Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:01 pm

Hello. Mr. Digby,

Thanks for your words. I've tried to post some photos and a new post, but it seems new members can't post with some links in 7 days...scratch
It's a personal experiment with friends, and because it's the first kriegsspiel campaign I've starting (not my first campaign as umpire),
I'm sure there will be several failures, so if the experience is positive, I can share it more widely without being burned at the stake.
But I can advance a small introduction:
The map is relatively small, about 20x30 km, approx. so as an introductory experience we hope it will be positive.
To carry out the campaign we will use Tabletop Simulator for movements and messages with e-mail/Whatsapp.
We were lucky to find one in the Penn University digital collections, scale ca. 1:66,000, that we have colored and improved for the game.
Nor will it be a "typical" kriegsspiel because the turns are 2 daily turns of 6 hours, with an optional night turn. I've have some doubts about
this point...

Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Map_gr12
Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Tts_112
Greetings from Barcelona, ​​where Don Quixote lost his duel with the Knight of the White Moon Tts212
Chorch
Chorch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:56 pm

It looks fantastic. Please send us reports on how things develop.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Back to top Go down

Post  Chorch Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:02 pm

Thanks, I'll try to make an AAR of the Campaign when it finishes. Wink
Chorch
Chorch

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:15 pm

I agree with Diggers. It looks as if you've put a lot of thought & work into it, Chorch. I'm sure that will pay dividends.

Martin J

Martin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chorch Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Hi, Martin,

Thanks, as you have said, a lot of work, indeed. But the problem it's always the same: we are all "middle-aged" and both players are good
friends of mine, but sooner or later, there is always a problem, breaking the campaign: family, kids, work, any circumstance, etc.
But I hope this time will be different and we could finish it.
By the way, I think I didn't mention that it's partially based on a hex based wargame of Mark Wightman, from Draken Games, "Vectis" 3rd edition.
Chorch
Chorch

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Digby Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:32 pm

Are you running this by e-mail or might there be some files stored somewhere? Would you be able to keep us updated with progress by means of reports for each turn or two and accounts of battles? It sounds great and I'm kicking myself for never even considering the IoW as a campaign map before, despite all my decades of wargaming.

Now I'm going to look at places like the Isle of Man or Channel Islands to see if they are worth fighting over! I can see a mini-naval and seaborne landings campaign set in the Channel Islands maybe.
Mr. Digby
Mr. Digby

Chorch likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post  Chorch Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm

We start precisely this weekend, with TTS for the umpire (me) and with e-mail or WhatsApp for reports/messages.
It costs me nothing to open a post in the forum or where it is necessary to keep a "diary" of the campaign.
In part it is logical not to think of the Isle of Wight as a Napoleonic scenario because in reality it only served as a training place for some foreign units in British service such as the KGL, but nothing more: it did not even have Martello defensive towers like other places on the English coast... And the British naval superiority, especially after Trafalgar, left no doubt that an invasion was impossible. I think Napoleon already knew it a long time ago before Trafalgar...
I also have a mechanism based on Albion 20, by Victory Point Games, to know who is the "master" of the seas/by turn to consider or not disembark the units.
Probably other good scenarios could be Sicily, Corsica... or the Balearic Islands.
Minorca was a naval base for Britain and Spain, and a "raid" after Trafalgar battle could be interesting... The principal harbour was Mahon, in the south, and in the north, Ciudadela or Ciutadella harbour was obsolete and of no use for Royal Navy ships...
Chorch
Chorch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down