Kriegsspiel News Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Grog a little late
by Grog Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:33 pm

» SOW Scenario Generator
by Uncle Billy Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:08 pm

» Impromptu Games
by Uncle Billy Fri Mar 15, 2024 3:35 pm

» Beginner doubts
by Martin Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:07 pm

» New player advice on maneovring to attack
by Uncle Billy Sun Feb 25, 2024 3:52 pm

» Our KS Group and 2024
by Martin Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm

» SoW OOB Editor
by RickMandar Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:23 pm

» Scenario Generator/ Artillery Question
by ARCH93 Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:08 pm

» KS mod ARMY command
by Uncle Billy Fri Jan 19, 2024 3:02 pm

» Europe in the XIX. century - ARCANUM Maps
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 pm

» Mapping software?
by Martin Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 pm

» Cigar box pocket kriegspiel
by Martin Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:00 pm

Statistics
We have 1560 registered users
The newest registered user is chanceyseth

Our users have posted a total of 30498 messages in 2295 subjects

I forgot my password

Greetings from Arkansas

4 posters

Go down

Greetings from Arkansas Empty Greetings from Arkansas

Post  alexbond Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:54 pm

Greetings gentlemen,

I am looking for people to actually paly tabletop Kriegsspiel on the computer with.

I have just recently finished creating a module for Tabletop simulator that includes the Meckel Map and a bunch of blocks I made on my own that resemble what's in the book and scaled them to the map. I obtained the rules and map from twofatlardies and the only real issue with it of dead zones in the bottom right which was created from mismatched map squares. It doesn't bother me too much.

I'd post a link to the mod so you can see image previews, but new member so no dice.

It'd be great if there was a discord to join for setting up these kind of games on the PC.

Otherwise, glad to be here. Obviously nobody plays 'round here. . .that's why I use computers Very Happy
alexbond
alexbond

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Arkansas Empty Re: Greetings from Arkansas

Post  Annaeruo Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:12 pm

I'd be interested in playing.

Annaeruo

Back to top Go down

Post  Uncle Billy Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:14 pm

Welcome to the forum, Alex. On the contrary, we play three times a week. It's just that we play a RTS game called Scourge of War Waterloo. We have a Discord channel we use for that purpose. It's not Kriegsspiel with blocks and dice but it gives a pretty good representation of warfare of that period. You can check out the Scourge of War sub-forum to see if you might be interested.
Uncle Billy
Uncle Billy

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:52 pm

Hi Alex
Tabletop Simulator for Kriegsspiel sounds interesting. Is there a way to have full Fog of War, Hidden Movement, yet? The last I looked into it, the best way to hide opponents forces was for the Umpore/Grandmaster to use multiple hide boxes, if that makes sense. I never understood why there was  no simpler way to make opponents units invisible until Umpire decides they can be seen.
On the Scourge of War subject, Ehey, one of our players streams and records our games on YouTube,  under Dump Truck.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  alexbond Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:48 pm

Grog wrote:Hi Alex
Tabletop Simulator for Kriegsspiel sounds interesting. Is there a way to have full Fog of War, Hidden Movement, yet? The last I looked into it, the best way to hide opponents forces was for the Umpire/Grandmaster to use multiple hide boxes, if that makes sense. I never understood why there was  no simpler way to make opponents units invisible until Umpire decides they can be seen.
On the Scourge of War subject, Ehey, one of our players streams and records our games on YouTube,  under Dump Truck.

Grog,

The original intention has been, and probably still will be, to have TTS only host the master board and use pictures to clue players in real time. They can host their own private boards and reposition pieces based on reports and screenshots of their actual sight.

This would be similar to PBEM or PBF, except since we have discord and computers are really fast it's not terribly difficult to respond to information in real time. Of course, PBEM and PBF can still be done.

Up to 10 Umpires can huddle around the master board at once, if for whatever reason someone wanted to run a game that large.

This has the added benefit of also technically allowing participants as players to play and not own TTS. They won't have a tool for keeping track of the board, however.
alexbond
alexbond

Back to top Go down

Post  Grog Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:43 am

Hi Alex
I see. TTS primarily for the Umpire(s) and relaying info, as with Face to face Kriegsspiel but could be done PBEM etc.
Yeh, that's much more in Keeping with the traditional Kriegsspiel. Sounds really good. I've only had one game of Traditional Kriegsspiel so far.
Tabletop Simulator seems like a Great way to utilise the technology whilst still keeping the Tabletop Wargame feel to it.
Maybe something our Scourge of War regulars could use for a Campaign/Minicampaign.
Grog
Grog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down